I wouldn't vote to convict the cop who shot Rayshard Brooks of murder

Maybe you'll answer this question since no one else will

If I as a civilian with a carry permit shot a man in the back as he was running away from me I could not claim self defense even if he assaulted me before he ran because the second he turned and ran the threat to my safety no longer existed.

I would be charged with murder at that point.

So tell me why should a civilian be held to a higher standard than a cop.

Maybe no one will give you the answer you want / demand.

The policeman who shot Brooks has been arrested and faces possible murder charges. No different standard has been applied. The same is true in the George Floyd case. The equal justice demanded is being carried out.

So what is the justification for the rioting, looting, destruction of property, destruction of people's lives by burning down their stores, assaults, murder, ambushing and murdering of policeman who had nothing to do with either case - who could be outstanding men and women, incredible parents, husbands, friends, and proponents for change sought?

More INJUSTICE has been perpetrated in the names of Floyd and Woods than was done TO Woods and Floyd!

What is going on / what has gone on - all the violence, destruction, murder, and division perpetrated by those using them as justification to do what they have done have caused more damage, division, and injustice than the murders of Floyd and Woods - this has NOT all been about them.
I'm not demanding anything.

I am simply asking a question that no one will answer so I'll keep asking it until someone here has the intellectual balls to answer it.

The people who are saying the cops did the right thing by shooting a fleeing man in the back are the people I am asking the question.

I want to know why they think a cop should be held to a lower standard than a civilian in a shooting event such as this one.

And once again this incident has nothing to do with any riots or property crimes.

Personally I think torching the Burger King was reprehensible and completely unwarranted. But all that happened after the shooting and has no bearing on the shooting.

That your question has been answered at least 5 times , with you ignoring each answer proves that you are stupid more than anything.

Cops are NOT held to a lower standard, in fact they are held to a higher standard. In that they have an AFFIRMATIVE duty to stop a fleeing felon. They are not permitted to say "well we know his name, we'll just go to his house and wait for him"

The moment this guy resisted arresst he became a felon. the moment he got ahold of a taser he became a danger to society, the moment he fired that taser at a cop, he opened up the possibility of being shot, which he was.

This guy could and would be at home today if he had simply not resisted arrest. It's disgusting that morons like yourself will never just say that "don't resist arrest" once you resist , it doesn't matter what skin color you have , bad things are gonna happen, the police aren't just gonna say "nah forget it" and let you go. Well they may soon start doing that, but is that what you REALLY want?

How is it that 2.3M blacks are in jail right now, proving that blacks are capable of not being shot as a result of resisting arrest, and yet here you sit claiming that they can't help it and therefor cops should just let them go once they resist?

They do not have an affirmative duty to shoot a fleeing unarmed person in the back.

He was armed, with the cops taser he stole with brute force, and shot at the cop with it.

If this is what you fucksticks call an "unarmed" black then this guy will walk easily. No way will 12 people find this guy guilty. Maybe Chauvin but not this dude.
Jesus H Christ how fucking thick are you people here?

That Taser had already been discharged and the shot missed the cop by a country mile.

At that point the fucking taser was useless as a weapon because it could not be fired again. So yes at that point Brooks was for all intents and purposes unarmed because the fucking Taser was fucking useless.

The cops know that because it was a police issue Taser.

And I never specified the race of anyone involved because it is fucking irrelevant.

Like you.

Had he discharged the taser and been running for a while and the cop decides to shoot him, then I'd say that's murder.

But the cop fired his gun within a second or two of the taser being shot at them. That's clearly self defense. The jury will agree.

If I as a civilian with a carry permit shot a man in the back as he was running away from me I could not claim self defense even if he assaulted me before he ran because the second he turned and ran the threat to my safety no longer existed.

The policeman who shot Brooks has been arrested and faces possible murder charges. No different standard has been applied. The same is true in the George Floyd case. The equal justice demanded is being carried out.

So what is the justification for the rioting, looting, destruction of property, destruction of people's lives by burning down their stores, assaults, murder, ambushing and murdering of policeman who had nothing to do with either case - who could be outstanding men and women, incredible parents, husbands, friends, and proponents for change sought?

More INJUSTICE has been perpetrated in the names of Floyd and Woods than was done TO Woods and Floyd!

What is going on / what has gone on - all the violence, destruction, murder, and division perpetrated by those using them as justification to do what they have done have caused more damage, division, and injustice than the murders of Floyd and Woods - this has NOT all been about them.

