Why Liberals Should Love The Second Amendment

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
I was on the website I get my news from and this article popped up from the Daily Kos. (YES, The Daily Kos). I agree with the reasoning and did before the article. (NOTE: THIS ARTICLE IS FROM APRIL 2008)

Daily Kos: State of the Nation

Liberals love the Constitution.

Ask anyone on the street. They'll tell you the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) is a liberal organization.

I know liberal couples who give each other pocket size copies of the Constitution for Christmas.

Ask liberals to list their top five complaints about the Bush Administration, and they will invariably say the words "shredding" and "Constitution" in the same sentence. They might also add "Fourth Amendment" and "due process." It's possible they'll talk about "free speech zones" and "habeus corpus."

There's a good chance they will mention, probably in combination with several FCC-prohibited adjectives, the former Attorney General Alberto Gonzales.

So.

Liberals love the Constitution. They especially love the Bill of Rights. They love all the Amendments.

Except for one: the Second Amendment.

No. 1: The Bill of Rights protects individual rights.

If you've read the Bill of Rights -- and who among us hasn't? -- you will notice a phrase that appears in nearly all of them: "the people."

No. 2: We oppose restrictions to our civil liberties.

No. 3: It's not 1776 anymore.

No. 4: It's not like you can use it anyway.

No. 5: The Second Amendment is about revolution.

One of the biggest and few problems I do have with the article however is the author lumping all Liberals into one big group who all hold the same belief about guns. Under this author's definition, I would not be a Liberal.

Thoughts?

I have a slight feeling that people on neither side do not want to address this because it's from the Kos. :eusa_think: :lol:

It should prove interesting in the future where gun rights go after Heller to say the least.

Just think how would you like to be in Haiti right now with no 2nd Amendment. Nuff said.

I was on the website I get my news from and this article popped up from the Daily Kos. (YES, The Daily Kos). I agree with the reasoning and did before the article. (NOTE: THIS ARTICLE IS FROM APRIL 2008)

Daily Kos: State of the Nation

Liberals love the Constitution.

Ask anyone on the street. They'll tell you the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) is a liberal organization.

I know liberal couples who give each other pocket size copies of the Constitution for Christmas.

Ask liberals to list their top five complaints about the Bush Administration, and they will invariably say the words "shredding" and "Constitution" in the same sentence. They might also add "Fourth Amendment" and "due process." It's possible they'll talk about "free speech zones" and "habeus corpus."

There's a good chance they will mention, probably in combination with several FCC-prohibited adjectives, the former Attorney General Alberto Gonzales.

So.

Liberals love the Constitution. They especially love the Bill of Rights. They love all the Amendments.

Except for one: the Second Amendment.

No. 1: The Bill of Rights protects individual rights.

If you've read the Bill of Rights -- and who among us hasn't? -- you will notice a phrase that appears in nearly all of them: "the people."

No. 4: It's not like you can use it anyway.

No. 5: The Second Amendment is about revolution.

One of the biggest and few problems I do have with the article however is the author lumping all Liberals into one big group who all hold the same belief about guns. Under this author's definition, I would not be a Liberal.

Thoughts?

I am a Liberal and I love having the right to own a gun...more than one gun as a matter of fact. And I earned my "baby killer" Expert medals in both pistol and rifle while in the Navy....so I know how to use them.

Forum List

Back