If a "rich girl" gets pregnant

Do you like paying for the 14 children one of our local junkies has?

'cause that happens all the time :cuckoo:

Once again, you're backtracking. You said that the poor shouldn't be allowed to keep their children. Now you're trying to backpedal and talk about junkies.

Do you ever show any trace of honesty?

Because you do, they are in foster care and she got pregnant only to get the money to buy more drugs, she even admitted as much. The only reason she hasn't had more is because she can't now, sterile, thank the gods.

I didn't know you knew JenT's friends :eusa_eh:

Do you like paying for the 14 children one of our local junkies has?

'cause that happens all the time :cuckoo:

Once again, you're backtracking. You said that the poor shouldn't be allowed to keep their children. Now you're trying to backpedal and talk about junkies.

Do you ever show any trace of honesty?

Because you do, they are in foster care and she got pregnant only to get the money to buy more drugs, she even admitted as much. The only reason she hasn't had more is because she can't now, sterile, thank the gods.

I didn't know you knew JenT's friends :eusa_eh:

Fabricating lies by attempting to ignore the true meaning of another's post does not make you right, it only makes you a liar.

To the OP... If the 'rich girl' is on her own, has her own place, and is therefore 'emancipated' and on her own two feet, then yes, she should be able to receive the aid - as long as she NEEDS it. If she doesn't, she shouldn't be able to.

I agree. But most teen moms (rich or poor) live with their parents. I believe they are LEGALLY emancipated, despite where they live, hence entitling them to all or most programs regardless of parents' income. I could be wrong, but I don't think so.

Also - I realize the Palins aren't "rich", but chances are they are in the 5%. Anyone who makes over 250K is rich now, according to the Prez.

I ignored nothing. I posted your own words in their entirety. You said a 16-year-old girl should have a baby as a pubnishment for having sex. You said that the poor should not be allowed to keep their children- no mention of any other qualifiers until you were called on it. You then tried to characterize everyone who receives assistance as junkies with 14 kids.

One of us us dishonest, but it's not me.

Rental assistance and food stamps are based on your income and household size. WIC is available to every child until the age of 5 I believe and any pregnant mother.

KK, you make some of the most ignorant statements. What do you propose happen to the hundreds of thousands of children whose mothers receive some type of assistance?

WIC is by income as well...

Income Guidelines for WIC

The WIC Income standard is 185% of the federal poverty level.

I ignored nothing. I posted your own words in their entirety. You said a 16-year-old girl should have a baby as a pubnishment for having sex. You said that the poor should not be allowed to keep their children- no mention of any other qualifiers until you were called on it. You then tried to characterize everyone who receives assistance as junkies with 14 kids.

One of us us dishonest, but it's not me.

Yes, you ignored the other half of that post then accused me of "changing my positions" ... um no, I also said the offspring of the 16 year old should then be adopted out ... but you had to ignore that to make your lie more believable.

Though I don't think the mother should be allowed to keep the child if they require such assistance.

I think this is one of the stupidest statements I've ever heard/read.

Wow, KK, wow.

So, you enjoy paying a fortune in taxes to give money to those mothers who are defrauding the system through loopholes as well as those who are unwilling to take financial responsibility for their decisions? So you advocate dishonesty and encourage the lack of responsibility.

You really are dense, aren't you? What you said was that women who need financial help from the government should have their kids taken away. You really don't see the stupidity of that statement? Really?

Do you like paying for the 14 children one of our local junkies has? Because you do, they are in foster care and she got pregnant only to get the money to buy more drugs, she even admitted as much. The only reason she hasn't had more is because she can't now, sterile, thank the gods.

so because one person has 14 kids while on assistance -- allegedly -- you think kids should be taken away from their mothers because their mothers are poor?

how about if mom and dad live together and are on assistance? do we take them away or is this just a screw the kids and screw the harlots thing?

can i presume that if they should be taken away, that mom should be arrested and forced to have an abortion because you don't approve of poor people being parents?

where would you say the cut-off is as to parental financial feasiblity?

I think this is one of the stupidest statements I've ever heard/read.

Wow, KK, wow.

So, you enjoy paying a fortune in taxes to give money to those mothers who are defrauding the system through loopholes as well as those who are unwilling to take financial responsibility for their decisions? So you advocate dishonesty and encourage the lack of responsibility.

You really are dense, aren't you? What you said was that women who need financial help from the government should have their kids taken away. You really don't see the stupidity of that statement? Really?

It's called cold logic.

Fact: There is no way to determine who would be the better parents, so who the kids are raised better by is a coin toss.

Fact: Many people defraud the system and cost the country millions.

