Idiots, Crooks, & Bedbugs

Flanders

ARCHCONSERVATIVE
Sep 23, 2010
Americans more or less accepted being represented by the occasional idiot, and crook, so long as their numbers were held to an absolute minimum. Then Nancy Pelosi, who is as crazy as a bedbug, became Speaker of the House. Apparently, global warming is responsible for a bedbug infestation. I think I prefer the idiots and the crooks:

Kerry: Climate Change is ‘The Biggest Challenge of All That We Face Right Now’
August 14, 2014 - 4:52 AM
By Patrick Goodenough

Kerry: Climate Change is ?The Biggest Challenge of All That We Face Right Now? | CNS News

Last edited:
So, what you are stating is that all the scientists in the world are crazy as bedbugs.

Because, you see, every Scientific Society, every National Academy of Science, and every major University has policy statements that state AGW is real, and a clear and present danger.

Seems to me more likely the you are the one with the bedbug attributes.

So, what you are stating is that all the scientists in the world are crazy as bedbugs.

Because, you see, every Scientific Society, every National Academy of Science, and every major University has policy statements that state AGW is real, and a clear and present danger.

So, question, did you ever research the issue or did you just accept what they stated? Again, curious.

So, question, did you ever research the issue or did you just accept what they stated? Again, curious.

Why yes, I have researched the issue. Extensively. From the first recognition of the role of the atmosphere in retaining heat by Fourier, to the articles of Hansen and Mann. And many other articles in peer reviewed publications, particularly those publications involving geology.

And, from personal observations of glaciers in the Olympics, Cascades, and Rockies. Personal observations over 70 years of the increasing warmth in the same areas.

Now, as to accepting what the scientists are stating. Were it just one scientist, or scientists from one country, you might have a point. It is thousands of scientists from all the countries on earth that are making the observations that are telling us that the earth is warming rapidly. And that we are the primary cause of that warming. And it is the craven assholes paid by energy companies that are lying through their teeth to deny the reality of what is happening. And ignorant fools like you that do zero research just flap-yap and spew whatever they feed you.

To jc456: Don’t confuse Old Rocks with facts. His mind is made up.

OK. Where are your articles from peer reviewed research that states that AGW is not a fact, and that the warming is not occuring. Seems to me that you are the one that has a mind made up without the slightest basis in facts.

Americans more or less accepted being represented by the occasional idiot, and crook, so long as their numbers were held to an absolute minimum. Then Nancy Pelosi, who is as crazy as a bedbug, became Speaker of the House. Apparently, global warming is responsible for a bedbug infestation. I think I prefer the idiots and the crooks:

Kerry: Climate Change is ‘The Biggest Challenge of All That We Face Right Now’
August 14, 2014 - 4:52 AM
By Patrick Goodenough

Kerry: Climate Change is ?The Biggest Challenge of All That We Face Right Now? | CNS News

You're far too kind! :D

The Carbon Dioxide Greenhouse Effect

In the 19th century, scientists realized that gases in the atmosphere cause a "greenhouse effect" which affects the planet's temperature. These scientists were interested chiefly in the possibility that a lower level of carbon dioxide gas might explain the ice ages of the distant past. At the turn of the century, Svante Arrhenius calculated that emissions from human industry might someday bring a global warming. Other scientists dismissed his idea as faulty. In 1938, G.S. Callendar argued that the level of carbon dioxide was climbing and raising global temperature, but most scientists found his arguments implausible. It was almost by chance that a few researchers in the 1950s discovered that global warming truly was possible. In the early 1960s, C.D. Keeling measured the level of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere: it was rising fast. Researchers began to take an interest, struggling to understand how the level of carbon dioxide had changed in the past, and how the level was influenced by chemical and biological forces. They found that the gas plays a crucial role in climate change, so that the rising level could gravely affect our future. (This essay covers only developments relating directly to carbon dioxide, with a separate essay for Other Greenhouse Gases. Theories are discussed in the essay on Simple Models of Climate.)

This site is from the American Institute of Physics, the largest Scientific Society on earth.

Why yes, I have researched the issue. Extensively. From the first recognition of the role of the atmosphere in retaining heat by Fourier, to the articles of Hansen and Mann. And many other articles in peer reviewed publications, particularly those publications involving geology.

And, from personal observations of glaciers in the Olympics, Cascades, and Rockies. Personal observations over 70 years of the increasing warmth in the same areas.

