CDZ I want to know why it is acceptable to exclude homosexuals

Why are homosexuals still regarded by some as unworthy of the exact same rights we all,should enjoy?

If you really want an answer to this question, look at the behavior "some" homosexuals exhibit towards those who disagree with their lifestyle/genetic predisposition. Hostility, anger, intolerance, insensitivity.

Even if they weren't homosexuals, I would gather society would have no place for them all the same, there is no place for that kind of behavior.

How did you find your niche?

Why are homosexuals still regarded by some as unworthy of the exact same rights we all,should enjoy?

If you really want an answer to this question, look at the behavior "some" homosexuals exhibit towards those who disagree with their lifestyle/genetic predisposition. Hostility, anger, intolerance, insensitivity.

Even if they weren't homosexuals, I would gather society would have no place for them all the same, there is no place for that kind of behavior.

How did you find your niche?
You forgot the death threats.

I am not religious, so I am not speaking from my own perspective.
Having said that, in every religion homosexuality is not your "everyday" sin. It is a "high sin" if you will.
In the Protestant/Catholic/Jewish religions it is specifically written in the Bible as an "abomination", wicked.
So as a member of any of those religions it would still be wrong to refuse to serve in a restaurant, or to single out, ridicule or harm in any way as this is also a part of these religions. HOWEVER, they cannot be apart of something that goes against that religion. And gay marriage does. So it would be a sin against their beliefs to assist in a gay marriage.
You are either tolerant of that or intolerant.

In several of these threads I have given the above point...and in all of those thread, not one time has any of the gay rights supporters replied.

Because it is bullshit.

Having said that, in every religion homosexuality is not your "everyday" sin. It is a "high sin" if you will.
In the Protestant/Catholic/Jewish religions it is specifically written in the Bible as an "abomination", wicked.
So as a member of any of those religions it would still be wrong to refuse to serve in a restaurant, or to single out, ridicule or harm in any way as this is also a part of these religions. HOWEVER, they cannot be apart of something that goes against that religion. And gay marriage does. So it would be a sin against their beliefs to assist in a gay marriage.

In several of these threads I have given the above point...and in all of those thread, not one time has any of the gay rights supporters replied.

Because it is bullshit.

That's because it is bullshit.

Because it is bullshit.

What is bullshit, specifically?

Anyone who seeks to disadvantage someone based solely on his sexual orientation is a bigot.
It might be a disadvantage if someone can't buy your cake but that's life. It should go on unless you have a very frail ego. But it's interesting that you think anyone opposing pedophilia or bestiality is a bigot.

Why is it socially acceptable to regard the LGBT community as not worthy of civil rights?

Why has it become socially acceptable to regard Christians as bigots for standing up for their faith? Why can't the advocates, activists and backers of LGBT rights measure themselves by their own standards?
Haven't you heard? Agreeing everyone should have equal rights is not enough. Anyone who refuses to say butt sex is normal is a bigot.
Wrong.

Anyone who seeks to disadvantage someone based solely on his sexual orientation is a bigot.

Those who perceive homosexuality to be 'abnormal' are ignorant.

And still no one on the right has succeeded to provide objective, documented evidence justifying gay Americans be denied their civil rights, or otherwise discriminated against.

Homosexuality is abnormal. If it were the norm the human species would have gone extinct ages ago. And?

Before you jump to a wrong conclusion, I'm not saying that it's ok to treat those abnormal people poorly either. Just saying that homosexuality is abnormal.

Why is it socially acceptable to regard the LGBT community as not worthy of civil rights?

Why has it become socially acceptable to regard Christians as bigots for standing up for their faith? Why can't the advocates, activists and backers of LGBT rights measure themselves by their own standards?
Because the Constitution sets the standard. Christians need to be polite to everyone in the public square who are going about their business. You are a victimizer, TK, not a victim.

TK: Why has it become socially acceptable to regard Christians as bigots for standing up for their faith?

I am sure the KKK asked that.

As stated in the OP, this thread is not about wedding vendors or agendas. I just seek some honest answers.
I don't want to repress gays. I simply want nothing to do with them. And I'm called a hater for it. Go figure.
But, taking you on the totality of your postings on the board on the subject, you would repress them if you could. And when you and they are in public, be polite.

I don't want to exclude anyone from their civil rights.

That said, why should I even know if a person is gay or not?

Isn't that a private matter?

What we have in this whole "gay" thing is a diversion from the real problems of the country.

"Gay rights" won't fix roads, educate out dumbass kids, defend the nation, solve the issue of multi-generational poverty and dependence, or fix the issue of corruption in government.

Of course, that is exactly why it is the focus of media and governmental attention.

