If Britain banned guns....why did gunshot trauma wounds double last year?

So the next time you tell us about the murder rates in other countries we can point you to this post, right?

I generally don't concern myself with foreign murder rates unless they relate to the subject being discussed.

So then I guess you know that our murder rate is virtually what it was in 1950 putting it at a 120 year low

I know there are 58 dead and hundreds injured, and those numbers wouldn't be nearly that high if the NRA didn't own our politicians, and if we got rid of high capacity magazines and bump stocks.

You do know that 7 times as many people are killed with knives every year than by rifles don't you?

twice as many people are killed by fists and feet than by rifles

1.8% of all murder is committed with rifles.

No matter how you slice it rifles are the least of our murder problems

So in your opinion, those 58 dead people and hundreds of injured people really aren't worth our concern? How many dead people are acceptable for you? Are any of your family members included in that list?

Unlike you I realize and have accepted the fact that human beings are the most violent and dangerous animals to have ever existed.

Which is one more reason people should have the right to protect themselves with the most effective means.

People kill people
People have always killed people
People will always kill people.

So I guess you can't see that the point being made is that gun laws do not lessen gun crime

You might want to look at that map again,
View attachment 152875

you know that the spiel is more gun laws, more gun control equals less crime less murder so when someone shows you evidence to the contrary you dismiss it because it's another country?

That's fine with me

So what do you say about our murder rate and it's 120 year low?

Are you trying to say murder rates are only effected by the number of guns on the street? I didn't think even you were that dumb.

Of course not I never said that.

That's the line you gun control freaks like to use

Then explain your 120 year remark. what was your point?

You mean the fact that the murder rate is at a 120 year low?

How do you explain it if you truly believe more gun laws equals less murder?

If you were right then our murder rate would be higher and increasing wouldn't it?

You might want to look at that map again,
View attachment 152875

you know that the spiel is more gun laws, more gun control equals less crime less murder so when someone shows you evidence to the contrary you dismiss it because it's another country?

That's fine with me

Are you trying to say murder rates are only effected by the number of guns on the street? I didn't think even you were that dumb.

If you were right then our murder rate would be higher and increasing wouldn't it?

See your post #223 in another thread
You said
I don't know. There are more variables than just guns and gun laws.
It would be an interesting study.

That's fine with me

See your post #223 in another thread
You said
I don't know. There are more variables than just guns and gun laws.
It would be an interesting study.

I thought it was pretty self explanatory if you followed the conversation between me and Slade.

Yes.......when you outlaw guns, only outlaws will have guns....and in Britain, they will speak with a British accent....

Top trauma surgeon reveals shocking extent of London’s gun crime

A leading trauma surgeon has told how the number of patients treated for gunshot injuries at a major London hospital has doubled in the last five years.

----

He said the hospital’s major trauma centre had seen a bigger rise in gunshot injuries compared to knife wounds and that the average age of victims was getting younger.

-----

Last year, gun crime offences in London increased for a third year running and by 42 per cent, from 1,793 offences in 2015/16 to 2,544 offences in 2016/17. Police have seized 635 guns off the streets so far this year.

Dr Griffiths, who also teaches medical students, said: “Our numbers of victims of gun injury have doubled [since 2012]. Gunshot injuries represent about 2.5 per cent of our penetrating trauma.

-----

Dr Griffiths said the average age of gun crime victims needing treatment at the hospital had decreased from 25 to the mid to late teens since 2012.

He added that medics at the Barts Health hospital’s major trauma centre in Whitechapel had seen a bigger rise in patients with gun injuries rather than knife wounds and that most were caused by pistols or shotguns.

Met Police commander Jim Stokley, who was also invited to speak at the meeting, said that handguns and shotguns were the weapons of choice and that 46 per cent of London’s gun crime discharges were gang-related.

He said: “We believe that a lot of it is associated with the drugs trade, and by that I mean people dealing drugs at street level and disagreements between different gangs.”

Because of right-wing assholes and stupid punks. This giant rise is something like 45 - 70. Your solution is absolute idiocy...

s0n.........the anger and misery in every post is very apparent. Appears you are hating on all of the losing. Oh.....have you checked any of the major polls recently regarding "Voter Concerns" from Gallup, Rasmussen or Pew? Know where gun control is???

