I went to court this morning...

pvsi

VIP Member
Nov 17, 2013
For a stop sign violation, decided to contest the ticket. paid the $75 no seat belt violation for my wife, but decided to plead not guilty for myself for not stopping at the stop sign. it's in the small town, first of all the building address was clearly wrong on the letter I got in the mail from judge - on the letter it's 14 grant street, while the actual building is 12 grant street, when I finally found the right building after walking around in the rain, after I talked to some secretary behind the window, an officer (who gave me a citation) was the first person I saw besides one other woman. Officer asked me what am I doing here, if I wanted to make a deal or something, telling me that if I will go in front of the judge and be found guilty that I will also have points deducted, I explained that since I drove nearly an hour to court it's still worth for me to have a chance to tell my story for the judge, then the officer asked me if I wanted to schedule a hearing, I said I thought I was here for the hearing, I asked when can the hearing be scheduled,... the officer then took me to the court room it was me and him, he went into judges room, told the judge something like "you have a hearing" judge came out within a less than a minute, all rise, please be seated, etc. calls my fathers name (last name same as mine) I corrected the judge said that's my fathers name (car I was driving was in my father's name), both the officer and the judge shoveled some papers around, the officer tried to make it look like I was committing some kind of fraud, while I was trying to speak and explain (that the mistake must have been made because the car was in my father's name) judge didn't want me to speak, I kept my hand raised in hopes to get a chance to clear up confusion, then the officer (not the judge) said you're dismissed (I must have missed when the judge said it, he didn't say anything to me) I said to the judge "can I speak?" (assuming "dismissed" means I was found guilty) he repeated you're dismissed as in "not guilty" I double checked to make sure that my father is not responsible, officer said, no you're good. that's it...

just thought I'd share this. I never seem to have luck speaking in court - not when Verizon sued me and I lost (without getting a chance to speak) not attempting to sue the guy who shot my dogs, and not today. it seems somehow the law is afraid of me opening my mouth or something. unreal.

it seems somehow the law is afraid of me opening my mouth or something. unreal.

no one is afraid of you.

get it? maybe that type of delusion is why you are unable to convince anyone of your pov

oh...and ...

anyone who represents himself in court has a fool for a client and an ass for an attorney.

Legal Dictionary | Law.com

Your case was dismissed. You won.

I have seen lawyers try to talk after the judge has already ruled in their favor. This will generally annoy the judge, and you risk him changing his mind and ruling against you.

So when you're in court, you have to know when to speak, and when not to speak.

Once a judge has ruled in your favor, thank the judge, put your papers away in your briefcase, and leave the courtroom.

Your case was dismissed. You won.

I have seen lawyers try to talk after the judge has already ruled in their favor. This will generally annoy the judge, and you risk him changing his mind and ruling against you.

So when you're in court, you have to know when to speak, and when not to speak.

Once a judge has ruled in your favor, thank the judge, put your papers away in your briefcase, and leave the courtroom.
That's all I did. as I stated, I was raising my hand to explain what caused the name confusion, and after the court, my wife said how good that I did not call them as I planed to clear up my name when I first received the court date, because then they would have fixed the date and I probably would have ended up losing the case instead of winning due to technicality.

You went to court.

Was the officer who gave you the ticket there in the courtroom? If the officer wasn't there the ticket is automatically dismissed.

Despite the fact that you put it in a quote, it is still a pure insult you ding bat.

idiota.... you're the one who thinks the law is afraid of you and you have the cojones to call anyone else names.

:cuckoo:
This has nothing to do with fear and everything to do only with your statement that I quoted. Anyway, I felt it deserved a thread of its' own: http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...a-fool-for-a-client-and-ass-for-attorney.html

You went to court.

Was the officer who gave you the ticket there in the courtroom? If the officer wasn't there the ticket is automatically dismissed.
He was there as I indicated in OP

For a stop sign violation, decided to contest the ticket. paid the $75 no seat belt violation for my wife, but decided to plead not guilty for myself for not stopping at the stop sign. it's in the small town, first of all the building address was clearly wrong on the letter I got in the mail from judge - on the letter it's 14 grant street, while the actual building is 12 grant street, when I finally found the right building after walking around in the rain, after I talked to some secretary behind the window, an officer (who gave me a citation) was the first person I saw besides one other woman. Officer asked me what am I doing here, if I wanted to make a deal or something, telling me that if I will go in front of the judge and be found guilty that I will also have points deducted, I explained that since I drove nearly an hour to court it's still worth for me to have a chance to tell my story for the judge, then the officer asked me if I wanted to schedule a hearing, I said I thought I was here for the hearing, I asked when can the hearing be scheduled,... the officer then took me to the court room it was me and him, he went into judges room, told the judge something like "you have a hearing" judge came out within a less than a minute, all rise, please be seated, etc. calls my fathers name (last name same as mine) I corrected the judge said that's my fathers name (car I was driving was in my father's name), both the officer and the judge shoveled some papers around, the officer tried to make it look like I was committing some kind of fraud, while I was trying to speak and explain (that the mistake must have been made because the car was in my father's name) judge didn't want me to speak, I kept my hand raised in hopes to get a chance to clear up confusion, then the officer (not the judge) said you're dismissed (I must have missed when the judge said it, he didn't say anything to me) I said to the judge "can I speak?" (assuming "dismissed" means I was found guilty) he repeated you're dismissed as in "not guilty" I double checked to make sure that my father is not responsible, officer said, no you're good. that's it...

just thought I'd share this. I never seem to have luck speaking in court - not when Verizon sued me and I lost (without getting a chance to speak) not attempting to sue the guy who shot my dogs, and not today. it seems somehow the law is afraid of me opening my mouth or something. unreal.

Are you ChessWarsNow's long lost autistic brother?

Despite the fact that you put it in a quote, it is still a pure insult you ding bat.

idiota.... you're the one who thinks the law is afraid of you and you have the cojones to call anyone else names.

This has nothing to do with fear and everything to do only with your statement that I quoted. Anyway, I felt it deserved a thread of its' own: http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...a-fool-for-a-client-and-ass-for-attorney.html

you're the one who said the courts were afraid of you.

that makes you delusional.

Heck just showing up gets you a win half the time.

I've won cases against debt collectors just because they didn't bother showing up. And I was planning to negotiate a payment plan. Needless to say clients are happy when you save then thousands of dollars

Btw I don't have a problem representing myself in minor things. I have traffic court next month. Already worked out a deal with the officer.

It's amazing what you can do if you stick up for yourself, show up, and know when to shut up

you're the one who said the courts were afraid of you.

that makes you delusional.
I mentioned it at the end but I didn't beat on it, I was talking about your quote you got from lawyers web site

Forum List

Back