If god does exist

And Amanda, you're right, you need to stick to your little group of self-deluded hallucinators and pray that you all never sober up.

PS I bet that's not even your picture and your really fat and old

See how bitter not having at least a little religion has made this person ...

why? i find a good chunk of the self-professed religious types to be equally nasty and bitter.

I asked, if god exists, why doesn't he just hold a press conference on the White House lawn?

It wouldn't be necessary as he sounds like he can communicate without our technology, nor would he choose one 'lawn' as that befits a small, local scale and were one omnipresent - even a lawn as freedom loving and glorious as the WH would be small potatoes.

You seem to think existence leads to communication, which is odd. The first few millions of years God populated the planet with walnut-size brained thunder lizards, so perhaps a chit-chat with the one special creature he made in his image is not a priority?

What about the myth of the burning bush that spoke to Moses but did not turn to ashes? Why won’t god do that again? What about the parting of the Red Sea or the great flood. Come to think of it, how did Noah get the dinosaurs on the ark?

All these questions are answered in the bible. I find it frustrating that people who claim to know more than Christians reveal their ignorance of the Bible every time they ask a question that has already been answered.

It wouldn't be necessary as he sounds like he can communicate without our technology, nor would he choose one 'lawn' as that befits a small, local scale and were one omnipresent - even a lawn as freedom loving and glorious as the WH would be small potatoes.

You seem to think existence leads to communication, which is odd. The first few millions of years God populated the planet with walnut-size brained thunder lizards, so perhaps a chit-chat with the one special creature he made in his image is not a priority?

What about the myth of the burning bush that spoke to Moses but did not turn to ashes? Why won’t god do that again? What about the parting of the Red Sea or the great flood. Come to think of it, how did Noah get the dinosaurs on the ark?

All these questions are answered in the bible. I find it frustrating that people who claim to know more than Christians reveal their ignorance of the Bible every time they ask a question that has already been answered.

I was responding to Gurdari, who suggested that, “perhaps a chit-chat with the one special creature he made in his image is not a priority?”

I explained that god did speak to humans (according to the bible) in ways that defy the laws of physics and science. Yet, he has not done so for a very long time. My question is “Why not?” I have read the Bible several times. There is no answer to the reason of why god would not communicate to us in some undeniable and spectacular way before the alleged return of Jesus commences. He certainly could do so if he so desired – and I’m not talking about his likeness in a cracker or some grilled cheese.

Now, instead of practically launching some ad hominems, why not answer the question? Why won't god talk through a burning bush again?

I didn't see that one answered anywhere.. feel free to give us chapter and verse, o rabbi

And Amanda, you're right, you need to stick to your little group of self-deluded hallucinators and pray that you all never sober up.

PS I bet that's not even your picture and your really fat and old

See how bitter not having at least a little religion has made this person ...

why? i find a good chunk of the self-professed religious types to be equally nasty and bitter.

True ... I was just making a non-point.

because I don't trust delusional liars?

Then you must have self trust issues. Where is your evidence that Christians are trying to take over this country and force everyone to be christians? You've been asked that question by two different people and have ignored it.

True biblical scholars explain the context and the times of the bible, and those aren't cop outs you're talking about, they're explanations based on true and intimate knowledge of history and literature.

I love it when ppl who have limited understanding of the bible scoff at those who have spent entire lifetimes studying it, saying they are either liars, stupid, or just don't understand the bible as well as the scoffers do.

Generally, scoffers fall into one of two groups: They have NEVER read the bible except sporadically, or they read it fast in a frenzy during their adolescence and they are basing all their bigotry now on what they derived then.

I'm guessing that they get it all off of some obscure internet web site somewhere, they're everywhere. There's no need for them to understand anything that way, they just continue to use propaganda and repeat things that they have no personal knowledge of, which is why I generally just ignore them. They're not worth the trouble or the time, and there is no explaining anything to them.

I was responding to Gurdari, who suggested that, “perhaps a chit-chat with the one special creature he made in his image is not a priority?”

