I wish MEN were.....

In 50 years I have learned one thing about women.... what they say they want, and actually want - are two very different things.
Generally speaking men are very open and up front about what they want - and - here is the kicker - it IS what they want. No games.
Women want YOU to somehow know what they want without them saying so. Men are really bad guessers when it comes to these things. Which is why men say all the time "I have no idea what she wants".
If there were women writing things in this thread - I would bet my house they never told their husband any of it.

Not currently. People still have fucked up, idealistic ideas about how relationships work. I mean, think about it. How many men do you know who expect their wife to do half of the work? How many women do you know who think he's only attracted to her? Dishonesty feeds dishonesty. The only way to break the vicious cycle is to sit down and have an honest conversation about what you want and what you have to offer in return.

I know my husband has lust for other women, I would suppose most women do (but maybe not?) - I don't get mad or cry if I think he finds another woman attractive. But I don't think that is the norm.

In 50 years I have learned one thing about women.... what they say they want, and actually want - are two very different things.
Generally speaking men are very open and up front about what they want - and - here is the kicker - it IS what they want. No games.
Women want YOU to somehow know what they want without them saying so. Men are really bad guessers when it comes to these things. Which is why men say all the time "I have no idea what she wants".
If there were women writing things in this thread - I would bet my house they never told their husband any of it.

I find the opposite in my relationship. I tell hubby want, and he either ignores it or, says I'm selfish.

I find the opposite in my relationship. I tell hubby want, and he either ignores it or, says I'm selfish.

How many years have you been married? (If you don't mind)

12 years

12 years

Yeah...your probably in the worst of it. I was going to guess between 7-10.
It is about this time when couples have fully taken each other for granted.
After so many years, they think their spouse isn't going anywhere so "he/she will get over it".

I know my husband has lust for other women, I would suppose most women do (but maybe not?) - I don't get mad or cry if I think he finds another woman attractive. But I don't think that is the norm.
It is.

This is part of the problem. Your marriage is about you. It's not his place to hold her accountable for what she wants or does. It's not his place to expect anything from her.

It is.

This is part of the problem. Your marriage is about you. It's not his place to hold her accountable for what she wants or does. It's not his place to expect anything from her.

I think most women DO get upset when their husbands notice other women. You disagree?

It is.

I think most women DO get upset when their husbands notice other women. You disagree?

Want husbands and boyfriends to lie and pretend they didn't notice, or be open and honest about it. Gonna notice either way. Only honesty is in play. And if ya'll let us be open about it, you can be too. :)

It is.

Want husbands and boyfriends to lie and pretend they didn't notice, or be open and honest about it. Gonna notice either way. Only honesty is in play. And if ya'll let us be open about it, you can be too. :)

most women can't handle the truth. I can. I even point out women for my husband, then he gets mad cause he says it means I don't care... whatever!!!

Besides, would you really trust a boyfriend or husband's driving if he didn't notice every pretty woman and thus doesn't see very well? :)

"I can make it over the tracks before the train hits us dear, trust me!"

"No!"

CRASH :)

If you could change one thing about men, what would it be?

A perfect memory?
An undying urge to spend money on you?
It could also just be a trait your man has that you wish he had...

Mine? An excellent cook (some are, but mine isn't...)

Just curious do you have a "GOLDEN VAGINA"

If you could change one thing about men, what would it be?

A perfect memory?
An undying urge to spend money on you?
It could also just be a trait your man has that you wish he had...

Mine? An excellent cook (some are, but mine isn't...)

You aren't asking for very much. I'm all of those things and much more.

I wish men valued LOVE more than SEX!
Ideally both partners would recognize that the relationship is about her happiness. Sex would simply be something he did to get her off and would end as soon as she was done. I don't really see how that involves "valuing" either of those things when both are done simply done for her sake.

I think that's crap. Men don't need to put women on a pedestal. It's not all about her.
It's about connection, unity, admiration and respect (mutual) -

I think you do if she has a golden vagina

I wish to hell that women would get past this thing they have about their overwhelming desire and conviction that they can change a man to be what they want him to be. Frankly, it is a pain in the ass.

I wish to hell that women would get past this thing they have about their overwhelming desire and conviction that they can change a man to be what they want him to be. Frankly, it is a pain in the ass.

Why do you think they do that?

Forum List

Back