if all insects on Earth disappeared

Spiderman

Oct 2, 2013
Jonas Salk once said

“if all insects on Earth disappeared, within 50 years all life on
Earth would end. If all human beings disappeared from the Earth,
within 50 years all forms of life would flourish.”

What does that say about the human race, in your opinion?

^^^ To me if the human race was going to be such a problem, we never would have been created in the first place.

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

P.S. Also, what do most insects actually bring to our picture anyways? Earlier this year, I was eaten alive by bedbugs, so I wouldn't miss them if they were to disappear!

Jonas Salk once said

If I were a bug, I'd feel happy.

If I were a typical human, I'd buy more cans of RAID.

But the only problem is, I love butterflies. Their beauty keeps me from buying any bug fixes, and feeding the birds with feeders full of stuff birdies love, I have natural protection from mosquitoes, etc., due to their voluntary compliance with the steady meal deal on my farm for them all.

Monarch butterfly on milkweed plant​
monarchmilkweed.jpeg.size.xxlarge.letterbox.jpeg
Butterfly egg on milkweed leaf x1000(guestimate)​
K08SEM-monach-egg012b.jpg

^^^ To me if the human race was going to be such a problem, we never would have been created in the first place.

Holly

P.S. Also, what do most insects actually bring to our picture anyways? Earlier this year, I was eaten alive by bedbugs, so I wouldn't miss them if they were to disappear!

If insects disappeared so would people.

So be careful what you wish for

Jonas Salk once said

This assumes that I agree with the premise.

Jonas Salk once said

John Salk famous respected biologist,

Your credentials are?

Holly

If insects disappeared so would people.

So be careful what you wish for
I never said that I wish that they would disappear. I just said that I wouldn't miss certain ones if they did disappear because of what they do to a person.

God bless you always!!! :) :) :) :)

Holly

Insects are ok. I don't mind them. There are some insects that we absolutely need to have. For instance if it were not for bees, we wouldn't have honey.

Its true that we need insects.
They don't need us.

We're wiping them out. Whether its needless and useless spraying of our homes, letting Monsanto weaken our natural system or killing off bees, little by little, we're killing ourselves by killing them.

Jonas Salk once said

There is nothing to disagree with. Without them life cannot continue. It's nature.

If we expanded our frame of reference so that the earth was but a single cell in a larger organism as biologists how would we classify human beings within that cell?

Would we say they are necessary for the cell's survival? Are they beneficial in some way in a symbiotic relationship?

Are they harmful?

Easy....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Na9-jV_OJI]agent smith : humans are a virus - YouTube[/ame]

Holly

We weren't created.

Forum List

Back