Now, as to accepting what the scientists are stating. Were it just one scientist, or scientists from one country, you might have a point. It is thousands of scientists from all the countries on earth that are making the observations that are telling us that the earth is warming rapidly. And that we are the primary cause of that warming. And it is the craven assholes paid by energy companies that are lying through their teeth to deny the reality of what is happening. And ignorant fools like you that do zero research just flap-yap and spew whatever they feed you.

So tell me this, if you did all of this research, you had to run across those who did not believe what those scientists were stating. Do You disregard thier input then? Or do you start asking questions on whether these other scientist have a point and maybe it would be nice to see some actual evidence. I'm guessing no since you just believe those sets of scientists I supposed since they're scientists. But the remaiing question, did you study physics?
And so you thought, hmmmm it's getting warmer, must be because of me?

Last edited:

To Old Rocks: Give it up. “Scientific Consensus” was discredited long before environmental hustlers tried to pull it off. Note that then-Senator John Kerry was always a bedbug:

On June 19, apparently timed to warm up spirits at the Rio+20 meetings at the U.N. Conference on Sustainability that began the following day, Senator John Kerry gave a sizzling 55-minute indictment on the Senate floor of those who challenge global warming crisis claims.

XXXXX

Since 1998, more than 31,000 American scientists from diverse climate-related disciplines, including more than 9,000 with Ph.D.s, have signed a public petition announcing their belief that “…there is no convincing scientific evidence that human release of carbon dioxide, methane, or other greenhouse gases is causing or will, in the foreseeable future, cause catastrophic heating of the Earth’s atmosphere and disruption of the Earth’s climate.” Included are atmospheric physicists, botanists, geologists, oceanographers, and meteorologists.

So where did that famous “consensus” claim that “98% of all scientists believe in global warming” come from? It originated from an endlessly reported 2009 American Geophysical Union (AGU) survey consisting of an intentionally brief two-minute, two question online survey sent to 10,257 earth scientists by two researchers at the University of Illinois. Of the about 3.000 who responded, 82% answered “yes” to the second question, which like the first, most people I know would also have agreed with.

That Scientific Global Warming Consensus...Not!

That Scientific Global Warming Consensus...Not! - Forbes

OK. Where are your articles from peer reviewed research that states that AGW is not a fact, and that the warming is not occuring.

To Old Rocks: You can research my messages if you want more. I’ve posted those proofs often enough as you well know.

In 1938, G.S. Callendar argued that the level of carbon dioxide was climbing and raising global temperature, but most scientists found his arguments implausible. It was almost by chance that a few researchers in the 1950s discovered that global warming truly was possible. In the early 1960s, C.D. Keeling measured the level of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere: it was rising fast. Researchers began to take an interest, struggling to understand how the level of carbon dioxide had changed in the past, and how the level was influenced by chemical and biological forces. They found that the gas plays a crucial role in climate change, so that the rising level could gravely affect our future. (This essay covers only developments relating directly to carbon dioxide, with a separate essay for Other Greenhouse Gases. Theories are discussed in the essay on Simple Models of Climate.)

To Old Rocks: Environmental crapola gained momentum when hustlers and parasites saw a new route to the public trough compliments of the Silent Spring in 1962:

The Lies of Rachel Carson
by Dr. J. Gordon Edwards

The Lies of Rachel Carson

The momentum picked up speed when all of those displaced Communists flocked to environmental movement after the Soviet Union imploded.

The global warming myth is quite a profitable little scameroo. Ugly wind farms are popping up everywhere, worthless solar panel costs are escalating, and the coal industry is hanging on by a thread......simply because a bunch of nitwits say we are on the verge of Armageddon if we don't bow down and heed their pinhead warnings.

No offense intended, rocks, but you can't always believe everything you read and hear. There is always a hidden agenda. BTW, pass this on to RW...he could use another perspective.

So tell me this, if you did all of this research, you had to run across those who did not believe what those scientists were stating. Do You disregard thier input then? Or do you start asking questions on whether these other scientist have a point and maybe it would be nice to see some actual evidence. I'm guessing no since you just believe those sets of scientists I supposed since they're scientists. But the remaiing question, did you study physics?

My major is Geology, only the physics required for that major. But this man did, and is internationally acclaimed for it.

