I'd LMAO

Senate Republicans refused to give President Obama’s pick to replace Supreme Court Justice Scalia even the courtesy of a hearing. It was disrespectful, and historically unprecedented.

But there is still something we can do to get Merrick Garland confirmed before Obama leaves office.

At 12:00 noon on January 3, 2017 (according to the Constitution), the terms of 34 U.S. Senators will expire. At that point, the Senate will briefly consist of 66 sitting senators—until Vice President Joe Biden, in his capacity as Senate president, begins swearing in the senators-elect.

Before Biden begins the proceedings, he will preside over a Senate that consists of 34 Democrats, 2 independents & 30 Republicans—as the remaining Senators are not sworn in yet.

At this point, Democrats could ask to finish Senate business as it pertains to President Obama’s nomination of Judge Garland.

There was already a thread on this like a week ago and this one will be just as much laughed at as the last one for the shear, abject stupidity of it all
What's real stupidity is for nitwits to still support the ah who has lied to them at every turn Are you one of them?

Just one more way republicans show their disdain for America

you are a liar or a dupe

there is a history of long open SC vacancies
Yes, just not of the Senate refusing to entertain the nomination.

--LOL no less then five times

Postponed or tabled by the Senate, but not withdrawn by the President 5

https://fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/RL31171.pdf
Very scholarly review; forgive me if I don't have the necessary interest in the topic to read the whole thing trying to unearth the names of the five justices you refer to and the reasons for the inaction? It is common knowledge that this has been precedent breaking.

On March 16, President Obama nominated Merrick Garland to fill the vacancy on the Supreme Court created by the death of Justice Antonin Scalia. When the Senate returns from its August recess on Sept. 6, the nomination will have already waited 174 days for a vote.

This prolonged failure by the Senate to do its duty has no precedent in all of U.S. history. Every other nomination not withdrawn by a president has received a vote. The longest previous wait was 125 days for Louis Brandeis, appointed by President Woodrow Wilson in 1916. Bitter opposition to Brandeis was driven, at least in part, by his status as the first Jewish nominee. The Senate, however, after contentious hearings and debate, confirmed Brandeis — who went on to serve as one of the most respected justices in the court's history — 47-22.

Senate continues to disrespect Constitution, Obama and Supreme Court by not voting on Garland

your article is incorrect

there has been numerous instances as the link shows

if you wish to continue to have your head buried up your ass

that is your fault not mine

you are a liar or a dupe

But it's unprecedented!

in addition to those five

there are four more which had been referred to committee

but never reported or discharged from committee

--LOL

Senate Republicans refused to give President Obama’s pick to replace Supreme Court Justice Scalia even the courtesy of a hearing. It was disrespectful, and historically unprecedented.

But there is still something we can do to get Merrick Garland confirmed before Obama leaves office.

At 12:00 noon on January 3, 2017 (according to the Constitution), the terms of 34 U.S. Senators will expire. At that point, the Senate will briefly consist of 66 sitting senators—until Vice President Joe Biden, in his capacity as Senate president, begins swearing in the senators-elect.

Before Biden begins the proceedings, he will preside over a Senate that consists of 34 Democrats, 2 independents & 30 Republicans—as the remaining Senators are not sworn in yet.

At this point, Democrats could ask to finish Senate business as it pertains to President Obama’s nomination of Judge Garland.

I agree, it was disrespectful.

But then again, Obama and any justice he would like, deserve all the disrespect that can be heaped up on them.

Fuck them both.
And may Scalia and thomas burn in hell along with gwb and chump

I recall the "respect" you douche bags treated Thomas with. Obama's nominee got much better treatment.

