Idiots protesting mosque near Ground Zero attack two Christians

TAPPED | The American Prospect

They Want a Bigger War.

Spencer Ackerman flags this passage from an column by Mike Kelly about what he saw at a gathering protesting the construction of an Islamic cultural center near Ground Zero:

At one point, a portion of the crowd menacingly surrounded two Egyptian men who were speaking Arabic and were thought to be Muslims.

“Go home,” several shouted from the crowd.

“Get out,” others shouted.

In fact, the two men – Joseph Nassralla and Karam El Masry — were not Muslims at all. They turned out to be Egyptian Coptic Christians who work for a California-based Christian satellite TV station called “The Way.” Both said they had come to protest the mosque.

“I’m a Christian,” Nassralla shouted to the crowd, his eyes bulging and beads of sweat rolling down his face.

But it was no use. The protesters had become so angry at what they thought were Muslims that New York City police officers had to rush in and pull Nassralla and El Masry to safety.

Good ol Rupert. Fox is just fantastic.

White Wingnuts attack anything they don't understand. And they understand so little.

Odd, if Iran was doing this to Christians, I feel like it wouldn't be tolerated by people here. Neither would it be in this country if you replaced the word Muslim with Catholic. It seems like this flock of people didn't want to know what Jesus said so they could follow it, rather so they can tell other people to follow it.

If Iran was doing what to Christians?

White Wingnuts attack anything they don't understand. And they understand so little.

Ahhh...here comes the racism from the left....

If I follow your logic, BLACK wingnuts don't attack because they understand a lot...

What about white leftards? Why do they attack? Apparently they didn't understand ANYTHING during the Bush years...

And the black leftards...well, if they are attacking, it must just be because whitey is doing it...

Innocent Americans were attacked ON 9/11. They never did anything to Muslims.

And some of those Innocent Americans attacked on 9/11 were themselves Muslim.

Yes they were, and it's a damned shame any of them died. Point doesn't change. I'm sick of hearing about poor Middle Eastern people are being discriminated against when Middle Eastern people are discrimination against Americans by killing them.

Should these folks have reacted that way? No of course not, but the outrage when it happens is ridiculous and nothing but a political ploy. Sangha doesn't give a shit about those two Egyptians, all he cares s/he cares about is bashing on conservatives. Have the guts to admit that and we can move on from there.
Here we have someone AGAIN stating that they know what another poster is thinking, feeling. :eusa_whistle:

And I believe those two attacked were Americans....

And some of those Innocent Americans attacked on 9/11 were themselves Muslim.

Yes they were, and it's a damned shame any of them died. Point doesn't change. I'm sick of hearing about poor Middle Eastern people are being discriminated against when Middle Eastern people are discrimination against Americans by killing them.

Should these folks have reacted that way? No of course not, but the outrage when it happens is ridiculous and nothing but a political ploy. Sangha doesn't give a shit about those two Egyptians, all he cares s/he cares about is bashing on conservatives. Have the guts to admit that and we can move on from there.

So you're not bothered that wingnuts are attacking christians?

You're not bothered by violence against innocent bystanders?

It's obvious who doesnt give a shit about the victims of rightwing violence

Well, he DID tag them as Egyptians....fair game?

Fuck me! Here we go again! Has it ever occurred to idiots like you that good and bad is equally spread throughout what you so often refer to as right and left wingers? So, racists are only found among righties are they? You must be fucking thicker than pig shit if you believe that.

They don't anymore believe that then some righties believe stupidity is solely the realm of lefties.

Just as Sangha doesn't care about these two Egyptian Christians, all s/he cares about is scoring some mythical "win" on a message board. LOL

What are Wednesday's Winning Lottery Numbers please?

Yes b/c clearly when I wrote "It's a damn shame ANYONE was treated that way" and that "they shouldn't have reacted that way" what I really meant was "fuck those brown pretend Christians" :cuckoo:

As for Sangha, you and I BOTH know s/he doesn't care about anyone , all s/he cares about is riling up more rhetoric.