THE VERY BOTTOM OF THE LIST ASSHOLE!!! :bye1::bye1::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Nobody cares about gun control except the hysterical of our society.............the snowflakes who cant hack real life. The uber ghey.:popcorn:

The stupid-punk idiots..................are winning!:spinner::spinner:

You do understand this is the United States, and not England, right? Are you confused about where you are?

Yep.....I understand completely....Britain, an island...banned and confiscated guns and the people let them...they believed it when assholes like you told them that banning and confiscating guns would mean less gun crime......now their gun crime rates are going up like crazy...and the shooters are getting younger and younger.....
Actually, Mr Lying Fuck, they banned handguns not all guns.

My God, is there anything you won't lie about?

An increasing illegal drug trade is a likely cause.

Yes.......when you outlaw guns, only outlaws will have guns....and in Britain, they will speak with a British accent....

A leading trauma surgeon has told how the number of patients treated for gunshot injuries at a major London hospital has doubled in the last five years.

----

He said the hospital’s major trauma centre had seen a bigger rise in gunshot injuries compared to knife wounds and that the average age of victims was getting younger.

-----

Last year, gun crime offences in London increased for a third year running and by 42 per cent, from 1,793 offences in 2015/16 to 2,544 offences in 2016/17. Police have seized 635 guns off the streets so far this year.

Dr Griffiths, who also teaches medical students, said: “Our numbers of victims of gun injury have doubled [since 2012]. Gunshot injuries represent about 2.5 per cent of our penetrating trauma.

-----

Dr Griffiths said the average age of gun crime victims needing treatment at the hospital had decreased from 25 to the mid to late teens since 2012.

He added that medics at the Barts Health hospital’s major trauma centre in Whitechapel had seen a bigger rise in patients with gun injuries rather than knife wounds and that most were caused by pistols or shotguns.

Met Police commander Jim Stokley, who was also invited to speak at the meeting, said that handguns and shotguns were the weapons of choice and that 46 per cent of London’s gun crime discharges were gang-related.

He said: “We believe that a lot of it is associated with the drugs trade, and by that I mean people dealing drugs at street level and disagreements between different gangs.”

Because of right-wing assholes and stupid punks. This giant rise is something like 45 - 70. Your solution is absolute idiocy...

s0n.........the anger and misery in every post is very apparent. Appears you are hating on all of the losing. Oh.....have you checked any of the major polls recently regarding "Voter Concerns" from Gallup, Rasmussen or Pew? Know where gun control is???

THE VERY BOTTOM OF THE LIST ASSHOLE!!! :bye1::bye1::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Nobody cares about gun control except the hysterical of our society.............the snowflakes who cant hack real life. The uber ghey.:popcorn:

The stupid-punk idiots..................are winning!:spinner::spinner:

A poll where right wingers like the idea of toting around guns to make them tough guys.

So then I guess you know that our murder rate is virtually what it was in 1950 putting it at a 120 year low
Yes , we would kill to have murder rates as low as you guys.
Second amendment victims. Killed by the NRA.
View attachment 152877

Our criminals shoot each other......your criminals are shooting your law abiding people......and our gun murder rate went down 49% as more of us own and carry guns........

You...

Culture of violence: Gun crime goes up by 89% in a decade | Daily Mail Online

The latest Government figures show that the total number of firearm offences in England and Wales has increased from 5,209 in 1998/99 to 9,865 last year - a rise of 89 per cent.

The number of people injured or killed by guns, excluding air weapons, has increased from 864 in 1998/99 to a provisional figure of 1,760 in 2008/09, an increase of 104 per cent .

========

Crime rise is biggest in a decade, ONS figures show

Ministers will also be concerned that the country is becoming increasingly violent in nature, with gun crime rising 23% to 6,375 offences, largely driven by an increase in the use of handguns.

=========

Gun crime in London increases by 42% - BBC News

Gun crime offences in London surged by 42% in the last year, according to official statistics.

----

-----

-----

Get back to me when your second amendment slaughter is similar to our murder rates. Clown.
View attachment 152881

Our gun murder rate is going down, yours is going up....you banned and confiscated guns.....and thought that would make you safer...it hasn't....10 years after banning them your gun crime rate went up 89% genius...and keeps going up......

