I Would Like To Ask You This Question

I've been blessed with good health, have a wonderful wife, a pain-in-the-ass dog, my house is paid for, I have money in the bank, and it's Summer on long Island.

What else could I possibly want or need?

I've been blessed with good health, have a wonderful wife, a pain-in-the-ass dog, my house is paid for, I have money in the bank, and it's Summer on long Island.

Free electricity? :)

When you consider the hundreds of thousands of years of evolution it took to get to the point where we can simply plug our gizmos into a hole in the wall in our homes, we should be thankful it doesn't cost a shitload more than it does.

I am on a one-day-at-a-time mode and today I like that it is cooler than it has been, that my tomato plants still live, that I was able to do 30 minutes of non stop vigorous aerobic exercise at the gym and still walk, that my family loves me, that nobody is in serious crisis right now, and there is nothing that I absolutely have to get done right now.

Life is good.

When you consider the hundreds of thousands of years of evolution it took to get to the point where we can simply plug our gizmos into a hole in the wall in our homes, we should be thankful it doesn't cost a shitload more than it does.

Great attitude. :)

What I'm thankful for today:

I went out to donate blood today, and then stopped by the supermarket on the way home. I got to the checkout counter, dug in my purse for my wallet, and . . . OHMIGOD!!! My wallet was gone.

I ran back to the donation center, hoping it had just fallen out on the shelf next to my bed where I had stored my purse, and nothing. Feeling rather stressed, I headed home to start the ugly process of reporting all my cards lost and replacing them.

I pulled in the drive and my 14-year-old son came out to meet me and ask if I needed him to carry anything in. Then he casually pulled my wallet from his pocket and said, "Oh, by the way, I forgot to give this back last night after I went to the store for you."

Whew!

Forum List

Back