I wish MEN were.....

I wish to hell that women would get past this thing they have about their overwhelming desire and conviction that they can change a man to be what they want him to be. Frankly, it is a pain in the ass.

Why do you think they do that?

I honestly do not know. I have been straight up with women, most of my adult life (after I matured), and told them flat out that "What you see is what you get", but it doesn't make any difference. Years later, I hear, 'Yes, you told me that, but I thought............."

I wish to hell that women would get past this thing they have about their overwhelming desire and conviction that they can change a man to be what they want him to be. Frankly, it is a pain in the ass.

I'm in role reversal there too.... my husband wants me to be kind, loving, patient, a good cook, someone that is on top of things etc. I'm NONE of those things and he knew it when he married me!

I honestly do not know. I have been straight up with women, most of my adult life (after I matured), and told them flat out that "What you see is what you get", but it doesn't make any difference. Years later, I hear, 'Yes, you told me that, but I thought............."

Women (like men) think, "I'm the one that will make them want to change".... People think very highly of themselves and overestimate both themselves and others.....

PS - I have heard of people radically changing for others, but you REALLY have to love them selflessly. You have to love them so much they MAKE you want to be a better person. I have never met anyone like this myself, however, and I'm 51.

Forum List

Back