James Hansen | Americans Who Tell The Truth

Dr. James Hansen, director of the NASA Goddard Institute for Space Studies in New York City, has studied the atmosphere of the Earth for years, and is referred to as the ‘father of global warming’ because of his early warnings about the phenomenon in the 1980’s. As a leading scientist, his impassioned voice is important to the fight to combat climate change and the negative impact humans are having on the environment.

Hansen received his degrees in physics, astronomy and mathematics at the University of Iowa. He studied in Dr. James Van Allen’s space science program, initially doing his research on the composition of the atmosphere of Venus. Later, Hansen switched his research focus to the Earth’s climate. Using climate models built on information from satellites revolving the globe, Hansen studies the changes in our atmosphere, and consequently the effects these changes have on the environment.

Hansen analyzes changes in the temperature of the Earth’s atmosphere, going back as far as 1880 when instruments began recording temperature data. He also measures carbon dioxide (CO2) emission levels from fossil fuels, primarily coal, dating to the advent of the Industrial Revolution. Hansen continues to find evidence of global warming, which, if left unchecked, will lead to climate change so irreparable that eventually human lives and the lives of thousands of plant and animal species will be in jeopardy. His models suggest that emergency levels have already been reached.

My major is Geology, only the physics required for that major. But this man did, and is internationally acclaimed for it.

Dr. James Hansen, director of the NASA Goddard Institute for Space Studies in New York City, has studied the atmosphere of the Earth for years, and is referred to as the ‘father of global warming’ because of his early warnings about the phenomenon in the 1980’s. As a leading scientist, his impassioned voice is important to the fight to combat climate change and the negative impact humans are having on the environment.

Hansen received his degrees in physics, astronomy and mathematics at the University of Iowa. He studied in Dr. James Van Allen’s space science program, initially doing his research on the composition of the atmosphere of Venus. Later, Hansen switched his research focus to the Earth’s climate. Using climate models built on information from satellites revolving the globe, Hansen studies the changes in our atmosphere, and consequently the effects these changes have on the environment.

Hansen analyzes changes in the temperature of the Earth’s atmosphere, going back as far as 1880 when instruments began recording temperature data. He also measures carbon dioxide (CO2) emission levels from fossil fuels, primarily coal, dating to the advent of the Industrial Revolution. Hansen continues to find evidence of global warming, which, if left unchecked, will lead to climate change so irreparable that eventually human lives and the lives of thousands of plant and animal species will be in jeopardy. His models suggest that emergency levels have already been reached.

ok, right...........sorry I disagree. He most likely is a very smart scientist, smarter than me I'm sure, But to isolate those who disagree with him and act like he has all of the answers is self righteous. And I have no need for those types.

The global warming myth is quite a profitable little scameroo. Ugly wind farms are popping up everywhere, worthless solar panel costs are escalating, and the coal industry is hanging on by a thread......simply because a bunch of nitwits say we are on the verge of Armageddon if we don't bow down and heed their pinhead warnings.

No offense intended, rocks, but you can't always believe everything you read and hear. There is always a hidden agenda. BTW, pass this on to RW...he could use another perspective.

What the hell are you talking about? The cost of solar panels has been coming down steadily, and is still doing so. At present, they are available for as low as 32 cents a watt. As for the coal industry, quick, cut that Goddamned thread. We do not need coal, it poisons the land and air in mining and in use. Natural gas is far more flexable, and will be the bridge to total renewables.

As far as believing everything I read, hardly. But I read enough to tell the chaff from the grain. And the bullshit concerning wind and solar is pure ass bullshit. Otherwise, these kinds of investments would not be taking place.

Twelve states produced 80% of U.S. wind power in 2013 - Today in Energy - U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA)

In 2013, 12 states accounted for 80% of U.S. wind-generated electricity, according to preliminary generation data released in EIA's March Electric Power Monthly report. Texas was again the top wind power state with nearly 36 million megawatthours (MWh) of electricity. Iowa was second, with more than 15 million MWh, followed by California, Oklahoma, Illinois, Kansas, Minnesota, Oregon, Colorado, Washington, North Dakota, and Wyoming.
These 12 states produced a combined 134 million MWh of electricity from wind. Nationwide, 167 million MWh of power came from wind in 2013, a 19% increase from 2012. Wind power increased its share of U.S. total electricity generation in 2013 from 3.5% to 4.1%. All but 13 states reported to EIA some generation from wind, and 23 states increased their wind generation more than 10% above 2012 production levels. California's wind generation exceeded geothermal generation for the first time in 2013.
The proportion of wind to total electricity generated varied widely by state. Leading the nation in wind generation share was Iowa with 27.4% of net electricity production coming from wind turbines. Second was South Dakota, at 26%. Other states with more than twice the national share of 4.1% wind power were Kansas, Idaho, Minnesota, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Colorado, Oregon, Wyoming, and Texas.

