If Brown wins in Mass, the GOP will need to act

Brown will bring some sanity to the GOP, I think, if he wins. If he wins, the Dems will either have to give up, try to get a pet Republican or three on board, or ram a very liberal public option bill through with 51+ votes. Dems won't give up, so it will be either 2 or 3.

It isn't the Republicans who need a good dose of sanity right now.. I think the Dems will pick up the ramrod.. and every clear thinking American will make a big black check mark on their list of insane move made by the demons..:eusa_whistle:

It's the best case scenario for Democrats. Holding up Brown's seat will not be a good option. Republicans do that kind of thing, Franken ring any bells.

It's amazing how many votes Democrats can "find" when they come up short, isn't it? :rolleyes:
It takes time to do it though. If memory serves, it was Coleman who finished ahead before all the court challenges and "found ballots".

It's even funnier when Republicans try to tell Democrats what they should be doing. They haven't come up with ideas or solutions for anything since Newt left. :cuckoo:

Sarah, you might actually want to do some research before you type next time to save you some embarrassment....

You might want to kiss my ass.

thread is worthless without pictures.

When has the GOP or any Republican commentator ever told the Dums what to do? It is hilarious watching people express the idea that a) the problems with the Democrats come from the Republicans, and b) the Dums are failing because they weren't radical enough.

I hope the Dums in office continue to cleave to these two fictions. It will make beating their butts in Nov that much easier.

The GOP will have to stop stone walling and actually come up with a health care reform bill with the Democrats, if Brown wins. I would like to see that happen. The Dem acting unilaterally is not the way Bills should be written. Let's see if the GOP will actually come up with something.

The claim of the GOP stonewalling is basically what is called a false argument/claim. I'm not attacking you personally JimH52 as you may not have heard the media ever report on the republican health care plans...but have no fear Pilgrim is here for you ;)

The GOP had a plan its just that the DNC treats it the same way the GOP treats their plan.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/healt...nce-republican-health-care-plans-exposed.html

The Grand ole Party has become the Lame ole Party (of no).

Are you even old enough to be posting here? Lame ole Party? what's next, will you call Brown a poopyhead?

GOP is supposed to say no, that's how you prevent budget busting spending bills. When it said yes to medicare drug, no child left behind, DHS, and other spending atrocities, we got stuck with a huge debt.

Also, first bill barely passed the house 220-215,and there are lots of scared Dems now, even if Coakley squeaks by.

The Grand ole Party has become the Lame ole Party (of no).
Were I a Repug I would embrace that "party of no" label. No No No. Stop.

No...

• Higher taxes
  • New taxes, hidden or not
  • Wasteful spending
  • Government intrusion
  • sweetheart backroom deals

NO!

But, of course the GOP won't have the good sense to adopt that slogan, "party of no" and run with it. They're far too scroatless for that.

Just this one time I wish Obama would act like bush and say fuck the other party, I am doing what I want to do.

Obama, toughen up and please stop saying the words bi partisan. Fuck that. The moment they said waterloo, you should have NEVER said Bi partisan.

When has Obama ever said "bipartisan" outside of a campaign appearance? He has never been bipartisan. Even as senator he would not work with Republicans. It is a canard.
The Dums have had control of Congress for 3 years and a veto proof majority plus the white house for one. In that time they have managed to pass a really crappy "stimulus" bill that has prolonged this recession. They have failed at every other piece of legislation they tried.
It is hilarious to see Dums trying to blame Republicans. People are smarter than that.

No, Brown's victory will embolden the GOP. But I suspect that the Dums will go back and make a "bipartisan" bill by picking off the weak hands like Snowe with some bone or other.

There have been so many times he said that word after the election results. There are so many things he did to actually try to be bi Partisan.

He should toughen up, be like bush this one time and get everything passed the same way bush did. Stop trying to go the high road. Screw that.

As far as Brown winning, you have no idea how good this will be for us.

We will get the health bill passed and get rid of liebermann. Woohoo....go brown.

Just this one time I wish Obama would act like bush and say fuck the other party, I am doing what I want to do.

Obama, toughen up and please stop saying the words bi partisan. Fuck that. The moment they said waterloo, you should have NEVER said Bi partisan.

When has Obama ever said "bipartisan" outside of a campaign appearance? He has never been bipartisan. Even as senator he would not work with Republicans. It is a canard.
The Dums have had control of Congress for 3 years and a veto proof majority plus the white house for one. In that time they have managed to pass a really crappy "stimulus" bill that has prolonged this recession. They have failed at every other piece of legislation they tried.
It is hilarious to see Dums trying to blame Republicans. People are smarter than that.

No, Brown's victory will embolden the GOP. But I suspect that the Dums will go back and make a "bipartisan" bill by picking off the weak hands like Snowe with some bone or other.

There have been so many times he said that word after the election results. There are so many things he did to actually try to be bi Partisan.

He should toughen up, be like bush this one time and get everything passed the same way bush did. Stop trying to go the high road. Screw that.

We will get the health bill passed and get rid of liebermann. Woohoo....go brown.

Obama has a better chance of being bisexual than being bipartisan.

When he was a senator George Bush offered to work with him to craft a health care reform bill and Obama flat refused.

.bush mever had a supermajority to ram ANY law passed under his administration through the congress like Obama can, this simple fact makes your claim erronious.

However I do find humor in you wanting obama to be more like bush :lol:

OH and BTW....nice false claims on the republicans not having health care plans http://www.usmessageboard.com/healt...nce-republican-health-care-plans-exposed.html

Our health care plans were never serious. If President Bush had been willing to ignore some insurance industry lobbying, he could have lured several conservative Democrats for a bill that would have covered almost everybody, which would have driven to costs and improved access. But that did not happen. I fully expect, whether Brown is elected or not, that such a bill will go through with some pet GOP support in the Senate. (That will infuriate the very liberal Dems in the House, who will have to suffer a very watered-down bill)

actually come up with a health care reform bill with the Democrats, if Brown wins.

They have tried. The dems have rejected ANYTHING short of their utopian dream of eventually taking over the healthcare system.. MAybe we could start getting real and not trashing HSA's, tort reform, etc.

I'll settle for just ONE.

It's the best case scenario for Democrats. Holding up Brown's seat will not be a good option. Republicans do that kind of thing, Franken ring any bells.

Franken didn't win.

We hold up Brown's seat one day longer than Frankins...get the bill passed and get rid of Liebermann.

Go dems!

It is not Brown's seat, it is not Frankins seat, they are the people of that state's seats. Being honest and serious for one second, Zona.... do you honestly think that holding up the seating of a legitimate, elected Senator for political gain is an appropriate way for any legitimate government to act?

Last edited:
Normally this type of towering, epic defeat would leave a mark. But they'll just call Coakley incompetent and move on their merry way. Easier to blame others than own up to what really happened.

Forum List

Back