Zone1 If Eating was a religion - as it now often is - what would you be?

If Eating was a religion - as it now often is - what would you be?

• vegan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • vegetarian

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I said she has the freedom to not eat animals, and I have the freedom TO eat animals. She doesn't have the freedom to tell me this is wrong. Because it's not.
She absolutely DOES.

She knows better. You preach out of ignorance. "We" absolutely DO have the "freedom" to tell you something is wrong.

If you don't think so, ASK ANY MODERATOR

Godless "christians" don't warn people that God says there will be a RECKONING for the taking mg of any animal life (as well as human).

Why aren't these FALSE PREACHERS giving you the FULL BIBLICAL TRUTH? because the Spirit of God is not in them! They preach the message of another god -- the god of this world.

First of all, and to provide a little background, let us consider the first instances of meat eating in scripture. Whilst Genesis 1 is clear that eating without recourse to killing was the “very good” Edenic ideal, a radical departure takes place in the post-fall world of Genesis 9. As a concession to human sin, God grants a temporary permission for Noah and his family to eat animals: “Every moving thing that lives shall be food for you; and just as I gave you the green plants, I give you everything” (Gen 9:3).

Yet this verse is not an unbridled invitation for humans to kill and eat as many creatures as they please. Contrasting with Genesis 1, the permission to eat meat notably omits the observation that God saw that it was ‘good’. In fact the concession of Genesis 9 is rather presented as a lamentation: “The fear and dread of you shall rest on every animal of the earth, and on every bird of the air, on everything that creeps on the ground, and on all the fish of the sea”. God qualifies the permission to slaughter animals for food with a stern caution: “For your own lifeblood, I will surely require a reckoning: from every animal I will require it and from human beings, each one for the blood of another” (Gen 9:5).

Whilst permission is given to eat flesh in principle (although detailed and strict regulations were established around the consuming of flesh), surely even the most impassioned BBQ lover may begin to shift uncomfortably at the thought of God demanding a “reckoning” for every animal life taken!

Oh dear. Context! From Genesis 9, verses 3-7:

Everything that lives and moves about will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything.

4 “But you must not eat meat that has its lifeblood still in it. 5 And for your lifeblood I will surely demand an accounting. I will demand an accounting from every animal. And from each human being, too, I will demand an accounting for the life of another human being.

6 “Whoever sheds human blood,
by humans shall their blood be shed;
for in the image of God
has God made mankind.
7 As for you, be fruitful and increase in number; multiply on the earth and increase upon it.”

Again:

For your own lifeblood, I will surely require a reckoning: from every animal I will require it and from human beings, each one for the blood of another

She absolutely DOES.

She knows better. You preach out of ignorance. "We" absolutely DO have the "freedom" to tell you something is wrong.

If you don't think so, ASK ANY MODERATOR

Sure you can tell me on this board. You shouldn't be telling me that as a fellow Christian. It's directly in the Bible. But I know well, Ann Arbor, that you really, REALLY love being self-righteous.

Again:

For your own lifeblood, I will surely require a reckoning: from every animal I will require it and from human beings, each one for the blood of another

God JUST said we can eat animals. This is about something different: "lifeblood"--this is teaching us that the blood is holy.

Wow, how you have badly twisted this.

You don't like it. Fine, you have the freedom in Christ not to eat meat, or meat by-products.

You do not have the freedom to call down the faith of the rest of us for not subscribing to your beliefs on it.

Period. Full stop.
The people who are regarded as moral luminaries are those that forego ordinary pleasures themselves and find compensation in interfering with the pleasure of others.

Bertrand Russell

Why aren't these FALSE PREACHERS giving you the FULL BIBLICAL TRUTH?

Then God said, “Let us make life in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”

^ as yourself ... the 4th century c-bible, forgeries and falacies - the false religion.

Then God said, “Let us make life in our image, in our likeness, the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky the livestock and all the wild animals, and all the creatures that move along the ground.”

what jesus taught - and those that died with him. the heavenly 1st century.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back