It's hard to argue with results. Are you telling me that GB murder rate isn't better than ours? They are doing something right. We should do the same.
upload_2017-10-5_23-40-20-png.152881

Their gun crime is up 89% 10 years after the ban....their gun crime rate has been going up 23% since then...and in London gun crime was up 42%......their crime als are using guns.....their teenagers are now using guns...they just haven't committed murder ar increased rates....yet.....but their gun crime and the violence rate is going to increase that rate...and their people will be defenseless....

You do understand this is the United States, and not England, right? Are you confused about where you are?

Yep.....I understand completely....Britain, an island...banned and confiscated guns and the people let them...they believed it when assholes like you told them that banning and confiscating guns would mean less gun crime......now their gun crime rates are going up like crazy...and the shooters are getting younger and younger.....

Dumb shit...the increases are in handgun crime....I have posted this and you know it......you are the lying asshole. Yeah.....criminals defending their drug turf are using illegal guns.....thanks for making my point.

Dumb shit...the increases are in handgun crime....I have posted this and you know it......you are the lying asshole. Yeah.....criminals defending their drug turf are using illegal guns.....thanks for making my point.
That is not what your article said.

Here...I have posted this before......

Ministers will also be concerned that the country is becoming increasingly violent in nature, with gun crime rising 23% to 6,375 offences, largely driven by an increase in the use of handguns.

=========

Gun crime offences in London surged by 42% in the last year, according to official statistics.

----

-----

-----

Yes , we would kill to have murder rates as low as you guys.
Second amendment victims. Killed by the NRA.
View attachment 152877

Our criminals shoot each other......your criminals are shooting your law abiding people......and our gun murder rate went down 49% as more of us own and carry guns........

You...

The latest Government figures show that the total number of firearm offences in England and Wales has increased from 5,209 in 1998/99 to 9,865 last year - a rise of 89 per cent.

The number of people injured or killed by guns, excluding air weapons, has increased from 864 in 1998/99 to a provisional figure of 1,760 in 2008/09, an increase of 104 per cent .

========

=========

----

-----

-----

Get back to me when your second amendment slaughter is similar to our murder rates. Clown.
View attachment 152881

Our gun murder rate is going down, yours is going up....you banned and confiscated guns.....and thought that would make you safer...it hasn't....10 years after banning them your gun crime rate went up 89% genius...and keeps going up......

It's hard to argue with results. Are you telling me that GB murder rate isn't better than ours? They are doing something right. We should do the same.
upload_2017-10-5_23-40-20-png.152881

Their gun crime is up 89% 10 years after the ban....their gun crime rate has been going up 23% since then...and in London gun crime was up 42%......their crime als are using guns.....their teenagers are now using guns...they just haven't committed murder ar increased rates....yet.....but their gun crime and the violence rate is going to increase that rate...and their people will be defenseless....

I'm sure you think that is what will happen, but until then, it's just more crazy crap from a RWNJ gun nut.

----

-----

-----

Criminals prefer using guns in 'gun-free' areas because they know their law abiding victims can't shoot back.

Last edited:

=========

----

-----

-----

Hard to argue with results
Gun_Murders-01-UPDATED1.jpg

=========

----

-----

-----

Those aren't the results.......that isn't even a part of the whole story after Britain banned guns.....here is the truth, the facts and the reality.....

========

=========

----

-----

-----

=========

----

-----

-----

Those aren't the results.......that isn't even a part of the whole story after Britain banned guns.....here is the truth, the facts and the reality.....

========

=========

----

-----

-----

As soon as their numbers increase to six times their current rate, their problem will be comparable to ours. We are doing something terribly wrong. We should copy them as much as possible

=========

----

-----

-----

========

=========

----

-----

-----

As soon as their numbers increase to six times their current rate, their problem will be comparable to ours. We are doing something terribly wrong. We should copy them as much as possible

Their daily violence rates are more than ours...and their teenagers are not becoming the shooters.....they have nothing to stop their violent criminals...they are where we were in the early 1960s......and when they start committing murder, they won't be able to stop them....

=========

----

-----

-----

========

=========

----

-----

-----

Their daily violence rates are more than ours...and their teenagers are not becoming the shooters.....they have nothing to stop their violent criminals...they are where we were in the early 1960s......and when they start committing murder, they won't be able to stop them....

Come back when you have more than your imagination and gun nut rhetoric to back that up.

Forum List

Back