I Write The Song

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
I just downloaded the YouTube version of this song, both by Manilow and a big band in the 20's! I always thought he wrote it. I know, I did a Google search and it says the song was written in 1975. But, I heard if played on a video of Guy Lombardo's last New Year's Eve broadcast in the 1920s!!!!!

:eusa_whistle:

I just downloaded the YouTube version of this song, both by Manilow and a big band in the 20's! I always thought he wrote it. I know, I did a Google search and it says the song was written in 1975. But, I heard if played on a video of Guy Lombardo's last New Year's Eve broadcast in the 1920s!!!!!

His FIRST broadcast was in 1928. His LAST was 1976, so he could have been playing the song then. If it's the same song, I think you got something confused.

His FIRST broadcast was in 1928. His LAST was 1976, so he could have been playing the song then. If it's the same song, I think you got something confused.

Thanks. I didn't catch that. I just knew it was Guy Lombardo and didn't match him up with the time frame.

Forum List

Back