Solar Industry Data | SEIA

2013 was another record year for the U.S. solar industry. There were 4,751 MW of new photovoltaic (PV) capacity installed in 2013, representing a 41 percent increase in deployment over installation levels in 2012. Solar accounted for 29 percent of all new electricity generation capacity added in 2013, up from just 10 percent in 2012, which made solar the second largest source of new electricity generating capacity behind natural gas. The record year was driven in part by historical growth in the fourth quarter, as 2,106 MW came online in Q4 alone. (All data from SEIA/GTM Research “U.S. Solar Market Insight: 2013 Year in Review” unless otherwise noted.)

Installations Continue to Boom

There are now over 13,000 MW of cumulative solar electric capacity operating in the U.S., enough to power more than 2.2 million average American homes.
There were 140,000 new solar installations in the U.S. during 2013, bringing the total to over 445,000 PV systems operating today.
The utility market led the charge again with 2,847 MW of PV and 410 MW of Concentrating Solar Power (CSP) installed in 2013

Be nice to have a savings account that had those kinds of yearly increases.

ok, right...........sorry I disagree. He most likely is a very smart scientist, smarter than me I'm sure, But to isolate those who disagree with him and act like he has all of the answers is self righteous. And I have no need for those types.

The scientists that disagreed with the predictions made in Dr. Hansen's 1981 paper were proven wrong. His predictions not only happened, they were actually a bit on the conservative side. And nobody stated that he had all the answers. Simply that he made predictions based on the evidence at hand, and they were accurate. Others stated the the evidence on hand did not warrant those predicitions, and they were wrong. Results count.

What the hell are you talking about? The cost of solar panels has been coming down steadily, and is still doing so.

To Old Rocks: You have to be a parasite making a living from solar panel frauds, or a liar, or both, You post crap hoping nobody will challenge you. This is just one article:

Roof-Top Solar Panels — the Latest Homeowner Fraud
Friday, 14 Mar 2014 03:46 PM
By Bradley Blakeman

Latest Homeowner Fraud: Roof-Top Solar Panels

This link provides a bunch of articles about solar panel frauds:

This link provides a list of articles about solar panel industry tax dollar subsidies:

Dr. James Hansen, director of the NASA Goddard Institute for Space Studies in New York City, has studied the atmosphere of the Earth for years, and is referred to as the ‘father of global warming’ because of his early warnings about the phenomenon in the 1980’s. As a leading scientist, his impassioned voice is important to the fight to combat climate change and the negative impact humans are having on the environment

To Old Rocks: You should be ashamed of yourself. There is just too much in this one article for me to quote a few items:

May 20, 2012 · 11:13 am
Top Scientists Vent on NASA’s Sub Prime Greenhouse Gas Hoaxer

Top Scientists Vent on NASA?s Sub Prime Greenhouse Gas Hoaxer | johnosullivan

Whatever are you yapping about, Flanders? You can buy complete kits and do the work yourself, a 5 kw system costs $8313. If you are so incompetant that you have to have someone do the work for you, then see the Better Business Bureau in your area, and get real craftsmen to do the job. Go cheap, and you deserve what you get.

John O'Sullivan, eh.:badgrin:

Affidavits in Michael Mann Libel Suit Reveal Astonishing Facts About Tim Ball Associate John O'Sullivan | DeSmogBlog

Skolnick's evidence shows that O'Sullivan made a series of false claims, including:

that he was an attorney with more than a decade of successful litigation in New York State and Federal courts;
that he was employed by a major Victoria, B.C.(Canada) law firm that is representing Ball in the libel action;
that he is a widely published writer, with credits in Forbes and the National Review;
that he had received his law degree from the University College, Cork, Ireland and/or from the University of Surrey (O'Sullivan's actual legal accreditation, apparently obtained after the Mann-Ball action commenced, comes from an online degree mill, Hill University, which promises delivery in two weeks);
that he is a member of the American Bar Association.
One affidavit includes an online comment in which O'Sullivan says, “For your information, I am a retired academic and I have litigated personally or assisted others in pro se litigation at every level of court there is in New York State as well as Federal level, for over a decade and never lost.”