I explained that god did speak to humans (according to the bible) in ways that defy the laws of physics and science. Yet, he has not done so for a very long time. My question is “Why not?” I have read the Bible several times. There is no answer to the reason of why god would not communicate to us in some undeniable and spectacular way before the alleged return of Jesus commences. He certainly could do so if he so desired – and I’m not talking about his likeness in a cracker or some grilled cheese.

Now, instead of practically launching some ad hominems, why not answer the question? Why won't god talk through a burning bush again?

The Bible tells us exactly when God will speak to us and how. As to "why" that's not for us to question, except that it's part of His plan, which is also explained in the Bible. We are humans and as such cannot discern the mind of God or understand the whole picture. That's in the Bible, too.

If you have so many questions, perhaps you should return to the book with a concordance and give it another go, since so much has escaped you.

The Bible tells us exactly when God will speak to us and how. As to "why" that's not for us to question, except that it's part of His plan, which is also explained in the Bible. We are humans and as such cannot discern the mind of God or understand the whole picture. That's in the Bible, too.

If you have so many questions, perhaps you should return to the book with a concordance and give it another go, since so much has escaped you.

Really? Then when will he speak to us - and how? I will mark it on my calendar? Here are some failed predictions:

Failed end of the world predictions from 30 to 2000 CE

Why can we not question him (assuming that he exists)? If he loves us, then surely he would care enough to answer our questions. I think that even the Bible says that if you seek then you will find (or is that another contradiction/inconsistency). By the way, I have some waterfront property in Arizona that I'll sell to you for $5 an acre. Trust me.

No. Nothing in the Bible has escaped me.

I didn't see that one answered anywhere.. feel free to give us chapter and verse, o rabbi

The word tells us that miracles would cease, and when they start up again it's a sign of end time.

We are humans and as such cannot discern the mind of God or understand the whole picture. That's in the Bible, too.

So... we really shouldn't trust a book written by people who cannot really understand the subject matter... and every reference to what God wants us to do, or what he meant when he said such and such should be taken with a pillar of salt.

I asked, if god exists, why doesn't he just hold a press conference on the White House lawn?

Matts, in that case he was addressing one person, so small scale makes sense. Also, his existence was already known I thought (I assume the Jews in Egypt worshipped him?) and of course, back then - as right now - if God wanted to address the world, he would not need human cameras and microphones and a satellite link up to do it... based on everything I have ever heard from people who claim to be 'in the know' regarding a universe-creating, omnipotent supreme being.

We are humans and as such cannot discern the mind of God or understand the whole picture. That's in the Bible, too.

So... we really shouldn't trust a book written by people who cannot really understand the subject matter... and every reference to what God wants us to do, or what he meant when he said such and such should be taken with a pillar of salt.

Nope. You really should read it if you're that committed to pointing out the alleged errors.

Fair enough. Do you think that you received a personal revelation? Are you certain that it is not wishful thinking or a bizarre dream? Oh well. Personal revelation can’t be logically proven or disproven.

I have faith. I have faith that this chair that I sit in will not break. The proof that I have for this faith is that I “see” that the nails are long thick and strong. I “feel” no bending of the wooden legs as I carefully sit down. I “hear” no creaking while I shift my weight on it.

I had a personal revelation of that bizarre giraffe one day. Just kidding.

But we can test your faith, by putting something on the chair equal to your weight and observing it not breaking.

We can't do anything like that for God.

:doubt: That is an interesting point but don’t some people test their faith in front of others? In some Christian religions, people handle poisonous snakes. Some of those snake-handlers get bitten. In other Christian religions, some sick people refuse to receive blood transfusions. Some of those sick people die of easily treatable illnesses.

Give me an example of someone who has died from an "easily treatable disease" where it's guaranteed they would have lived if they had opted for treatment.

Because I can't think of. The only examples used here have been of ppl who quite probably would have died anyway.

Nope. You really should read it if you're that committed to pointing out the alleged errors.

Hey! YOU said we cannot discern the mind of God, or understand the whole picture - I was referring to that comment, and how it relates directly to how much trust we should put in an authoritative text written byHumans about God.

