IBM fired 20K older Americans, hired 40K foreign workers...this is precisely why President Trump won

So my guess is they are admitting that it takes 17K more to do the same job.

From the OP article:
"
Outsourcing corporation IBM laid off about 20,000 older Americans in the last five years, a new investigation reveals, while the tech multinational sought to import at least 37,000 foreign workers to take U.S. jobs.
A joint investigation by ProPublica and Mother Jones reveals that about 60 percent of the Americans that were laid off by IBM in the last five years were workers over the age of forty. This amounts to about 20,000 40-years-old and older Americans being laid off by IBM since 2014.

At the same time, IBM has attempted to import at least 37,000 foreign workers on H-1B visas since 2016."

So any of this at all post-Trump inaugural?

It’s what companies do.

You get up there in years and start making too much and you’re out.
They pay H1-Bs about 1/5 of a entry level American.
They pay foreign workers 1/5 of American entry level workers but they have to deal with language difficulties and awkward training after they gave a severance package to proven workers. It doesn't make a lot of sense in an economic way unless IBM has become a Chinese satellite while we weren't looking. during the Obama years. .

It’s what companies do.

You get up there in years and start making too much and you’re out.
They pay H1-Bs about 1/5 of a entry level American.
They pay foreign workers 1/5 of American entry level workers but they have to deal with language difficulties and awkward training after they gave a severance package to proven workers. It doesn't make a lot of sense in an economic way unless IBM has become a Chinese satellite while we weren't looking. during the Obama years. .
Every US Corporation, since 1998, has eliminated everyone but Indians.
They are compliant, cheap, get zero benefits and literally work 24/7.
They get laid off after getting their Green Cards and take American jobs away from minorities.
The MBAs, including many people I know who own software firms, don’t care about anything but wages.

Why do you think IBM has disappeared into virtual anonymity?

Every year, more than 100,000 foreign workers are brought to the U.S
stop this crap NOW
Vote
As I already stated. Jeff Sessions is stopping this cold.
I know a number of business owners who are very aggravated that they have to hire Americans who won’t take shit from them.
That would be great. We need people making more money and we need corporations to employ people even if they are 66 since retirement is now 67

Every year, more than 100,000 foreign workers are brought to the U.S
stop this crap NOW
Vote
As I already stated. Jeff Sessions is stopping this cold.
I know a number of business owners who are very aggravated that they have to hire Americans who won’t take shit from them.
That would be great. We need people making more money and we need corporations to employ people even if they are 66 since retirement is now 67
We need unelected greedy CEOs to stay away from Congress.
I’m seeing dozens of graduates in my town getting great jobs that they wouldn’t be interviewed for before Trump became President.

Forum List

Back