If Brown wins in Mass, the GOP will need to act

I hope the dems lose in Ma. Maybe this will be the thing to get them really going on this. Oh and how long did they hold up Frankens seat? hint hint.

I hope people like zona and jim52 keep their ideals and ideas out in front for the nation can see what a bunch of losers the Democrat party has become.

I think you misunderstand, Baruch. The bill almost did not pass because it was not liberal enough for the House. We are going to be very foolish if we think the Dems are going to get on the ground and offer their throats. The centrist middle demonstrated very clearly in 2008 that it does not want the old neo-con/corporationist policies of our past. They want vigorous, bold conservatism. They want smaller government, smaller civil service, less taxes, the right to own and bear arms, less intrusion into the lives of citizens, and the government's protection against business that would victimize workers and the economy and the country. They want a TR type of Republican and his type of republicanism. So do I! Bully!

The GOP will have to stop stone walling and actually come up with a health care reform bill with the Democrats, if Brown wins. .

They did best in the 90s when they didn't come up with a plan to counter Hillarycare, and instead balanced the budget and told Bill to take his spending bills and shove 'em up his ass. Then Bush came in, they got wobbly, passed medicare drug, and lost.

No plan is far better than another budget buster.

I think, will result in the Dems pulling the "nuclear" option in the Senate.

I think it won't. Never mind Mass, just about every Dem that's up this year, including Barbara Boxer and Beau Biden, is in serious trouble. The fallout from the nuclear option will be Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell.

The GOP is going to have to come up with some sensible plans of their own. They just can't say "no." I truly believe the Dems will carve the Republican candidates up if they can't offer something better.

No they won't and they don't. The Democrats took over Congress in 2006 by not being Bush or the Republicans. They didn't have any new or innovative ideas at all. If things continue as they are today, the Republicans will sweep the elections this year simply by not being Democrats.

That's not to say that they shouldn't come up with some sensible plans and ideas. They absolutely should, not just because it would probably help them have even bigger wins in November, but they should have good plans that are good for nation. But they don't have to in order to see large gains this year in Congress.

I think it won't. Never mind Mass, just about every Dem that's up this year, including Barbara Boxer and Beau Biden, is in serious trouble.

Beau Biden is not a sitting U.S. Senator and at this point not even a candidate for the seat. I would not consider Barbara Boxer to be in "serious trouble," but she could be defeated in the right environment.

The fallout from the nuclear option will be Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell.

I certainly hope not. McConnell is a weak and incompetent leader. He wouldn't be much of a step up from Harry Reid.

The GOP will have to stop stone walling and actually come up with a health care reform bill with the Democrats, if Brown wins. I would like to see that happen. The Dem acting unilaterally is not the way Bills should be written. Let's see if the GOP will actually come up with something.

No they won't. They'll just have a little bit more power to break their already amazing record of the most filibusters ever in history.

They can carry on being the party of no. Obstructionists with no ideas on anything except how to double and triple our deficit as they do when they have the majority in the Senate and the Presidency.

Check the Reagan years and the W Bush years.

Last edited:
Just this one time I wish Obama would act like bush and say fuck the other party, I am doing what I want to do.

Obama, toughen up and please stop saying the words bi partisan. Fuck that. The moment they said waterloo, you should have NEVER said Bi partisan.

Just this one time I wish Obama would act like bush and say fuck the other party, I am doing what I want to do.

Obama, toughen up and please stop saying the words bi partisan. Fuck that. The moment they said waterloo, you should have NEVER said Bi partisan.

When has Obama ever said "bipartisan" outside of a campaign appearance? He has never been bipartisan. Even as senator he would not work with Republicans. It is a canard.
The Dums have had control of Congress for 3 years and a veto proof majority plus the white house for one. In that time they have managed to pass a really crappy "stimulus" bill that has prolonged this recession. They have failed at every other piece of legislation they tried.
It is hilarious to see Dums trying to blame Republicans. People are smarter than that.

