I worship Adolph Hitler as one of the Norse Gods and I want a Jew to bake me a cake

Show us 1st Amendment case law that does protect artistic form in commerce where the product is held out to the public universally?

You can't, Blackrook.

Behind all the gays, the black radicals, the liberals, the illegal immigrants, are Communists holding the strings and calling the shots, with George Soros providing the cash for these so-called "spontaneous" demonstrations.

Communists have a hell of a lot to do with it. But the ironic thing is that even they themselves have become the "useful idiots" to do the bidding of ultra-rich financiers like Soros. These are strange times we're living in.
"Soros" ((( dog whistle )))
Not a dog whistle, he may be a Jew, but he was a collaborator with the Nazis, a traitor to his fellow Jews.
So you say...isn't it interesting how those who hunt those who collaborated with the NAZIs have never felt the same. Just that alt-right (((dog whistle))) so you don't sound so obviously anti-semitic.

Charles Manson is my god, I worship him, and I want to force Sharon Tate's family to bake me a cake celebrating his birthday.

Can I do it?

According to liberals, YES.

Does Sharon Tate's family run a bakery?
Sharon Tate's husband was Roman Polanski, a Hollywood director who got in trouble for drugging and raping a 13-year-old girl.

I was just making a hypothetical.
He should come back and run for office in Alabama under the (R) ticket.

I am a baker, and one of my functions is to create art in the form of wedding cakes. This art is a form of expression, protected by the First Amendment.

When a customer comes in and requests a certain message, he is also expressing himself, and that is also protected by the First Amendment.

My relationship to a customer is like the relationship of a book publisher to a writer who presents a book he would like me to publish.

A book publisher has an absolute First Amendment right to refuse to publish a writer's book if he disagrees with its message.

I, as a baker, have the same absolute First Amendment right as a book publisher to refuse to publish a customer's message if I disagree with it.
You're now a baker, eh?

What folks like Blackrook keep getting wrong is the fact that no baker was asked to provide a service they don't provide or to sell a product they don't already sell. If the baker doesn't make "deny the holocaust" cakes, they don't have to provide them.

However, if you walked in with your Nazi fiancee and ordered a wedding cake, yeah, the Jewish baker has to make the Nazi a wedding cake...if they make wedding cakes and Nazis are covered under the local PA laws.

:lol:

This thread is revealing a lot of weird right wing fantasies.
No, this thread is revealing the hypocrisy of regressive liberals.

What hypocrisy? I just explained how the law works. Do you STILL not understand?
Oh I understand and so do you, you just won't admit it because if you did, your entire life would be shown as false.

That's a fifth grade dodge. Explain the hypocrisy. If a product is not sold, you cannot compel someplace to provide something they don't already provide. If the establishment does provide the product, they can't refuse to sell it based on who the customer is....unless there are no protections for that group, i.e. criminals.

According to liberals, the answer is YES.

But according to you the answer is no.

I like Blackrook's answer better. Much better and fairer to those who dont want to participate for whatever personal reasons they have.

Fine...what are you doing about those pesky FEDERAL, public accommodation laws that says the gay baker MUST bake for the Christian customer?

What a horrendous law..if such existed. Any law that forces gays, or anyone, to bake for anyone they would rather not is inimical with liberty. Note I am not passing judgement here. I dont care who it is or what the reason is. Is liberty such a hard concept?
Forcing gays to work for straights...or forcing anyone to work for anyone..sounds like slavery to me.
Now add the political sloganeering dimension to it. While liberals scream about separation of church and state they use the state to force Christians to advertise against their religious beliefs. "You will create and participate in this perversity or else".
Of course it had to come to this. And it should be kept in the public eye. This is why 34 states..even California..voted to not participate in the travesty called gay marriage.
And finally...almost anything the "pesky Federal government" involves itself in will become despotic. It is the nature of centralized power and the reason our fathers inherited a decentralized government.

According to liberals, the answer is YES.

But according to you the answer is no.

I like Blackrook's answer better. Much better and fairer to those who dont want to participate for whatever personal reasons they have.

Fine...what are you doing about those pesky FEDERAL, public accommodation laws that says the gay baker MUST bake for the Christian customer?

What a horrendous law..if such existed. Any law that forces gays, or anyone, to bake for anyone they would rather not is inimical with liberty. Note I am not passing judgement here. I dont care who it is or what the reason is. Is liberty such a hard concept?
Forcing gays to work for straights...or forcing anyone to work for anyone..sounds like slavery to me.
Now add the political sloganeering dimension to it. While liberals scream about separation of church and state they use the state to force Christians to advertise against their religious beliefs. "You will create and participate in this perversity or else".
Of course it had to come to this. And it should be kept in the public eye. This is why 34 states..even California..voted to not participate in the travesty called gay marriage.
And finally...almost anything the "pesky Federal government" involves itself in will become despotic. It is the nature of centralized power and the reason our fathers inherited a decentralized government.

Based on your 'logic', the government should not be involved in any issues of discrimination.

Based on your 'logic', the government should not be involved in any issues of discrimination.

Ahh the old "based on your logic". However will I counter?

Ill just restate my position again. Get the Federal government out of my life. If somebody discriminates against me I will deal with it.

Of course they have the right to refuse service as does a business owner that does not believe in gay marriage or they don't like the way your nose sits on your face. Its retarded to turn down paying customers but it is a privatly owned business,

Forum List

Back