You are above his/her games, so why not act like it?

Yes b/c clearly when I wrote "It's a damn shame ANYONE was treated that way" and that "they shouldn't have reacted that way" what I really meant was "fuck those brown pretend Christians" :cuckoo:

As for Sangha, you and I BOTH know s/he doesn't care about anyone , all s/he cares about is riling up more rhetoric.

Actually...I DON'T know...this is a message board and I don't have that super magical power you seem to have to KNOW what other posters are thinking and feeling.

Now...for those Lottery Numbers?

Actually...I DON'T know...this is a message board and I don't have that super magical power you seem to have to KNOW what other posters are thinking and feeling.

It's not a matter of divining the future or reading someone's palm. It's a matter of judging them based off what they post. Sangha is clearly nothing more than a partisan hack who spouts off nonsense than calls names and accuses a person of being a coward or dishonest if they won't play his games.

It's not a matter of divining the future or reading someone's palm. It's a matter of judging them based off what they post. Sangha is clearly nothing more than a partisan hack who spouts off nonsense than calls names and accuses a person of being a coward or dishonest if they won't play his games.

You KNOW so much about an anonymous poster on ONE message board who has a total of 668 posts here while you have a total of 645 and you just joined this month? Seriously?

Why am I finding your supposed EXPERTISE a little suspect...? :eusa_whistle:

You KNOW so much about an anonymous poster on ONE message board who has a total of 668 posts here while you have a total of 645 and you just joined this month? Seriously?

Why am I finding your supposed EXPERTISE a little suspect...? :eusa_whistle:

Where did I claim to have expertise in anything?

He calls me a "partisan hack" and says I'm lying and then complains about name-calling:cuckoo:

They Want a Bigger War.

Spencer Ackerman flags this passage from an column by Mike Kelly about what he saw at a gathering protesting the construction of an Islamic cultural center near Ground Zero:

At one point, a portion of the crowd menacingly surrounded two Egyptian men who were speaking Arabic and were thought to be Muslims.

In fact, the two men – Joseph Nassralla and Karam El Masry — were not Muslims at all. They turned out to be Egyptian Coptic Christians who work for a California-based Christian satellite TV station called “The Way.” Both said they had come to protest the mosque.

“I’m a Christian,” Nassralla shouted to the crowd, his eyes bulging and beads of sweat rolling down his face.

But it was no use. The protesters had become so angry at what they thought were Muslims that New York City police officers had to rush in and pull Nassralla and El Masry to safety.

Can you describe the "attack"? I didn't see this story in the link you provided, I may have overlooked it.

They Want a Bigger War.

Can you describe the "attack"? I didn't see this story in the link you provided, I may have overlooked it.

Yes, I can

Stop with the BS . Christians are human to you know. Yes we care about the well being of ALL people, but we're reeling from attack after attack not only on our country by Muslims, but on our religion by our own countryman. That tends to make people feel less charitable, even Christians.

I know of no Christian who claims to be perfect , so stop with the BS about how Christians don't care.

I'm a Christian too. But you don't see me trying to tear people limb from limb simply because they follow a different religion from me.

I find myself more disgusted by the priests who have molested little boys and girls then terrorists from time to time.

I never said Christians don't care either. I said people in general are not consistent. People seem to think because 9/11 happened, it's okay to attack Muslims and or people of middle eastern heritage. The same exact bullshit happened during World War II when we threw innocent Italian, German, and especially Japanese American citizens who had nothing to do with the people we were fighting except being of the same descent. I see the same happening now, except on a more personal scale. The calls for Muslims and people who are middle eastern to be thrown into camps hasn't seemed to cease either.

So once again, do not go assuming what I do or do not think.

So now you're implying that Christians are trying " to tear people limb from limb simply because they follow a different religion"?

Isn't that what Islamic extremist are doing?

Beheading in the Name of Islam

Show me where Chrisitans behead people in the name of their religion!

Islamic Terror Attacks on American Soil

Show me a list of Christian terrorist attacks.

Forum List

Back