I wouldn't vote to convict the cop who shot Rayshard Brooks of murder

Maybe you'll answer this question since no one else will

If I as a civilian with a carry permit shot a man in the back as he was running away from me I could not claim self defense even if he assaulted me before he ran because the second he turned and ran the threat to my safety no longer existed.

I would be charged with murder at that point.

So tell me why should a civilian be held to a higher standard than a cop.

Maybe no one will give you the answer you want / demand.

The policeman who shot Brooks has been arrested and faces possible murder charges. No different standard has been applied. The same is true in the George Floyd case. The equal justice demanded is being carried out.

So what is the justification for the rioting, looting, destruction of property, destruction of people's lives by burning down their stores, assaults, murder, ambushing and murdering of policeman who had nothing to do with either case - who could be outstanding men and women, incredible parents, husbands, friends, and proponents for change sought?

More INJUSTICE has been perpetrated in the names of Floyd and Woods than was done TO Woods and Floyd!

What is going on / what has gone on - all the violence, destruction, murder, and division perpetrated by those using them as justification to do what they have done have caused more damage, division, and injustice than the murders of Floyd and Woods - this has NOT all been about them.
I'm not demanding anything.

I am simply asking a question that no one will answer so I'll keep asking it until someone here has the intellectual balls to answer it.

The people who are saying the cops did the right thing by shooting a fleeing man in the back are the people I am asking the question.

I want to know why they think a cop should be held to a lower standard than a civilian in a shooting event such as this one.

And once again this incident has nothing to do with any riots or property crimes.

Personally I think torching the Burger King was reprehensible and completely unwarranted. But all that happened after the shooting and has no bearing on the shooting.

That your question has been answered at least 5 times , with you ignoring each answer proves that you are stupid more than anything.

Cops are NOT held to a lower standard, in fact they are held to a higher standard. In that they have an AFFIRMATIVE duty to stop a fleeing felon. They are not permitted to say "well we know his name, we'll just go to his house and wait for him"

The moment this guy resisted arresst he became a felon. the moment he got ahold of a taser he became a danger to society, the moment he fired that taser at a cop, he opened up the possibility of being shot, which he was.

This guy could and would be at home today if he had simply not resisted arrest. It's disgusting that morons like yourself will never just say that "don't resist arrest" once you resist , it doesn't matter what skin color you have , bad things are gonna happen, the police aren't just gonna say "nah forget it" and let you go. Well they may soon start doing that, but is that what you REALLY want?

How is it that 2.3M blacks are in jail right now, proving that blacks are capable of not being shot as a result of resisting arrest, and yet here you sit claiming that they can't help it and therefor cops should just let them go once they resist?

They do not have an affirmative duty to shoot a fleeing unarmed person in the back.

And as far as I'm concerned race is a nonissue. So if you race bait go find someone else to talk to.

The cops shot an unarmed man in the back when he was no longer a threat to them or anyone else/

A civili9an would be charged with murder if he shot a fleeing unarmed man in the back

The cop should be treated the same way

And he will be so the law is going to agree with me not you in this case

If I as a civilian with a carry permit shot a man in the back as he was running away from me I could not claim self defense even if he assaulted me before he ran because the second he turned and ran the threat to my safety no longer existed.

The policeman who shot Brooks has been arrested and faces possible murder charges. No different standard has been applied. The same is true in the George Floyd case. The equal justice demanded is being carried out.

So what is the justification for the rioting, looting, destruction of property, destruction of people's lives by burning down their stores, assaults, murder, ambushing and murdering of policeman who had nothing to do with either case - who could be outstanding men and women, incredible parents, husbands, friends, and proponents for change sought?

More INJUSTICE has been perpetrated in the names of Floyd and Woods than was done TO Woods and Floyd!

What is going on / what has gone on - all the violence, destruction, murder, and division perpetrated by those using them as justification to do what they have done have caused more damage, division, and injustice than the murders of Floyd and Woods - this has NOT all been about them.

I am simply asking a question that no one will answer so I'll keep asking it until someone here has the intellectual balls to answer it.

The people who are saying the cops did the right thing by shooting a fleeing man in the back are the people I am asking the question.

I want to know why they think a cop should be held to a lower standard than a civilian in a shooting event such as this one.

And once again this incident has nothing to do with any riots or property crimes.

Personally I think torching the Burger King was reprehensible and completely unwarranted. But all that happened after the shooting and has no bearing on the shooting.

