I work for the government

alan1

Gold Member
Dec 13, 2008
Shoveling the ashes
I posted this on another message board a few years ago, I just thought I'd post it here to. Some of the numbers have gone up since I originally posted it. None of them have gone down.

Federal Income tax 19%
Social Security Tax 6.2% (plus my employer pays 6.2%) total 12.4%
Medicare Tax 1.45% (plus my employer pays 1.45%) total 2.9%
State Income tax 7.5%
Sales tax on purchases 7.5%
Property tax on house value 1.1%
Property Tax on vehicles (3) 1.6%
Registration fee on vehicles (3) 0.8%
Required annual state inspection on vehicles (3) $138.00 ($46.00 each)
Estimated annual taxes on my phone bill $162.00
Estimated annual taxes on gasoline $1448.00
Estimated annual tax on cigarettes $1250.00
Estimated annual tax on alcohol $1500.00
I’m sure I forgot some hidden taxes.

The first 4 equal 41.8% of my income.
It is official. The government makes more money off me than I do.

I agree, we are in the same boat, though our income tax percent is not as high nor drinking/ cigarette bill, but i would venture to say that we probably pay close or more than that 40%... in total taxes when said and done and i can assure you that we have paid more in taxes than we have ever been able to save each year, for our own retirement and security.

I agree, we are in the same boat, though our income tax percent is not as high nor drinking/ cigarette bill, but i would venture to say that we probably pay close or more than that 40%... in total taxes when said and done and i can assure you that we have paid more in taxes than we have ever been able to save each year, for our own retirement and security.

Just imagine how much you could save if your taxes weren't so aggressive.

I'm sure it won't be long before some idiot comes along and tries to strawman an argument asking me if I want to give up police protection in favor of zero taxes or some other such nonsense. Somebody will take it to an extreme.

i suppose the Cheetos man avatar could be firing a rifle instead of an enormously huge, figment of his imagination?

:D

i suppose the Cheetos man avatar could be firing a rifle instead of an enormously huge, figment of his imagination?

:D

It's a fishing pole.

He's fishing for tuna.

:lol:
This reminds me of something....
My husband, God bless him and all male minds, is a song writer, musician, singer in his part time...and he wrote a song, called "Fishing Hole" many moons ago, that was a "play" on words and about him loosing a "girl friend", the fishing hole was the girlfriend, and ''a place to rest his Oar'' or where he "Sank his Ship" was...well...you know, place to "take care of business" as he calls it, his fishing hole, his girlfriend....and his "Fishing hole, now dried up" was losing this girlfriend :D It was done to the tune of Johnny be Good, or basically Rockabilly, it was funny as heck...quite talented, really, of him!!! :lol:

I don;t remember most of the words, but i need him to sing that one to me again tonight or give me the song words, and i will share! I swear, the way men think or can think, when it comes to sex, it never seems to amaze me! :lol:

I posted this on another message board a few years ago, I just thought I'd post it here to. Some of the numbers have gone up since I originally posted it. None of them have gone down.

Federal Income tax 19%
State Income tax 7.5%

The title of the OP is prescient.

The Democrats won't be satisfied 'til we all work for the government.

Federal Income tax 19%
State Income tax 7.5%

It's not just the democrats.

Federal Income tax 19%
State Income tax 7.5%

It's not just the democrats.

What Net nanny's blocked your avatar? Are you speaking about mods MM? I was unaware of that...? ;)

You don't work for the government. You're owned by them.

When Uncle Sam borrows 1 trillion dollars from China and promises to pay it back at interest, who do you think the Chinese just bought from our government? They bought YOU. They purchased YOUR labor.

The fruits of your work will be taken at gunpoint by Uncle Sam and handed back to China. If you refuse to pay your share you will be imprisoned and your income will be garnished once you are released.

That's the reality. You're not only working for Uncle Sam. Uncle Sam owns you. If you refuse to pay back the debts (most of which go to foreign countries and to private banks), every freedom that you've been promised will be forcibly taken from you.

When Uncle Sam borrows 1 trillion dollars from China and promises to pay it back at interest, who do you think the Chinese just bought from our government? They bought YOU. They purchased YOUR labor.

The fruits of your work will be taken at gunpoint by Uncle Sam and handed back to China. If you refuse to pay your share you will be imprisoned and your income will be garnished once you are released.

That's the reality. You're not only working for Uncle Sam. Uncle Sam owns you. If you refuse to pay back the debts (most of which go to foreign countries and to private banks), every freedom that you've been promised will be forcibly taken from you.
Slavery?

Slavery?

Bingo. Most people don't understand it when you tell them that under our federal reserve system, they are slaves. I've explained it in the simplest possible terms.

The difference between modern slavery and the old style slavery that we're familiar with is that in modern slavery, we are given control over how we choose to conduct our payments. We feel free because we can choose to open a business, live where we want, or seek the career that we choose.

But the one thing we cannot escape is that our government is enriching private banks and foreign interests at the cost of our labor. Is that a form of slavery? Absolutely, yes.

The politicians are the puppets they are being controlled by the real owners of this country...
It's not a Dem vs Repub thing, it's a who has all the money thing...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYIC0eZYEtI]YouTube - George Carlin -"Who Really Controls America"[/ame]

The government man that thought up taking taxes out of paychecks was a genius.

If everyone had to write a check to the IRS on April 15th...there'd be another revolution.

Federal Income tax 19%
State Income tax 7.5%

Have you ever heard of deductions?

New Topics

Forum List

Back