Although O'Sullivan admits in this particular comment that he is not, in fact, licensed to practice law, in the U.S. or the U.K., he adds, “I'm just some Brit with a brain who can go live with his American wife in her country and kick ass big time around a courtroom.”

So, another ass with no credentials at all, making fools of people like yourself that haven't any kind of scientfic background, and are too damned lazy to check what the facts are.

Whatever are you yapping about, Flanders? You can buy complete kits and do the work yourself, a 5 kw system costs $8313. If you are so incompetant that you have to have someone do the work for you, then see the Better Business Bureau in your area, and get real craftsmen to do the job. Go cheap, and you deserve what you get.

To Old Rocks: You need the help. The percentage of Americans who are physically incapable of doing the work —— age for one thing —— far outnumber the people who can do the work; so that brings us right back to your “real craftsmen” who will ripoff the homeowner as quickly as the people in this article.

Roof-Top Solar Panels — the Latest Homeowner Fraud
Friday, 14 Mar 2014 03:46 PM
By Bradley Blakeman

Latest Homeowner Fraud: Roof-Top Solar Panels

Just to set the record straight. Installing solar panels is semi-skilled labor that can be learned in a few weeks. In fact, you imply that anybody can do it. Then you turn around and say hire craftsmen. No matter how you stretch the definition installing solar panels does not qualify as craftsmanship:

craftsman (noun)
A man who practices a craft with great skill.

XXXXX

craft (noun)

1. Skill in doing or making something, as in the arts; proficiency.

2. Skill in evasion or deception; guile.

3. a. An occupation or trade requiring manual dexterity or skilled artistry. b. The membership of such an occupation or trade; guild.

4. plural craft. A boat, ship, or aircraft.

verb, transitive
crafted, crafting, crafts

1. To make by hand.

2. Usage Problem. To make or construct (something) in a manner suggesting great care or ingenuity: "It was not the Chamber of Commerce that crafted the public policies that have resulted in a $26 billion annual subvention to the farmers" (William F. Buckley, Jr.).

I think I have you pegged right. You are obviously a parasite making money in a heavily subsidized industry that is rife with lazy bums, hustlers, and outright crooks from top to bottom.

John O'Sullivan, eh.:badgrin:

Affidavits in Michael Mann Libel Suit Reveal Astonishing Facts About Tim Ball Associate John O'Sullivan | DeSmogBlog

Skolnick's evidence shows that O'Sullivan made a series of false claims, including:

that he was an attorney with more than a decade of successful litigation in New York State and Federal courts;
that he was employed by a major Victoria, B.C.(Canada) law firm that is representing Ball in the libel action;
that he is a widely published writer, with credits in Forbes and the National Review;
that he had received his law degree from the University College, Cork, Ireland and/or from the University of Surrey (O'Sullivan's actual legal accreditation, apparently obtained after the Mann-Ball action commenced, comes from an online degree mill, Hill University, which promises delivery in two weeks);
that he is a member of the American Bar Association.
One affidavit includes an online comment in which O'Sullivan says, “For your information, I am a retired academic and I have litigated personally or assisted others in pro se litigation at every level of court there is in New York State as well as Federal level, for over a decade and never lost.”

Although O'Sullivan admits in this particular comment that he is not, in fact, licensed to practice law, in the U.S. or the U.K., he adds, “I'm just some Brit with a brain who can go live with his American wife in her country and kick ass big time around a courtroom.”

So, another ass with no credentials at all, making fools of people like yourself that haven't any kind of scientfic background, and are too damned lazy to check what the facts are.

To Old Rocks: You are attacking the wrong guy. Your guy Hansen advocates a huge increase in the number of parasites diving into the public trough; subsidies, research grants, lifetime-tenured tax dollar jobs, Wall Street firms churning customers’ accounts on tax dollar funded “energy” companies, Cap & Trade, and so on. Sullivan opposes the parasites. Even if you know nothing about the positions of the two men, only fools would trust the guy who wants more parasites living on tax dollars.

Bottom line: Science is not the argument. Manmade global warming has been discredited beyond resurrection. The corpse is being preserved by parasites hoping to bring it back to life. The question is how to keep environmental parasites, hustlers, and crooks out of the public trough once and for all.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back