"I was a communist for the FBI"

MaryL

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2011
Midwestern U.S.
It was a 50's movie about communist paranoia. Or so I thought. I just watched what I thought was going to be a campy old title flick, seemed it would rather funny. Now? Not so much, it seems rather prophetic. Reminds me of the Casandra syndrome...

e52aa7be181ee52888064efea6354c88.png

• Banned
This film was made in 1951 (?) or there about. And I remember the bad old' days of McCarthyism, so I thought it might be funny or even taken as 50's political kitsch. But I was surprised. This film well done & acted...and the part where the communist agents agitate and cause civil unrest and race riots? Sound familiar? This movie reminded me of another 50's film (with a equally bad title) that was an allegory about communism... "Invasion of the body snatchers". Just can't judge book by its cover.

And I remember the bad old' days of McCarthyism, so I thought it might be funny or even taken as 50's political kitsch
I can't live in a whore's district any more than the Nazis of WWII could, and I don't know that the “workers” of any legitimate occupation were necessarily responsible for the arbitrary and capricious red-light district criminal charges continually brought on in a court of law by a predominantly Jewish “community” of government and civil service, not to mention the routine mayhem of circumcision inflicted on non-Jewish boys and girls as well as Jewish infants.

Forum List

Back