Idiot snowflake reckless driver arrested after killing several

Yet...that was dumb.

But... (Unpopular opinion alert) I know I did stupid things as a teen that only dumb luck and the grace of God didn't get myself or someone else seriously injured or killed...so it's difficult for me in good conscience to throw stones.

Yes...we want everyone to be safe and responsible...but this was a parking lot...and those who were injured were not being held captive or telling the driver to stop... they were all actively involved...and their involvement likely at a minimum raised the height of the center of gravity and contributed to the rollover.

While the driver is ultimately responsible for the accident...and further...the activities she allows in and on her vehicle...there are no innocent victims here.

Unfortunate outcome...and hopefully a learning experience for others...but it's human nature for young people to do dumb things...and it is human nature for others to need a tangible example of the consequences of poor decision making to make those consequences real to them.

You just have to hope and pray that it isn't your child that serves as that example.
All of that is true

But when we do stupid things that injure or kill others there must be consequences

In this case the girl should pay s big fine, do community service for a long probationary period, and never drive a car again

If she screws up on probation send her to jail

I know where that happened, it's only a few miles from Ft. Carson. It's a miracle no one was killed yet, but someone might have a life changing injury.

Unknown.jpeg

Driver, Marisol Wentling, charged with Reckless Driving.

All of that is true

But when we do stupid things that injure or kill others there must be consequences

In this case the girl should pay s big fine, do community service for a long probationary period, and never drive a car again

If she screws up on probation send her to jail
I don't disagree with that at all ... except for never driving again.

That would be dependent on her level of remorse, taking responsibility for her poor decisions and making amends.

JMHO...YMMV.

I don't disagree with that at all ... except for never driving again.

That would be dependent on her level of remorse, taking responsibility for her poor decisions and making amends.

JMHO...YMMV.
To hell with her rehearsed “remorse”

She deserves to be severely punished

Her parents are gonna get sued, what sucks for this family is someone was recording it. If that happened when I was her age there would be no video proof of it, only eyewitness accounts, and the story would be something like "I saw a cat and swerved" and maybe you can weasel your way out of what happened, if you were stupid enough to do what she did.

I can't believe no one has died from that

Her parents are gonna get sued, what sucks for this family is someone was recording it. If that happened when I was her age there would be no video proof of it, only eyewitness accounts, and the story would be something like "I saw a cat and swerved" and maybe you can weasel your way out of what happened, if you were stupid enough to do what she did.

I can't believe no one has died from that
Unless it was there car why would her parents be sued the dumbass is 19.

Forum List

Back