I Was Mistaken With Britain Being Awakened After 7/7

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
http://littlegreenfootballs.com/weblog/?entry=17477_UK_Tackles_Extremism&only
Links at site:
Andrew C. McCarthy on Tony Blair’s bizarre panel of terrorism advisers, consisting of radical Muslims: This Is “Tackling Extremism”?

After the 7/7 bombing attacks by Islamo-fascists that killed scores of Londoners, British Prime Minister Tony Blair announced with great fanfare that he would create a Home Office task force of committees to “tackle extremism.” The purpose, he asserted, was to confront “head on” the rise of radicalism among young Muslims.

How is it working out so far?

Well, first came the word that an invitation to participate in the effort had been extended to the media secretary for the Muslim Council of Britain, Inayat Bunglawala, known for his anti-Semitism, who refers to Osama bin Laden as a “freedom fighter,” and describes Sheikh Omar Abdel Rahman (“the blind sheikh” behind the 1993 World Trade Center bombing conspiracy) as “courageous.”

Next to join the team was Tariq Ramadan, a Swiss professor (and grandson of the founder of the Muslim Brotherhood) who has praised jihadists attacking Israeli and American forces. Ramadan has just recently landed on his feet in England (where he has been appointed to teach at St Anthony’s College at Oxford) after being banned from the United States and France.

Last week it was announced that coming aboard would be Yusuf Islam, better known as the pop singer Cat Stevens, who has become a “peace activist” since converting to Islam in the late 1970s — and an unusual one in that his appearance on a watch list due to what U.S. officials (according to Fox News) called “alleged associations with possible terrorists” caused a trans-Atlantic flight on which he was a passenger to be diverted last year.

And as we reported yesterday, the first recommendation of this all-star team was to ditch Holocaust Remembrance Day, because it is offensive to Muslims.
9:44 AM PDT

Kathianne said:

Andrew C. McCarthy on Tony Blair’s bizarre panel of terrorism advisers, consisting of radical Muslims: This Is “Tackling Extremism”?

After the 7/7 bombing attacks by Islamo-fascists that killed scores of Londoners, British Prime Minister Tony Blair announced with great fanfare that he would create a Home Office task force of committees to “tackle extremism.” The purpose, he asserted, was to confront “head on” the rise of radicalism among young Muslims.

How is it working out so far?

Well, first came the word that an invitation to participate in the effort had been extended to the media secretary for the Muslim Council of Britain, Inayat Bunglawala, known for his anti-Semitism, who refers to Osama bin Laden as a “freedom fighter,” and describes Sheikh Omar Abdel Rahman (“the blind sheikh” behind the 1993 World Trade Center bombing conspiracy) as “courageous.”

Next to join the team was Tariq Ramadan, a Swiss professor (and grandson of the founder of the Muslim Brotherhood) who has praised jihadists attacking Israeli and American forces. Ramadan has just recently landed on his feet in England (where he has been appointed to teach at St Anthony’s College at Oxford) after being banned from the United States and France.

Last week it was announced that coming aboard would be Yusuf Islam, better known as the pop singer Cat Stevens, who has become a “peace activist” since converting to Islam in the late 1970s — and an unusual one in that his appearance on a watch list due to what U.S. officials (according to Fox News) called “alleged associations with possible terrorists” caused a trans-Atlantic flight on which he was a passenger to be diverted last year.

And as we reported yesterday, the first recommendation of this all-star team was to ditch Holocaust Remembrance Day, because it is offensive to Muslims.
9:44 AM PDT
I believe Andrew C.McCarthy was the lead prosecutor
in the 1993 case.

You can bet your patootie he has given Blair a scorching
piece of his mind via personal communication.

WTF is Blair thinking anyway?!

nucular said:
"Rule Brittannia, Brittania rules the waves! The only good thing about England is Sherlock Holmes!"

Well, you sure did pick one of the great things about England. But if you leave out Westminster Abbey, your list is woefully incomplete!

Btw, I just saw a Canadian TV version of The Hound of the Baskervilles, starring Matt Frewer and Kenneth Welsh. It's sometimes hard to enjoy a non- Rathbone Holmes, but this one was very well done. Holmes took some getting used to, but Watson was a delight. The scenery/sets of the Baskerville Estate were the best I've seen.

Abbey Normal said:
Well, you sure did pick one of the great things about England. But if you leave out Westminster Abbey, your list is woefully incomplete!

Btw, I just saw a Canadian TV version of The Hound of the Baskervilles, starring Matt Frewer and Kenneth Welsh. It's sometimes hard to enjoy a non- Rathbone Holmes, but this one was very well done. Holmes too some getting used to, but Watson was a delight. The scenery/sets of the Baskerville Estate were the best I've seen.

I would love to see that! Actually I love the Jeremy Brett Holmes, which was the BBC series that did the entire canon. Matt Frewer is a good actor, so that must be great.

Westminster Abbey is awesome! I've been there several times. Once I was shocked to literally walk across Charles Darwin's grave. I didn't know he was buried there.

nucular said:
I would love to see that! Actually I love the Jeremy Brett Holmes, which was the BBC series that did the entire canon. Matt Frewer is a good actor, so that must be great.

Westminster Abbey is awesome! I've been there several times. Once I was shocked to literally walk across Charles Darwin's grave. I didn't know he was buried there.

Brett was really good, wasn't he? Very commanding. I did think that Frewer was a rather strange Holmes. It's hard to explain, though. Watson was great because he wasn't a bumbling idiot like in the Rathbone movies. Anyway, we bought this version in a store called "FYE". I don't know how widespread that store is, but if you want more info. from the package, just PM me.

Isn't the Abbey wonderful? It's the reason for my screen name. :)

Here is a small excerpt from Darwin's memorial service:

"...the Bishop of Carlisle, Harvey Goodwin, in a memorial sermon preached in the Abbey on the Sunday following the funeral, said “I think that the interment of the remains of Mr Darwin in Westminster Abbey is in accordance with the judgment of the wisest of his countrymen…It would have been unfortunate if anything had occurred to give weight and currency to the foolish notion which some have diligently propagated, but for which Mr Darwin was not responsible, that there is a necessary conflict between a knowledge of Nature and a belief in God…”.

• Thanks
Reactions: Nuc
Abbey Normal said:
"...the Bishop of Carlisle, Harvey Goodwin, in a memorial sermon preached in the Abbey on the Sunday following the funeral, said “I think that the interment of the remains of Mr Darwin in Westminster Abbey is in accordance with the judgment of the wisest of his countrymen…It would have been unfortunate if anything had occurred to give weight and currency to the foolish notion which some have diligently propagated, but for which Mr Darwin was not responsible, that there is a necessary conflict between a knowledge of Nature and a belief in God…”.

Thanks, that's the most useful thing I've read on this board.

nucular said:
Thanks, that's the most useful thing I've read on this board.

Well hey, nobody's coming into your home and tying you to the chair in front of the computer screen.

Forum List

Back