That your question has been answered at least 5 times , with you ignoring each answer proves that you are stupid more than anything.

Cops are NOT held to a lower standard, in fact they are held to a higher standard. In that they have an AFFIRMATIVE duty to stop a fleeing felon. They are not permitted to say "well we know his name, we'll just go to his house and wait for him"

The moment this guy resisted arresst he became a felon. the moment he got ahold of a taser he became a danger to society, the moment he fired that taser at a cop, he opened up the possibility of being shot, which he was.

This guy could and would be at home today if he had simply not resisted arrest. It's disgusting that morons like yourself will never just say that "don't resist arrest" once you resist , it doesn't matter what skin color you have , bad things are gonna happen, the police aren't just gonna say "nah forget it" and let you go. Well they may soon start doing that, but is that what you REALLY want?

How is it that 2.3M blacks are in jail right now, proving that blacks are capable of not being shot as a result of resisting arrest, and yet here you sit claiming that they can't help it and therefor cops should just let them go once they resist?

They do not have an affirmative duty to shoot a fleeing unarmed person in the back.

And as far as I'm concerned race is a nonissue. So if you race bait go find someone else to talk to.

The cops shot an unarmed man in the back when he was no longer a threat to them or anyone else/

A civili9an would be charged with murder if he shot a fleeing unarmed man in the back

Man terminal stupidity seems to be rampant here. The ONLY reason he was shot in the back is cuz he got twisted back around after firing the taser at the cop. Watch the video it is CLEAR that that is what happened.

No it hasn't

All you did was tel;l me why you think the cops should shoot people

you did not address the fact that a civilian has a much higher standard to meet for a self defense shootying than the standard you want to apply to cops.

IOW it's OK for a cop to shoot an unarmed man as he is running away but it's not Ok for a civilian to do the very same thing

The world would be so much better off if we could screen stupid people such as yourselves from being allowed to steal resources from the rest of us.

You have the right of self defense moron, if some jackass was running away from you and turned and fired a taser at you and you shot him, you almost certainly would not be charged with a crime.

Your mom should be charged with a crime for not swallowing you though.

Even I k now a Taser isn't a lethal weapon.

Even I can tell if a Taser shot missed me by a fucking mile.

Even I know that a Taser can only be fired once before it needs to be reloaded

You don't seem to know any of that so who is the stupid fuck here? It seems to be you.

There is no way any civilian would get away with shooting a person in the back as he was running away from him

Shot him in the back after dropping his Taser. Back shooting cop is a low life POS.

Warning shot...Willy should be thankful he didn't shoot his nuts off instead of killing him...that's what I would have done...think of all the little criminals we wouldn't have to deal with in twenty years.....shame about it.

Man terminal stupidity seems to be rampant here. The ONLY reason he was shot in the back is cuz he got twisted back around after firing the taser at the cop. Watch the video it is CLEAR that that is what happened.

No he turned to run AFTER he shot AND MISSED with the taser.

As soon as the Taser shot was fired and again missed by a fucking mile Brooks was effectively unarmed the cop supposedly has been trained in the use of a taser and should have known this.

You don't seem to know any of that so who is the stupid fuck here? It seems to be you.

There is no way any civilian would get away with shooting a person in the back as he was running away from him

Not true....tasers have killed several people. It throws your circuitry for a loop....heart and brain both operate with electrical impulses....disrupt the rhythm and you can kill them. That cat got killed because he punched the cop and stole the taser......that can't be allowed.

As soon as the Taser shot was fired and again missed by a fucking mile Brooks was effectively unarmed the cop supposedly has been trained in the use of a taser and should have known this.

You are an idiot, watch the video , there was mere seconds between the taser being fired and the cop's gun being fired.

You know, it's sad. There are two other situations being discussed on this board right now where Conservatives such as myself are looking at the fucking facts and saying "in this case the cop screwed up, but in this case the cop did not" but very leftists are willing to look at each individual case . You , for example, just see black man shot by police - automatically a bad shoot.

You're pathetic and I'm done discussing this with you.

After watching all the videos several times - I strongly disagree! There was no need to shoot him twice in the back as he ran away. The cops already had possession of his car, keys, and driver's license. The cops could have easily deescalated the situation and rounded him up later. The one cop seemed reasonable - but the killer cop was an asshole.
They should have shot him in the head the moment he threw the first punch.

After watching all the videos several times - I strongly disagree! There was no need to shoot him twice in the back as he ran away. The cops already had possession of his car, keys, and driver's license. The cops could have easily deescalated the situation and rounded him up later. The one cop seemed reasonable - but the killer cop was an asshole.