No, Brown's victory will embolden the GOP. But I suspect that the Dums will go back and make a "bipartisan" bill by picking off the weak hands like Snowe with some bone or other.

:lol: Barry just gives lip service to bipartisan, he doesn't mean a word of it. He says it cause it soundzzzz good.

I just love when the lefties tell the Gop they have to act like this, do that, do this, blaa blaa blaa.:lol:

The people of this country have been asking the Progressive party lead by the Obama to stop with outlandish health care takeover, but have they listened, N0000000000000000000

It's even funnier when Republicans try to tell Democrats what they should be doing. They haven't come up with ideas or solutions for anything since Newt left. :cuckoo:

At no point has Obama ever been bipartisan. He has gone to the furthest extremes to shut Republicans out. And you think he should go further?

How on earth area you seeing the same exact nation and people that I am? Im dumbfounded. Your interpretation makes absolutely no sense when compared to the facts. But then you still want to force this health care crap on us despite the People not wanting it. So I guess I shouldnt be surprised.

It's even funnier when Republicans try to tell Democrats what they should be doing. They haven't come up with ideas or solutions for anything since Newt left. :cuckoo:

First, no matter how many times you repeat that mantra, it's not going to be true. Ask anyone here and we could provide a list of Republican ideas that would actually lower the cost of health care.

Second, your mantra also has a flawed assumption. You are assuming that government is the answer to any problems we have. In fact, it's quite the opposite. Government is generally the cause of the other problems we have.

When you stop using flawed assumptions, youll have an easier time acknowledging the truth.

The GOP will have to stop stone walling and actually come up with a health care reform bill with the Democrats, if Brown wins. I would like to see that happen. The Dem acting unilaterally is not the way Bills should be written. Let's see if the GOP will actually come up with something.

Seriously, do you think the Dems care one fuc^ing bit about what the Gop wants... Hell they wont even let them in their secret closed door meetings that by the way are supposed to be televised according to Obama...

In the last 3 years that the Dems have controlled the House and Senate name one important issue the Dems have worked with Repubs on...

I just love when the lefties tell the Gop they have to act like this, do that, do this, blaa blaa blaa.:lol:

The people of this country have been asking the Progressive party lead by the Obama to stop with outlandish health care takeover, but have they listened, N0000000000000000000

Sarah, you might actually want to do some research before you type next time to save you some embarrassment....

At any rate, if Brown wins today, the House will probably pass the senate bill. No need for the GOP to worry thier little heads about anything at this point.

They were hardly ready to act when it counted. The Grand ole Party has become the Lame ole Party (of no).

Sarah, you might actually want to do some research before you type next time to save you some embarrassment....

You might want to kiss my ass.

At any rate, if Brown wins today, the House will probably pass the senate bill. No need for the GOP to worry thier little heads about anything at this point.

They were hardly ready to act when it counted. The Grand ole Party has become the Lame ole Party (of no).

Why are you so confident when the President himself isnt?

I'd be surprised if they did. That "Cadillac plan" tax is still in there, isn't it? So is Nelson's Cornhusker deal. If they pass the Senate Bill as written, with Harry Reid's inept stink all over it, every Democrat in Congress is likely to meet his same fate.

Sometimes "no" is the right answer. And frankly, they're going to have a hard time making the case for "Republican obstructionism" should Brown win and they try to hold him up.

I'd be surprised if they did. That "Cadillac plan" tax is still in there, isn't it? So is Nelson's Cornhusker deal. If they pass the Senate Bill as written, with Harry Reid's inept stink all over it, every Democrat in Congress is likely to meet his same fate.

Sometimes "no" is the right answer. And frankly, they're going to have a hard time making the case for "Republican obstructionism" should Brown win and they try to hold him up.

It's the best case scenario for Democrats. Holding up Brown's seat will not be a good option. Republicans do that kind of thing, Franken ring any bells.

Forum List

Back