I am simply asking a question that no one will answer so I'll keep asking it until someone here has the intellectual balls to answer it.

The people who are saying the cops did the right thing by shooting a fleeing man in the back are the people I am asking the question.

I want to know why they think a cop should be held to a lower standard than a civilian in a shooting event such as this one.

And once again this incident has nothing to do with any riots or property crimes.

Personally I think torching the Burger King was reprehensible and completely unwarranted. But all that happened after the shooting and has no bearing on the shooting.

That your question has been answered at least 5 times , with you ignoring each answer proves that you are stupid more than anything.

Cops are NOT held to a lower standard, in fact they are held to a higher standard. In that they have an AFFIRMATIVE duty to stop a fleeing felon. They are not permitted to say "well we know his name, we'll just go to his house and wait for him"

The moment this guy resisted arresst he became a felon. the moment he got ahold of a taser he became a danger to society, the moment he fired that taser at a cop, he opened up the possibility of being shot, which he was.

This guy could and would be at home today if he had simply not resisted arrest. It's disgusting that morons like yourself will never just say that "don't resist arrest" once you resist , it doesn't matter what skin color you have , bad things are gonna happen, the police aren't just gonna say "nah forget it" and let you go. Well they may soon start doing that, but is that what you REALLY want?

How is it that 2.3M blacks are in jail right now, proving that blacks are capable of not being shot as a result of resisting arrest, and yet here you sit claiming that they can't help it and therefor cops should just let them go once they resist?

They do not have an affirmative duty to shoot a fleeing unarmed person in the back.

He was armed, with the cops taser he stole with brute force, and shot at the cop with it.

If this is what you fucksticks call an "unarmed" black then this guy will walk easily. No way will 12 people find this guy guilty. Maybe Chauvin but not this dude.

That Taser had already been discharged and the shot missed the cop by a country mile.

At that point the fucking taser was useless as a weapon because it could not be fired again. So yes at that point Brooks was for all intents and purposes unarmed because the fucking Taser was fucking useless.

And I never specified the race of anyone involved because it is fucking irrelevant.

Like you.

Had he discharged the taser and been running for a while and the cop decides to shoot him, then I'd say that's murder.

But the cop fired his gun within a second or two of the taser being shot at them. That's clearly self defense. The jury will agree.

Don't count on it.

Cops are supposed to be trained. His training should have been adequate enough that he could recognize that Brooks was no longer a threat to him so there was no need to kill him. These cops know that a Taser is not much of a threat to a person wearing a bullet proof vest. They know that it is a very short range weapon at best and they know once it has been fired it is useless until it is reloaded.

Cops have to be held to a higher standard than civilians.

If cops think a Taser is deadly force then they shouldn't be using them .

No it hasn't

All you did was tel;l me why you think the cops should shoot people

you did not address the fact that a civilian has a much higher standard to meet for a self defense shootying than the standard you want to apply to cops.

IOW it's OK for a cop to shoot an unarmed man as he is running away but it's not Ok for a civilian to do the very same thing

I think everyone should be able to shoot and kill, anyone anywhere who shoots or attacks them.

After watching all the videos several times - I strongly disagree! There was no need to shoot him twice in the back as he ran away. The cops already had possession of his car, keys, and driver's license. The cops could have easily deescalated the situation and rounded him up later. The one cop seemed reasonable - but the killer cop was an asshole.
They should have shot him in the head the moment he threw the first punch.

Numb nuts like you don't help anyone's cause.
I dont care about "the cause" of crimins. I care about the safety of our police and they shouldnt be required to duke it out with violent criminals. We need to just kill criminals the moment they start fighting.

Like you.

Don't count on it.

Cops are supposed to be trained. His training should have been adequate enough that he could recognize that Brooks was no longer a threat to him so there was no need to kill him. These cops know that a Taser is not much of a threat to a person wearing a bullet proof vest. They know that it is a very short range weapon at best and they know once it has been fired it is useless until it is reloaded.

This insane flip-flopping belief system is driving me crazy.

I can remember on this very forum, having people scream and yell that tasers were dangerous and people have died from them, and they are lethal, and we need to ban the use of tasers because they are a deadly weapon.

Then instantly, and magically, the unicorns and rainbows make believe land pops up the moment a criminal attacks a police officer with his own taser......