Fact: Dishonest people are only put in check if there is a drawback to the benefits.

So, logically, it's a good idea.

Call up the local welfare office and ask. Do the rich person, the poor person, the Black, White, Hispanic. It would make an interesting study in social science and privilege.

does she qualify for all the freebies that the poor girls get? I realize welfare benefits vary from state to state, but I imagine the rules are similar. Would someone like Bristol Palin qualify for rental assistance, food stamps, WIC, etc...?

And if so - should they take advantage of these "entitlements"?

Your thoughts...

what entitlement? being able to leave her anti-choice state for a state that has legal, safe abortions?

yep. she can avail herself of that.... unlike someone who's poor who's forced to have the child and then whom you'd like to deny assistance to.

i love compassionate conservatism.

It's called cold logic.

It's called false logic

Fact: There is no way to determine who would be the better parents, so who the kids are raised better by is a coin toss.

Wrong. If one parent is a crackhead and the other is an upstanding citizen, it is reasonable to assume the latter will provide a better upbringing, It is subjective, yes, but one can make a determination in many cases of who will most likely be the better parent.

It's called cold logic.

Fact: Many people defraud the system and cost the country millions.

Fact: Dishonest people are only put in check if there is a drawback to the benefits.

So, logically, it's a good idea.

You have a very weird concept of logic, my dear. I can see that your 'logic' has been very -in the extreme- negatively affected by your mother and her treatment of you. I am truly sorry you had to experience that.

However, it is flat WRONG to claim that when a woman with kids finds herself in such a situation that she needs governmental assistance should have her kids taken away. It is morally WRONG. It is unjustifiable. If you asked those kids whether they want to stay with beloved mommy who might not be a genius when it came to profit-making or go to a home or be taken in by complete strangers... guess what the overbearing majority of those kids would say?

You need to work out your issues, and not on this message board. Clearly.

It's called cold logic.

It's called false logic

Wrong. If one parent is a crackhead and the other is an upstanding citizen, it is reasonable to assume the latter will provide a better upbringing, It is subjective, yes, but one can make a determination in many cases of who will most likely be the better parent.

Aah ... you do realize that you just advocated for removing children from more "poor" parents with this.

If she doesn't live at home and has little evident means of support, probably.
Doesn't matter if she lives at home, if she doesn't have a job she can get assistance such as health care, food stamps, and taniff. You can state that you pay your parents rent and it doesn't matter how rich they are.
I lived with my parents for awhile when I had to quit working at the end of my pregnancy and before I went back to work and I still recieved medical, food stamps, and cash benefits since I didn't have enough leave time to support me while I was gone on maternity leave. Of course the only thing I kept was medical when I went back to work.

does she qualify for all the freebies that the poor girls get? I realize welfare benefits vary from state to state, but I imagine the rules are similar. Would someone like Bristol Palin qualify for rental assistance, food stamps, WIC, etc...?

And if so - should they take advantage of these "entitlements"?

Your thoughts...
If she is living on her own without her mom's help and needs assistance to live than she has every right to take advantage of these entitlements. Even if your parents have money doesn't mean you do.

I did no such thing,you twit. I advocated taking kids away from crackhead parents.

Can you ever post without lying, kk?

Accusing someone of lying when they don't is lying JB, so you may want to take a long hard look in the mirror. Yes you did, many people I know on welfare are "crackheads" ... and if they are bad parents and you would keep the kids with them, you are advocating child abuse instead ... since I know you don't advocate child abuse, the only logical conclusion is to remove the children from that situation, is it not? Now, as for the "many on welfare" ... I am not talking about disability, talking specifically those who are using the system, and yes I know a lot of them in my area, lived in a shelter for almost 7 years, it's hard not to learn about the 40 women you live in a huge dorm with for that long. So it's you who are still being dishonest, not me, as usual.

If she doesn't live at home and has little evident means of support, probably.
Doesn't matter if she lives at home, if she doesn't have a job she can get assistance such as health care, food stamps, and taniff. You can state that you pay your parents rent and it doesn't matter how rich they are.
I lived with my parents for awhile when I had to quit working at the end of my pregnancy and before I went back to work and I still recieved medical, food stamps, and cash benefits since I didn't have enough leave time to support me while I was gone on maternity leave. Of course the only thing I kept was medical when I went back to work.

Thank you for your honesty Luissa That's what I thought. I have mixed feelings about this. My friends daughter and granchild are living in her condo on the golf course and they are trying to find out what she qualifies for. Baby's paternal grandparents provide everything for her but nothing is in writing so essentially she can claim that she receives no child support. I couldn't do it.

Forum List

Back