Would my reading more of the bible change what you said?

You believe that people 'got it right' throughout the bible and that the messaging is intact from how it was meant, etc. free of biases and agendas and is actually the inspired word of God, no?

But we can test your faith, by putting something on the chair equal to your weight and observing it not breaking.

:doubt: That is an interesting point but don’t some people test their faith in front of others? In some Christian religions, people handle poisonous snakes. Some of those snake-handlers get bitten. In other Christian religions, some sick people refuse to receive blood transfusions. Some of those sick people die of easily treatable illnesses.

Give me an example of someone who has died from an "easily treatable disease" where it's guaranteed they would have lived if they had opted for treatment.

Because I can't think of. The only examples used here have been of ppl who quite probably would have died anyway.

FOXNews.com - Teen From Faith-Healing Family Refuses Treatment, Dies - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News

And here's a list although not all were guaranteed to work if they had asked for medical treatment.
What's the harm in believing in faith healing?

In answer to your challenge:

Faith-healing parents charged in child's death - Kids and parenting- msnbc.com

OREGON CITY, Ore. - A couple whose church preaches against medical care are facing criminal charges after their young daughter died of an infection that authorities said went untreated.

Carl and Raylene Worthington were indicted Friday on charges of manslaughter and criminal mistreatment in the death of their 15-month-old daughter Ava. They belong to the Followers of Christ Church, whose members have a history of treating gravely ill children only with prayer.

Ava died March 2 of bronchial pneumonia and a blood infection. The state medical examiner’s office has said she could have been treated with antibiotics.

Parents In Faith Healing Death Arrested - Portland News Story - KPTV Portland

Neal Beagley, 16, died because of bladder complications nearly four months ago. Authorities said his parents belong to the Followers of Christ Church, a religion relying on prayer in place of medical care.

After Beagley died, a medical examiner ruled his death could have been prevented had his family taken him to a doctor.

if they weren't mentally ill, they'd have been fit parents and taken their children the hospital to receive proper medical care. People with such delusions should have their kids taken by CPS

The reason why god does not hold a press conference on the White house lawn is because their is no god.

If there was, then why all the secrecies and the message sent through "Middle men" that do not fully understand what God is themselves!!

Remember, this GOD person or thing suppose to have created the World in 7 days
Healed the sick and raise the Dead
Rained food from the skies
Destroyed two towns in a towering inferno!
Smited Kings and Emperors
Yet, does not make any world wide calls for communion with him!!

Also remember the strange logic of giving humans free will to believe and do what they can with the limited abilities granted to them, yet turn around and make the demand that we must seek this god person out in order to be saved from torment.

That is a load of bunk. If this god person wanted each individual to know him, he could have PROGRAMMED the information into us before we were cut from the womb!!

But here, we hear the Religious come in and tell us--we must obey this book and follow this law--all the while there are several "Holy books" that say different things and a Plethora of laws that suppose to make one "spiritually free".

Now how does one come to this conclusion that GOD is Make believe--a religious person would say? Well there are lots of ways, but my favorite is to make the case that an all knowing and powerful god is vastly more intelligent and compassionate than the average man, and then show arguements from the religous that this is simply not the case.

For instance, let assume that a man is ignorant or "does not believe" in this god person. Why would the god person make this individual suffer for an eternalty?

Let say you have a son or daughter that was ignorant of your existance, did not believe that you were their parent, and believed that someone else was their actually parent instead. Would you hate the child? Let us not forget tha you did help create this child. But because of their ignorance of you, you want them to suffer, right?

You do not?? Then you are more compasionate than the Almighty one. Thus the logical flaw in a religious arguement!!

If you go and compare the definition of God with the actions of a diety in the Holy books, you would witness lots of nonsensical events and deeds presented to people by this god-being. In fact, this is usually the results of people that are not used to telling fantastical lies. It becomes obvious that the religious made it all up!!

So when is your belief going to sit on top of the world and set the skies ablaze? I say never, but many of you are saying it is anyday now. People were saying that since the Bible became the Book of the Holy Roman Empire.

Keep believing.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back