Oh tasers are benign and harmless! No one is ever hurt by a taser! For 20 years, I've been hearing how horrible it is when police use a taser... and just *POOF* magically they are care bear and my little pony toys, and no officer should shoot a guy for firing a taser at him.

You are stupid. You fire a taser at me, I'm going to fire 9mm back at you.

Why is "don't fight the police" such a hard concept? Why are you wasting years of your life arguing about what the police should or shouldn't do, when you should be arguing ..... don't fight the police! You want to live? Don't commit crime. Specifically don't engage in the action of fighting the police.

There are differences between the George Floyd case and the Brooks case.
The latter grabbed the cop's taser and punched the cop in the face.
Did anyone here ever think that punching a cop in the face works result in a low chance of being killed by that cop?
People are not supposed to attack cops.
If I'm a cop and a man is trying to arrest takes my taser and punches me, it's on.
And I'm a Democrat.

Most police agencies have Use of Force Policies, and train officers (deputies, agents) in the Management of Assaultive Behavior. Capital Punishment is restricted to the trier of facts, not to arresting Law Enforcement Personnel. The use of lethal force in the United States has been a problem for decades, herein is a long exposé by Amnesty International:

This ^^^ was promulgated in June 2015, and known by members of black communities for more than a century.

After watching all the videos several times - I strongly disagree! There was no need to shoot him twice in the back as he ran away. The cops already had possession of his car, keys, and driver's license. The cops could have easily deescalated the situation and rounded him up later. The one cop seemed reasonable - but the killer cop was an asshole.

After watching you post many, many, TOO MANY times, I strongly expected you to disagree whether you watched the videos or not.

I'm sure YOU think "there was no need", based on your extensive training and experience as a cop dealing with violent drunks on the street . . . oh, no, wait, you actually have no real clue what the hell you're talking about.

What the hell does "already had possession of his car, keys, and driver's license" have to do with anything? What, if you have someone's ID, that stops 'em from shooting you with a Taser, does it?

"The cops should have just let him do whatever he wanted, and tried again later. How DARE they think he should have to cooperate?!" So you subscribe to the, "Stop, or I'll yell stop again! But you don't have to if you don't want to" school of policing, do you? And what if he takes the Taser he stole from the cop and uses it to rob a convenience store, or mug an old lady, or go home and abuse his wife in the meantime? For that matter, what if he'd actually managed to hit the cop he fired the Taser at, and once the cop was down, had taken his gun and shot someone? What if the weapon he fired at them when he turned hadn't been the stolen Taser, but a gun he'd had on him?

You continue to be a ignorant, agenda-driven sow. I won't tell you you shouldn't speak, but I will tell you that you should, just once in your life, try thinking before you do so.
That's just the point.

The cop knew that taser had only one shot in it. That shot missed the cop by a mile. The cop should have known because of his extensive training that Brooks had no possibility of firing that taser again.

It is because of their training that cops need to be held to a higher standard than civilians.

Here's a point for YOU: read my entire post before presuming to tell me "That's just the point", followed by ignoring large chunks of what I said.

Epic fail. Dismissed. Moving on to people who read, not just scroll down to where they can talk more.

I saw no reason to read any more of your little rant because I had all I needed to respond

Translation: "I knew what I wanted to say, and I'm just talking to myself anyway."
You're the one making shit up here not me.

How would you know? You already admitted you didn't read my post because you didn't think you needed to.
Because it was nothing but an emotional rant that did not address the fucking facts.

and you want to call me emotional.

I am speaking only to the facts. You didn't even know that Brooks was frisked before they tried to cuff him. You don't know that a Taser can only be fired one time before it need a reload.

IOW you are letting your emotions and outrage that the guy scuffled with the cops dictate your opinion.

Again, how would you know "it was nothing but an emotional rant" when you admitted you didn't read it?

Consistency doesn't appear to be your strong suit here.

No it hasn't

you did not address the fact that a civilian has a much higher standard to meet for a self defense shootying than the standard you want to apply to cops.

IOW it's OK for a cop to shoot an unarmed man as he is running away but it's not Ok for a civilian to do the very same thing

The world would be so much better off if we could screen stupid people such as yourselves from being allowed to steal resources from the rest of us.

You have the right of self defense moron, if some jackass was running away from you and turned and fired a taser at you and you shot him, you almost certainly would not be charged with a crime.

Your mom should be charged with a crime for not swallowing you though.

Even I k now a Taser isn't a lethal weapon.

Even I can tell if a Taser shot missed me by a fucking mile.