It was disrespectful, and historically unprecedented.

except for when it happened to bush

“We should not confirm any Bush nominee to the Supreme Court, except in extraordinary circumstances,” Schumer said in a speech to the liberal American Constitution Society. “They must prove by actions, not words, that they are in the mainstream rather than we have to prove that they are not.”
It did not happen to Bush.

well actually it did

but thanks for playing

John G. Roberts, Jr.hhh G.W. Bush July 29, 2005 (referred) No hearings No committee action No Senate debate Withdrawn, message received Sept. 6, 2005 Harriet E. Miershhh G.W. Bush Oct. 7, 2005 (referred) No hearings No committee action No Senate debate Withdrawn, message received Oct. 28, 2005

They could try, it would cause on of the shortest filibusters in history.

you are a liar or a dupe

Very scholarly review; forgive me if I don't have the necessary interest in the topic to read the whole thing trying to unearth the names of the five justices you refer to and the reasons for the inaction? It is common knowledge that this has been precedent breaking.

On March 16, President Obama nominated Merrick Garland to fill the vacancy on the Supreme Court created by the death of Justice Antonin Scalia. When the Senate returns from its August recess on Sept. 6, the nomination will have already waited 174 days for a vote.

This prolonged failure by the Senate to do its duty has no precedent in all of U.S. history. Every other nomination not withdrawn by a president has received a vote. The longest previous wait was 125 days for Louis Brandeis, appointed by President Woodrow Wilson in 1916. Bitter opposition to Brandeis was driven, at least in part, by his status as the first Jewish nominee. The Senate, however, after contentious hearings and debate, confirmed Brandeis — who went on to serve as one of the most respected justices in the court's history — 47-22.

Senate continues to disrespect Constitution, Obama and Supreme Court by not voting on Garland

Rhe bottom line jon is you people are destroyers not builder of America You tear it down at any opportunity

But then again, Obama and any justice he would like, deserve all the disrespect that can be heaped up on them.

Fuck them both.

I recall the "respect" you douche bags treated Thomas with. Obama's nominee got much better treatment.
thomas is a pussy grabbing pos

you are a liar or a dupe

Rhe bottom line jon is you people are destroyers not builder of America You tear it down at any opportunity

Fuck them both.

thomas is a pussy grabbing pos

More fake news from douche bag Dims.

Yes jon all us dems hate freedom and we all would love america without you racist pigs
Race Card use noted. Your post is invalid.
Very good approach.

When the PC zealots try to put people on the defensive and deflect, the conversation needs to be suspended until they're willing to be intellectually honest.

And I'm LMAO at the various flights of fantasy the libbers are embarking on to try to keep themselves from facing reality.

Elections have consequences, bitches.

Hope you didn't get any on your hands.

eds folks like you are the poison to any freedom loving peoples
Yeah jon go get another pos that kills 4600 of ours over bs You don't care because one of yours wasn't taken by your last pos gwb
Yes jon all us dems hate freedom and we all would love america without you racist pigs

no not all of them but there are plenty of them

the dem party has sure gone down hill

where do you come off calling republicans racists

more fake news have you tweaked or what

eds folks like you are the poison to any freedom loving peoples
Yeah jon go get another pos that kills 4600 of ours over bs You don't care because one of yours wasn't taken by your last pos gwb

Race Card use noted. Your post is invalid.
agreed

the corner stone of a libtard

I never said you're on ignore....where else could I possibly get the comedy I get from reading your BS? You're freaking nuts, dude

I'm the one that has that idiot on ignore, and I'm likely not the only one.
JIMHO putting someone on ignore is a sign of cowardice If I did 3/4 of republicans would be there So sassy one thing in your favor ,,,you're not a coward

Well not really, I have about 20 left loons on ignore...one can only take so much buffoonery

Sassy, Sassy.........this is not time to have ANY leftist fruitcakes on ignore, what is wrong with you! We no longer have to debate them, anything they say backed up by links to anywhere can be answered with one word-------->WikiLeaks! Know what, then you laugh, and there is nothing they can say, lol. Besides that Sassy, we now get to crow until we throw the REST of the regional party out in 18, which should finally collapse the leftists, and with Trump in office, the illegals will not be voting to much, they will be keeping their heads down. Everything is coming up roses my friend; keep smacking all the leftists around, and laughing at them........since they are laughingstocks now, aren't they-)

Forum List

Back