What we have in this whole "gay" thing is a diversion from the real problems of the country.

"Gay rights" won't fix roads, educate out dumbass kids, defend the nation, solve the issue of multi-generational poverty and dependence, or fix the issue of corruption in government.

Of course, that is exactly why it is the focus of media and governmental attention.
You must not think that much about our nation if you believe we cannot fix roads, educate our children, defend our shores, solve poverty and yet not extend equal rights to every citizen.

You must not think that much about our nation if you believe we cannot fix roads, educate our children, defend our shores, solve poverty and yet not extend equal rights to every citizen.
Are we doing it?

EOM

Are we doing it?

EOM
I pray we are doing our level best. So why deny Gays the exact same rights you and I enjoy? What makes them such an easy punching bag?

Why is it so easy for you to dismiss equal treatment under law as a mere diversion?

I can't speak for you, but equal rights in a nation that bills itself as the "Land of the Free" is a lie unless all its citizens who have not committed crimes are not free. That's my political priority. Not candidates or incumbents and how much we either hate or adore them. That's just silly for a thinking person to be involved with. If you truly cherish your citizenship you should jealously advocate for equality.

Because if some of us are free while others are not, none of us is truly free.

Why do some people still believe that homosexuals should still be repressed. Would some have homosexuals return to closeted lives? Would they have them lose their jobs, their reputations, their credit worthiness? Would some people want a return of sodomy laws and criminalize homosexuals?

To what purpose?

Homosexuals are tax payers, property owners, business men and women, they serve our nation proudly. What makes them so worthy of scorn?

I don't want to discuss wedding vendors. I don't want to talk about 'agendas'. I want to talk about the rational behind the thoughts of exclusion, of disrespect, of denial of basic rights.

Why are the Gays so vilified by some folks?

Gays have always been in our community, our workplace, our schools, government, civic organizations, churches and yes, in our families. What makes your neighbors, your fellow citizens unworthy of the exact same rights other Americans enjoy?

Homosexuals are not committing crimes by simply being homosexual. For every bit of what is perceived as homosexual perversion, heterosexuals produce three more.

The question is: Why is it socially acceptable to regard the LGBT community as not worthy of civil rights?

I don't think it is socially acceptable. Certainly not in any of my social circles.

But if you're referring to political circus surrounding the idea of extending protected-class status to gays, you may be missing the point. The problem with the protected-class/PA laws is that they abandon equal rights in favor of special privilege. I don't see any reason why gays should be excluded from the protected-class gravy train, but they why should any of us be excluded?

Are we doing it?

EOM
I pray we are doing our level best. So why deny Gays the exact same rights you and I enjoy? What makes them such an easy punching bag?

Why is it so easy for you to dismiss equal treatment under law as a mere diversion?

I can't speak for you, but equal rights in a nation that bills itself as the "Land of the Free" is a lie unless all its citizens who have not committed crimes are not free. That's my political priority. Not candidates or incumbents and how much we either hate or adore them. That's just silly for a thinking person to be involved with. If you truly cherish your citizenship you should jealously advocate for equality.

Because if some of us are free while others are not, none of us is truly free.
What rights are they denied? They are getting married, they are getting jobs, what else?

Why do some people still believe that homosexuals should still be repressed. Would some have homosexuals return to closeted lives? Would they have them lose their jobs, their reputations, their credit worthiness? Would some people want a return of sodomy laws and criminalize homosexuals?

To what purpose?

Homosexuals are tax payers, property owners, business men and women, they serve our nation proudly. What makes them so worthy of scorn?

I don't want to discuss wedding vendors. I don't want to talk about 'agendas'. I want to talk about the rational behind the thoughts of exclusion, of disrespect, of denial of basic rights.

Gays have always been in our community, our workplace, our schools, government, civic organizations, churches and yes, in our families. What makes your neighbors, your fellow citizens unworthy of the exact same rights other Americans enjoy?

Homosexuals are not committing crimes by simply being homosexual. For every bit of what is perceived as homosexual perversion, heterosexuals produce three more.

The question is: Why is it socially acceptable to regard the LGBT community as not worthy of civil rights?

I don't think it is socially acceptable. Certainly not in any of my social circles.

But if you're referring to political circus surrounding the idea of extending protected-class status to gays, you may be missing the point. The problem with the protected-class/PA laws is that they abandon equal rights in favor of special privilege. I don't see any reason why gays should be excluded from the protected-class gravy train, but they why should any of us be excluded?
So if protected class judicial edicts were eliminated, would you be fine with marriage equality?

To what purpose?

So if protected class judicial edicts were eliminated, would you be fine with marriage equality?

Yep. I'm attending one this summer.

Forum List

Back