Even I know that a Taser can only be fired once before it needs to be reloaded

You don't seem to know any of that so who is the stupid fuck here? It seems to be you.

There is no way any civilian would get away with shooting a person in the back as he was running away from him

Does "even you" know how long after he fired the Taser it took for the cop to shoot him?

Like you.

Don't count on it.

So says Blues, the Armchair Police Chief.

"Cops are supposed to be trained. That means they should be superhuman, and know things and react to them in a second exactly the way I do after spending days watching videos and reading opinion pieces from the comfort of my home!"

Could be there's a good reason that the laws of Georgia and the standard police procedures of Atlanta don't agree with you, and no one invited you to come in and rewrite them with your "vast knowledge" of what cops should and shouldn't be able to do.

No it hasn't

I think everyone should be able to shoot and kill, anyone anywhere who shoots or attacks them.

Why don't you try it and see if yourself defense claim holds up in court.

Like you.

Don't count on it.

"Cops are supposed to be trained. That means they should be superhuman, and know things and react to them in a second exactly the way I do after spending days watching videos and reading opinion pieces from the comfort of my home!"

Could be there's a good reason that the laws of Georgia and the standard police procedures of Atlanta don't agree with you, and no one invited you to come in and rewrite them with your "vast knowledge" of what cops should and shouldn't be able to do.
It seems the GA District Attorney agrees with me and not you since this cop is charged with murder.

No it hasn't

The world would be so much better off if we could screen stupid people such as yourselves from being allowed to steal resources from the rest of us.

You have the right of self defense moron, if some jackass was running away from you and turned and fired a taser at you and you shot him, you almost certainly would not be charged with a crime.

Your mom should be charged with a crime for not swallowing you though.

Even I k now a Taser isn't a lethal weapon.

Even I can tell if a Taser shot missed me by a fucking mile.

Even I know that a Taser can only be fired once before it needs to be reloaded

You don't seem to know any of that so who is the stupid fuck here? It seems to be you.

There is no way any civilian would get away with shooting a person in the back as he was running away from him

Does "even you" know how long after he fired the Taser it took for the cop to shoot him?

It doesn't matter how long it took. The cop saw the same thing I did which was a Taser shot that missed by a fucking mile

Like you.

Don't count on it.

It seems the GA District Attorney agrees with me and not you since this cop is charged with murder.

Yea a black DA charges a white cop for shooting a black dude. Color me surprised.

Charging doesn't mean guilty, innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. Talk to me after the trial.

Like you.

Don't count on it.

This insane flip-flopping belief system is driving me crazy.

I can remember on this very forum, having people scream and yell that tasers were dangerous and people have died from them, and they are lethal, and we need to ban the use of tasers because they are a deadly weapon.

Then instantly, and magically, the unicorns and rainbows make believe land pops up the moment a criminal attacks a police officer with his own taser......

Oh tasers are benign and harmless! No one is ever hurt by a taser! For 20 years, I've been hearing how horrible it is when police use a taser... and just *POOF* magically they are care bear and my little pony toys, and no officer should shoot a guy for firing a taser at him.

You are stupid. You fire a taser at me, I'm going to fire 9mm back at you.

Why is "don't fight the police" such a hard concept? Why are you wasting years of your life arguing about what the police should or shouldn't do, when you should be arguing ..... don't fight the police! You want to live? Don't commit crime. Specifically don't engage in the action of fighting the police.
Very few people have died from a Taser shot.

Like you.

Don't count on it.

Yea a black DA charges a white cop for shooting a black dude. Color me surprised.

Charging doesn't mean guilty, innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. Talk to me after the trial.
Here you go again injecting race into the discussion.

The race of the people involved is irrelevant.

Like you.

Don't count on it.

Yea race played NO role whatsoever in this decision.

You keep telling yourself that. Maybe even one day you'll believe it.

Like you.

Don't count on it.

Racists need to think it does.

I'm not a racist.

Like you.

Don't count on it.

Racists need to think it does.

I'm not a racist.

That's right you just hate white people. Only white people can be racist if they hate blacks. We know that.

Exactly

And Georgia law prohibits a cop from firing even a TASER at someone running away. This cop did that AND fired three shots...striking a vehicle with three civilians in it.

He also failed to render aid to the guy he had just shot in the back and walked up to the dying man and KICKED him.
'
The other cop also failed to render aid and actually stood on the victims shoulder

Forum List

Back