If Britain banned guns....why did gunshot trauma wounds double last year?

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Yes.......when you outlaw guns, only outlaws will have guns....and in Britain, they will speak with a British accent....

Top trauma surgeon reveals shocking extent of London’s gun crime

A leading trauma surgeon has told how the number of patients treated for gunshot injuries at a major London hospital has doubled in the last five years.

----

He said the hospital’s major trauma centre had seen a bigger rise in gunshot injuries compared to knife wounds and that the average age of victims was getting younger.

-----

Last year, gun crime offences in London increased for a third year running and by 42 per cent, from 1,793 offences in 2015/16 to 2,544 offences in 2016/17. Police have seized 635 guns off the streets so far this year.

Dr Griffiths, who also teaches medical students, said: “Our numbers of victims of gun injury have doubled [since 2012]. Gunshot injuries represent about 2.5 per cent of our penetrating trauma.

-----

Dr Griffiths said the average age of gun crime victims needing treatment at the hospital had decreased from 25 to the mid to late teens since 2012.

He added that medics at the Barts Health hospital’s major trauma centre in Whitechapel had seen a bigger rise in patients with gun injuries rather than knife wounds and that most were caused by pistols or shotguns.

Met Police commander Jim Stokley, who was also invited to speak at the meeting, said that handguns and shotguns were the weapons of choice and that 46 per cent of London’s gun crime discharges were gang-related.

He said: “We believe that a lot of it is associated with the drugs trade, and by that I mean people dealing drugs at street level and disagreements between different gangs.”

You do understand this is the United States, and not England, right? Are you confused about where you are?

Depending upon borough between 30-35% of the people living in London were born abroad. Indigenous English only represent 40% of the London population. Most coming from underdeveloped nations (India, Pakistan, Nigeria).
Anytime you invite that many people into your culture from nations and cultures which do not share, let alone understand your value systems then you are in for big trouble.

London Borough Profiles

You do understand this is the United States, and not England, right? Are you confused about where you are?

Yep.....I understand completely....Britain, an island...banned and confiscated guns and the people let them...they believed it when assholes like you told them that banning and confiscating guns would mean less gun crime......now their gun crime rates are going up like crazy...and the shooters are getting younger and younger.....

Yes.......when you outlaw guns, only outlaws will have guns....and in Britain, they will speak with a British accent....

A leading trauma surgeon has told how the number of patients treated for gunshot injuries at a major London hospital has doubled in the last five years.

----

He said the hospital’s major trauma centre had seen a bigger rise in gunshot injuries compared to knife wounds and that the average age of victims was getting younger.

-----

Last year, gun crime offences in London increased for a third year running and by 42 per cent, from 1,793 offences in 2015/16 to 2,544 offences in 2016/17. Police have seized 635 guns off the streets so far this year.

Dr Griffiths, who also teaches medical students, said: “Our numbers of victims of gun injury have doubled [since 2012]. Gunshot injuries represent about 2.5 per cent of our penetrating trauma.

-----

Dr Griffiths said the average age of gun crime victims needing treatment at the hospital had decreased from 25 to the mid to late teens since 2012.

He added that medics at the Barts Health hospital’s major trauma centre in Whitechapel had seen a bigger rise in patients with gun injuries rather than knife wounds and that most were caused by pistols or shotguns.

Met Police commander Jim Stokley, who was also invited to speak at the meeting, said that handguns and shotguns were the weapons of choice and that 46 per cent of London’s gun crime discharges were gang-related.

He said: “We believe that a lot of it is associated with the drugs trade, and by that I mean people dealing drugs at street level and disagreements between different gangs.”

Probabaly because, as you point out every other day, the number of guns in Britain is increasing

----

-----

-----

Probabaly because, as you point out every other day, the number of guns in Britain is increasing

No....because we have seen here that increasing gun ownership for law abiding people lowers the gun murder rate, the gun crime rate and the violent crime rate...and we increased gun ownership...a lot.....and even more Americans are carrying guns for self defense...and the gun crime rate is plummeting....

The British went the other way...they took guns away from the normal, law abiding people, thinking that would lower the gun crime rate......their criminals...just keep getting the guns they want and need......

We went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400-600 million guns in private hands and over 16.3 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2017...guess what happened...
-- gun murder down 49%
--gun crime down 75%
--violent crime down 72%

Gun Homicide Rate Down 49% Since 1993 Peak; Public Unaware

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.

So the next time you tell us about the murder rates in other countries we can point you to this post, right?

----

-----

-----

Because of right-wing assholes and stupid punks. This giant rise is something like 45 - 70. Your solution is absolute idiocy...

----

-----

-----

Because of right-wing assholes and stupid punks. This giant rise is something like 45 - 70. Your solution is absolute idiocy...
The crime rate increase is caused by right-wing inequality and hopelessness. British Tories are second only to your crap GOP 4 worst party in the modern world...

Yep.....I understand completely....Britain, an island...banned and confiscated guns and the people let them...they believed it when assholes like you told them that banning and confiscating guns would mean less gun crime......now their gun crime rates are going up like crazy...and the shooters are getting younger and younger.....

Exactly what does that have to do with our laws? It's a different country. You're trying a little too hard goober.

Exactly what does that have to do with our laws? It's a different country. You're trying a little too hard goober.
So I guess you can't see that the point being made is that gun laws do not lessen gun crime

So the next time you tell us about the murder rates in other countries we can point you to this post, right?

I generally don't concern myself with foreign murder rates unless they relate to the subject being discussed.

I generally don't concern myself with foreign murder rates unless they relate to the subject being discussed.

So then I guess you know that our murder rate is virtually what it was in 1950 putting it at a 120 year low

So I guess you can't see that the point being made is that gun laws do not lessen gun crime

You might want to look at that map again,
upload_2017-10-5_17-24-43.png

View attachment 152875

Yeah....I know where Britain is.......

You might want to stop taking the "Stupid" pills..they aren't helping you.

Britain banned guns....their gun crime rate went up 89% in 10 years, and went up another 23% last year, with a 42% increase in London, their capitol city, all by itself...

We own and carry more guns...and our gun murder rate went down 49%....our gun crime rate went down 75%...our violent crime rate went down 72%...

You asshats want to do what Britain did.....you are morons.

So then I guess you know that our murder rate is virtually what it was in 1950 putting it at a 120 year low

I know there are 58 dead and hundreds injured, and those numbers wouldn't be nearly that high if the NRA didn't own our politicians, and if we got rid of high capacity magazines and bump stocks.

----

-----

-----

:eusa_shhh:

View attachment 152875

you know that the spiel is more gun laws, more gun control equals less crime less murder so when someone shows you evidence to the contrary you dismiss it because it's another country?

That's fine with me

So what do you say about our murder rate and it's 120 year low?

All 2aguy threads should be merged. At least the dozens per week about gun crime in Britain.

yes...there is a lot of gun crime in Britain...an island that banned and confiscated guns to keep their people safe from gun crime....

in the 10 years after the ban, gun crime went up 89%.....went up 23% last year.....and the shooters are getting younger .....

Forum List

Back