Canada to Deport War Deserter

Originally posted by Toro
Well done.

What kind of mentally retarded individual are you, Toro?

The guy refused to participate in an illegal war of aggression.

José;720848 said:

Wrong as usual. The war is totally legal, it was approved by the Congress and continues to be funded by said Congress. Now the retard would be people like you claiming the war is illegal.

José;720848 said:

This guy took an oath to serve in the military and follow direct orders by his superiors. He was well aware of the risks he took while signing up to be in the military. Everyone who's had a history class knows that if you're in the military, you may be sent to fight in a war in which you don't agree with...I.E. Vietnam. IMO, if you join the military, you are signing your life over to serve the country in whatever you are called to do.

This guy took an oath to serve in the military and follow direct orders by his superiors. He was well aware of the risks he took while signing up to be in the military. Everyone who's had a history class knows that if you're in the military, you may be sent to fight in a war in which you don't agree with...I.E. Vietnam. IMO, if you join the military, you are signing your life over to serve the country in whatever you are called to do.

The military clause does allow one to refuse ILLEGAL orders. The problem being NONE have been given.

If the guy actual were against the war because he thinks it is illegal he would have STAYED in the military, refused to deploy and DEMANDED a trial so he could make his case. He is just another person that did not want to do what he agreed to do, was paid to do and trained to do.

That Lt in Washington did that. I do not agree with any of that, BUT that is the right way to claim it is illegal. Not running away and trying to avoid what you agreed to do.

The military clause does allow one to refuse ILLEGAL orders. The problem being NONE have been given.

If the guy actual were against the war because he thinks it is illegal he would have STAYED in the military, refused to deploy and DEMANDED a trial so he could make his case. He is just another person that did not want to do what he agreed to do, was paid to do and trained to do.

That Lt in Washington did that. I do not agree with any of that, BUT that is the right way to claim it is illegal. Not running away and trying to avoid what you agreed to do.

Fair enough...I wasn't aware of that. In the same breaht, I don't agree with it either....

Don't let the door hit you in the ass!

These pussy-ass phony soldiers... they like the signing bonus and the benefits, but when it comes to honouring their part of the deal, "SAVE ME CANADA!!!"

Get the f*ck out of here, and don't ever come back unless you got a real legal case.

Hmm. Depends on what you value, and why you decide an armed force is necessary. Perhaps we all have our own unique viewpoint. If you believe in freedom and democracy, then you would have no problem with any soldier changing their mind and leaving duty. If you think you give up that freedom to ahem, serve freedom - then I guess the deserter would be horrible in your opinion. I would submit that there is a difference between not deploying, and actually deserting in the middle of a firefight... as one decsion affects others lives much more.

Hmm. Depends on what you value, and why you decide an armed force is necessary. Perhaps we all have our own unique viewpoint. If you believe in freedom and democracy, then you would have no problem with any soldier changing their mind and leaving duty. If you think you give up that freedom to ahem, serve freedom - then I guess the deserter would be horrible in your opinion. I would submit that there is a difference between not deploying, and actually deserting in the middle of a firefight... as one decsion affects others lives much more.

I would suggest that when you VOLUNTEER to serve you stay till your time is up not just collect pay until something you do not like happens. These guys CHOSE to join of their own free will, they understood the consequences of that action and they got PAID for their service, usually including bonuses and benefits besides pay.

The cowards ran away when it was convenient to do so in the hopes that Canada would protect their sorry asses. If they truly believed the war was illegal they would have stayed and DEMANDED a day in court to PROVE their point.

I would suggest that when you VOLUNTEER to serve you stay till your time is up not just collect pay until something you do not like happens. These guys CHOSE to join of their own free will, they understood the consequences of that action and they got PAID for their service, usually including bonuses and benefits besides pay.

Suggesting a course of action for someone else is great, but really it's only a suggestion. I doubt they were paid after the left the army anyhow... as for bonueses and benefits, not sure about this particular case.

The cowards ran away when it was convenient to do so in the hopes that Canada would protect their sorry asses. If they truly believed the war was illegal they would have stayed and DEMANDED a day in court to PROVE their point.

Not sure if you can accurately read someone's mind, but what we DO know, is that they left the army and went to Canada. Hard to quantify what they truly believe, perhaps they don't agree with you, that staying and going through the court was the best plan. Seems like deserting and fleeing to another country with loose legal situations regarding deserters is not an easy thing - it would be easier to just go with the flow to Iraq, or 'hurt' yourself than uproot your entire life and move your family.

Forum List

Back