Numb nuts like you don't help anyone's cause.

Not true....tasers have killed several people. It throws your circuitry for a loop....heart and brain both operate with electrical impulses....disrupt the rhythm and you can kill them. That cat got killed because he punched the cop and stole the taser......that can't be allowed.

WHat percentage?

It is very unlikely a Taser would kill anyone.

ANd lets not forget the cop had a bullet proof vest on so even if the Taser barbs hit him it would have been unlikely that it would have incapacitated him.

But we all know the Taser shot missed by a mile. We all know that a Taser can only be discharged once before it needs a reload. The cop knew all this as well.

And when Brooks was shot he was no longer a threat to the cop. So you're saying that the cop is allowed to be judge jury and executioner and that what Brooks did was a capital offence.

That would have been a justifiable shooting.

You are an idiot, watch the video , there was mere seconds between the taser being fired and the cop's gun being fired.

You know, it's sad. There are two other situations being discussed on this board right now where Conservatives such as myself are looking at the fucking facts and saying "in this case the cop screwed up, but in this case the cop did not" but very leftists are willing to look at each individual case . You , for example, just see black man shot by police - automatically a bad shoot.

You're pathetic and I'm done discussing this with you.

I have watched the video , Fuckstick.

I saw the Taser shot miss the cop by a fucking mile. The cop saw it too.

WHat percentage?

ANd lets not forget the cop had a bullet proof vest on so even if the Taser barbs hit him it would have been unlikely that it would have incapacitated him.

But we all know the Taser shot missed by a mile. We all know that a Taser can only be discharged once before it needs a reload. The cop knew all this as well.

And when Brooks was shot he was no longer a threat to the cop. So you're saying that the cop is allowed to be judge jury and executioner and that what Brooks did was a capital offence.

No, I'm saying you don't let a drunk black man get away after he's assaulted you and your partner, stole a weapon, aimed and fired it at you, and began to run. What if he'd broken into a house and taken a hostage or got his hands on another firearm. Don't be so dramatic....cops are taught to shoot center-mass and if it weren't for the threat of rioting, looting , and arson, he'd still be on the job....good shooting.

WHat percentage?

No, I'm saying you don't let a drunk black man get away after he's assaulted you and your partner, stole a weapon, aimed and fired it at you, and began to run. What if he'd broken into a house and taken a hostage or got his hands on another firearm. Don't be so dramatic....cops are taught to shoot center-mass and if it weren't for the threat of rioting, looting , and arson, he'd still be on the job....good shooting.

So it's OK to let a drunk White guy get away.

Got it.

What if is irrelevant. If you want to use what if as a standard then the cops can shoot anyone any time because they might maybe some time in the near or distant future commit a crime.

Brooks was not a threat to the cops when he was shot. If Brooks had been shot during the actual scuffle this would be a completely different think

He was armed, with the cops taser he stole with brute force, and shot at the cop with it.

If this is what you fucksticks call an "unarmed" black then this guy will walk easily. No way will 12 people find this guy guilty. Maybe Chauvin but not this dude.

Got it.

We were pals awhile back, not now...go fuck yourself.

Hey you're the one who thought he needed to specify that it was a Black man.

Race has no bearing on this case at all. That you chose to inject race into the discussion is on you so maybe you should be fucking yourself.

After you quote yourself using race in a reply to him.

That's classic shit right there.

He was armed, with the cops taser he stole with brute force, and shot at the cop with it.

If this is what you fucksticks call an "unarmed" black then this guy will walk easily. No way will 12 people find this guy guilty. Maybe Chauvin but not this dude.
Jesus H Christ how fucking thick are you people here?

That Taser had already been discharged and the shot missed the cop by a country mile.

At that point the fucking taser was useless as a weapon because it could not be fired again. So yes at that point Brooks was for all intents and purposes unarmed because the fucking Taser was fucking useless.

The cops know that because it was a police issue Taser.

And I never specified the race of anyone involved because it is fucking irrelevant.

Like you.

Got it.

We were pals awhile back, not now...go fuck yourself.

Hey you're the one who thought he needed to specify that it was a Black man.

Race has no bearing on this case at all. That you chose to inject race into the discussion is on you so maybe you should be fucking yourself.

After you quote yourself using race in a reply to him.

That's classic shit right there.

It was the truth. He brought race into the discussion not me.

Dipshit.

Forum List

Back