If a "rich girl" gets pregnant

chanel

Silver Member
Jun 8, 2009
People's Republic of NJ
does she qualify for all the freebies that the poor girls get? I realize welfare benefits vary from state to state, but I imagine the rules are similar. Would someone like Bristol Palin qualify for rental assistance, food stamps, WIC, etc...?

And if so - should they take advantage of these "entitlements"?

Your thoughts...

does she qualify for all the freebies that the poor girls get? I realize welfare benefits vary from state to state, but I imagine the rules are similar. Would someone like Bristol Palin qualify for rental assistance, food stamps, WIC, etc...?

Your thoughts...

Those matters are determined by household income, do there are many factors. Though I don't think the mother should be allowed to keep the child if they require such assistance.

Rental assistance and food stamps are based on your income and household size. WIC is available to every child until the age of 5 I believe and any pregnant mother.

KK, you make some of the most ignorant statements. What do you propose happen to the hundreds of thousands of children whose mothers receive some type of assistance?

Rental assistance and food stamps are based on your income and household size. WIC is available to every child until the age of 5 I believe and any pregnant mother.

KK, you make some of the most ignorant statements. What do you propose happen to the hundreds of thousands of children whose mothers receive some type of assistance?

Why are you trolling, go back and read my post, I said many factors, though I typoed and accidentally said "do" instead of "though" as we were talking in general and I didn't care to mention each specific one and it's requirements and paperwork ... so your accusation is unwarranted, ignorant, and lame.

As for the second part ... those children cost us a fortune, people need to start being allowed adoption and many of those looking for adoption need to stop being so particular. Most in our state wind up in foster care anyway, and the mother remains homeless still using the system by getting pregnant soon after the last one is taken away.

Though I don't think the mother should be allowed to keep the child if they require such assistance.

:disbelief:

Do you like paying for the 14 children one of our local junkies has? Because you do, they are in foster care and she got pregnant only to get the money to buy more drugs, she even admitted as much. The only reason she hasn't had more is because she can't now, sterile, thank the gods.

But is it based on the parent's income or the teenager's (who has none)? Could the parents theoretically collect rental assistance to pay their mortgage? Would the single mom be entitled to cash assistance in addition to WIC?

The reason I ask is that I believe once a girl becomes a mom she is legally emancipated. I could be wrong, but I've heard it from several sources. My kids cannot get emancipated in order to qualify for financial aid for college, but I believe teen moms can.

Man - I shoulda had girls. lol

But is it based on the parent's income or the teenager's (who has none)? Could the parents theoretically collect rental assistance to pay their mortgage? Would the single mom be entitled to cash assistance in addition to WIC?

The reason I ask is that I believe once a girl becomes a mom she is legally emancipated. I could be wrong, but I've heard it from several sources. My kids cannot get emancipated in order to qualify for financial aid for college, but I believe teen moms can.

Man - I shoulda had girls. lol

As pointed out, it depends on the program you are talking about. Food stamps for one are available to everyone and are based on household income versus resident count.

Though I don't think the mother should be allowed to keep the child if they require such assistance.

:disbelief:

Do you like paying for the 14 children one of our local junkies has? Because you do, they are in foster care and she got pregnant only to get the money to buy more drugs, she even admitted as much. The only reason she hasn't had more is because she can't now, sterile, thank the gods.

:lol: Well, that's a good example of one type of mother, but I think of the public assistance as being more for the helpless child in such unfortunate circumstances, and I agree there should be limits so as not to create an unintended incentive for such bad mothers as in your example. That being said, not all mothers who need assistance are so terrible that they should be forced to hand their children over to the state as your first post suggested.

I'm with you Valerie. Welfare is intended for that single mom and child who need it. But Kitten has a point in that some women use their kids as meal tickets.

But I guess my question deals more with ethics. If the family can afford to care for the grandchild, should they take the govt assistance that the teen mom is entitled to? What if it is free college?

:lol: Well, that's a good example of one type of mother, but I think of the public assistance as being more for the helpless child in such unfortunate circumstances, and I agree there should be limits so as not to create an unintended incentive for such bad mothers as in your example. That being said, not all mothers who need assistance are so terrible that they should be forced to hand their children over to the state as your first post suggested.

However I have known many parents that should not be raising their own kids, my mother was one such parent, and many of my friends had such parents to, so I am not for "keeping them together at all costs". Thus, if they are unable to pay for the child they should not have them, or the child should be given to someone who can, since there is no way of knowing who really is a good parent and no one wants to make them responsible in any other way, the least we could do is make the parents responsible for the costs.

I'm with you Valerie. Welfare is intended for that single mom and child who need it. But Kitten has a point in that some women use their kids as meal tickets.

But I guess my question deals more with ethics. If the family can afford to care for the grandchild, should they take the govt assistance that the teen mom is entitled to? What if it is free college?

Ethically I think it's wrong to take assistance from the state that you really don't need, and thus not truly qualify to receive. Unfortunately, some people have no scruples and will pretend to be something they're not, just because they can get away with it, by faking their address or hiding their income or whatever the case may be. It's a waste and a shame.

Ethically I think it's wrong to take assistance from the state that you really don't need, and thus not truly qualify to receive. Unfortunately, some people have no scruples and will pretend to be something they're not, just because they can get away with it, by faking their address or hiding their income or whatever the case may be. It's a waste and a shame.

Thus one way the threat of losing the child would cut down on false claims. The agencies are unable to catch most of those who fraud the system, so if there was something to discourage such behavior it would help a lot.

To the OP... If the 'rich girl' is on her own, has her own place, and is therefore 'emancipated' and on her own two feet, then yes, she should be able to receive the aid - as long as she NEEDS it. If she doesn't, she shouldn't be able to.

I think this is one of the stupidest statements I've ever heard/read.

Wow, KK, wow.

So, you enjoy paying a fortune in taxes to give money to those mothers who are defrauding the system through loopholes as well as those who are unwilling to take financial responsibility for their decisions? So you advocate dishonesty and encourage the lack of responsibility.

Your thoughts...
The answer is no, they do not qualify unless they leave their parents and set up on their own.

That's okay, the baby's only allowed to live to punish the girl fior having sex in the first place

Definitely, but I wouldn't let [a] 16 year old raise the child for many reasons, adoption, but make them carry it as their punishment. After that I truly doubt they would make that mistake again, and if they did at least you know they are getting their own punishment.

The rape thing, I think should be the choice of the victim. There are other medical reasons to, and many anti-abortionists would rather let them both die ... which is plain stupid.

I love how she follows it up with a lie she refuses to back up

Your thoughts...

I would hardley call the Palin's rich. They can't even afford the legal bills from all the false accusations the DNC members made and the claims they made against Palin.

Forum List

Back