Idiotic Canadian Court Makes Idiotic Decision

This isnt the only idiodic decision that Canadian judges have made as of late...Most recently they are going for a communist run state where they take care of your kids AND tell you what you can preach and what you can say.

Parents are losing control over their children, and this ruling doesn't help. Children seem to have more rights than their parents nowadays, and it's about time parents stood up and took a stand against this crap.
I mean, I'm not for spanking, but if that is the way a parent chooses to disipline their child, they can do so.
Now a bratty 12 year old has more control over her parents than they do over here. What is the world coming to?

Parents are losing control over their children, and this ruling doesn't help. Children seem to have more rights than their parents nowadays, and it's about time parents stood up and took a stand against this crap.
I mean, I'm not for spanking, but if that is the way a parent chooses to disipline their child, they can do so.
Now a bratty 12 year old has more control over her parents than they do over here. What is the world coming to?

In the US we have an entire Unconstitutional court system for that. A system where the rules and edicts of the Constitution do not apply at all. A system where if you make a public complaint about said court system they can and will punish you for it "legally".

I spanked one of my daughters once. She was about 4 and had gotten out of her car seat (they never invented one that could hold her) in the back seat of the car and leapt for the door handle with the intent of jumping out while I was going 65 mph down the interstate. I caught the whole incident out of the corner of my eye. After putting the car into a sideways spin to throw her away from the door, sliding into the shoulder throwing cubic yards of dirt and sod in every direction and bringing the highway to a screeching halt I got out, pulled her out of the back and spanked her in front of God and everyone on the highway. I don't think a single soul on the road was objecting to my actions and she never got out of her car seat again. There are certain lessons that require a forceful response to make an impression that will never go away and leaves no doubt as to its intent.

I spanked one of my daughters once. She was about 4 and had gotten out of her car seat (they never invented one that could hold her) in the back seat of the car and leapt for the door handle with the intent of jumping out while I was going 65 mph down the interstate. I caught the whole incident out of the corner of my eye. After putting the car into a sideways spin to throw her away from the door, sliding into the shoulder throwing cubic yards of dirt and sod in every direction and bringing the highway to a screeching halt I got out, pulled her out of the back and spanked her in front of God and everyone on the highway. I don't think a single soul on the road was objecting to my actions and she never got out of her car seat again. There are certain lessons that require a forceful response to make an impression that will never go away and leaves no doubt as to its intent.

Exactly....:clap2:

No, that's not "communist." Communism is a socioeconomic political system where the productive assets of the country are owned by the state. As much as I disagree with the Human Rights Council ruling - as I often do - this is not evidence of a communist government.

Extremist rhetoric does not help your argument.

Wow! I never knew communism allowed for free speech and freedom of religion.

As Toro pointed out, an economic system doesn't care about free speech or freedom of religion, it's an economic system. The folks who run the country make the decisions about human rights. It doesn't follow that communism=totalitarianism.

Courts, interpreting the constitution, don't allow the 10 Commandments posted inside government buildings, which is a restriction on free speech and religion.

I guess the US is a communist country then.

Last edited:
Courts, interpreting the constitution, don't allow the 10 Commandments posted inside government buildings, which is a restriction on free speech and religion.

HUGE difference between what goes on inside a government (taxpayer paid) building and what an INDIVIDUAL says out in public. To ORDER someone to renounce their faith???????

And....YOU KNOW THAT!

Last time I checked it still says "In God We Trust" on all of our currency. And NOWHERE in the US Constitution are the words "seperation of church and state." That phrase comes from our "beloved" Supreme Court in some of their more assine decisions.

Last time I checked it still says "In God We Trust" on all of our currency. And NOWHERE in the US Constitution are the words "seperation of church and state." That phrase comes from our "beloved" Supreme Court in some of their more assine decisions.

Well, in Canada, the national anthem references God, so what is your point? There is no law, nor has there ever been any interpretation of the Canadian constitution which proclaims a separation between church and state, as there is in America. You can put up the 10 Commandments in a Canadian court house if you want.

Thus, by this standard, America is more "communist" than Canada.

But can't you see how stupid this line of reasoning is? What you are saying is that a place is becoming communist because someone's religious practices are being restricted. Religious practices are being restricted all the time in all countries. There is no absolute right to practice religion in any way one sees fit in America. And this does not make America "communist."

I have no use for the Human Rights Commissions in Canada, but to say that their rulings are evidence of "communism" merely reflects one's ignorance and lack of understanding of what communism is about.

HUGE difference between what goes on inside a government (taxpayer paid) building and what an INDIVIDUAL says out in public. To ORDER someone to renounce their faith???????

And....YOU KNOW THAT!

I "know that?"

Well, what I do know is that the headline you posted is misleading

Government to pastor: Renounce your faith!

and I'm pretty sure you didn't read the link from the Alberta HRC here

http://albertahumanrights.ab.ca/Lund_Darren_Remedy053008.pdf

Because this is what the ruling said.

That Mr. Boissoin and the Concerned Christian Coalition Inc. be formally disallowed to publish discriminatory letters in newspapers by email, on the radio, in public speeches and on the internet in the future. Further, that they be prohibited from making disparaging remarks in the future against the complainant or any of the complainant’s witnesses relating to their involvement in the complaint.

I've highlighted the important parts.

Nowhere does it say the guy has to "renounce" his faith. What it says is that he is not allowed to promote homophobia in print or in speeches.

It also says

The Panel also agrees with the submissions of Mr. Boissoin when he states that this is not a criminal case. It would be inappropriate to punish Mr. Boissoin for his actions and I find that the purpose of the remedy in this case, is not to punish but rather to attempt as far as possible, to ameliorate the effects of the discrimination insofar as is possible and to denunciate the actions which were the subject of the complaint with a view to educate and hopefully prevent actions of this nature in future.

It says absolutely nothing about him having to change his beliefs.

Now, I have not heard him speak. I have no idea if what he said was hateful or not, though I often think the HRCs are wrong in their decisions. However, based on the facts above, your conclusions based on the case about the guy having to renounce anything, or anything to do with communism is simply wrong.

Forum List

Back