CDZ I want to know why it is acceptable to exclude homosexuals

Nosmo King

Gold Member
Aug 31, 2009
Buckle of the Rust Belt
Why do some people still believe that homosexuals should still be repressed. Would some have homosexuals return to closeted lives? Would they have them lose their jobs, their reputations, their credit worthiness? Would some people want a return of sodomy laws and criminalize homosexuals?

To what purpose?

Homosexuals are tax payers, property owners, business men and women, they serve our nation proudly. What makes them so worthy of scorn?

I don't want to discuss wedding vendors. I don't want to talk about 'agendas'. I want to talk about the rational behind the thoughts of exclusion, of disrespect, of denial of basic rights.

Why are the Gays so vilified by some folks?

Gays have always been in our community, our workplace, our schools, government, civic organizations, churches and yes, in our families. What makes your neighbors, your fellow citizens unworthy of the exact same rights other Americans enjoy?

Homosexuals are not committing crimes by simply being homosexual. For every bit of what is perceived as homosexual perversion, heterosexuals produce three more.

The question is: Why is it socially acceptable to regard the LGBT community as not worthy of civil rights?

Last edited:
That's a very good question. I don't understand it. Those that don't want homosexuals getting married I believe their reason is because the believe it is a sin. But living together, according to the Bible, is a sin too, and most of these homosexuals are already living together, so why is their getting married worse?

Also, we have a lot of young people that live together (heterosexual) but none of these homophobes make as big a noise about that as they do about homosexuals. Maybe some that live together and are not married, are not Christian, in which case, they don't feel or care that they are committing a sin, but then, some homosexuals are not Christian either, so why should they be held to a different standard?

I also don't understand why anyone thinks that homosexuals being married is going to infringe or damage their own marriage. Heterosexual marriages are damaged on a daily basis by either partner committing adultery, yet we don't see any of these gay hating people, that pretend to be so righteous, going after them.

Anyway, gays are human beings, just like everyone else and they deserve to be treated like human beings. Where does anyone get the idea that being hateful to another human being is Christian?

In the public square, excluding homosexuals or any other citizens is stupid and may be illegal.

A far right reactionary should stop trying to religious morals or ethics of another person, period.

Last edited:
Why is it socially acceptable to regard the LGBT community as not worthy of civil rights?

Why has it become socially acceptable to regard Christians as bigots for standing up for their faith? Why can't the advocates, activists and backers of LGBT rights measure themselves by their own standards?

How are you standing up for your faith? What faith/religion advocates being discriminatory toward another human being. I know Christians are not supposed to....Jesus said, love your neighbor as yourself, and your neighbor is any other human being. Do you throw them out of your church?

Why is it socially acceptable to regard the LGBT community as not worthy of civil rights?

Why has it become socially acceptable to regard Christians as bigots for standing up for their faith? Why can't the advocates, activists and backers of LGBT rights measure themselves by their own standards?
As stated in the OP, this thread is not about wedding vendors or agendas. I just seek some honest answers.

A good Liberal should not repress the beliefs, morals, or mores of any human being for whatever reason.

Yet they do, for reasons of their own.
Just stick to the question. There are plenty of threads with whining civil rights activists and whinnier Christians with new found dogma.

Why are homosexuals still regarded by some as unworthy of the exact same rights we all,should enjoy?

As stated in the OP, this thread is not about wedding vendors or agendas. I just seek some honest answers.

Did I mention weddings? As I can see, your OP is addressing the agenda of "some" who would exclude or mistreat homosexuals. You have violated the very rules of your own thread.

And that answer is as honest as it gets. Not everyone sees it as "socially acceptable" to exclude anyone from anything. It's when that demand for inclusion results in the alienation of others who hold some other belief or opinion. It becomes counterproductive, and those who fought against intolerance become the very thing they fought against.

Please, I politely request you answer my questions.

Last edited:
Why are homosexuals still regarded by some as unworthy of the exact same rights we all,should enjoy?

If you really want an answer to this question, look at the behavior "some" homosexuals exhibit towards those who disagree with their lifestyle/genetic predisposition. Hostility, anger, intolerance, insensitivity.

Even if they weren't homosexuals, I would gather society would have no place for them all the same, there is no place for that kind of behavior.

Did I mention weddings? As I can see, your OP is addressing the agenda of "some" who would exclude or mistreat homosexuals. You have violated the very rules of your own thread.

And that answer is as honest as it gets. Not everyone sees it as "socially acceptable" to exclude anyone from anything. It's when that demand for inclusion results in the alienation of others who hold some other belief or opinion. It becomes counterproductive, and those who fought against intolerance become the very thing they fought against.

Please, I politely request you answer my questions.
I do not believe that every pers on of faith feels it's okay to disrespect the rights of Gays. I am a Christian and, in my faith there is no emphasized disdain for homosexuals. I have yet to meet anyone who openly expresses any concern about homosexuals, therefore I think it unfair and unduly inflammatory to use 'all' when regarding those who are at ease with repressing the Gays.

If you really want an answer to this question, look at the behavior "some" homosexuals exhibit towards those who disagree with their lifestyle/genetic predisposition. Hostility, anger, intolerance, insensitivity.

Even if they weren't homosexuals, I would gather society would have no place for them all the same, there is no place for that kind of behavior.
Hasn't every repressed group acted out? How do you suppose they became no longer repressed?

I don't want to repress gays. I simply want nothing to do with them. And I'm called a hater for it. Go figure.

Hasn't every repressed group acted out? How do you suppose they became no longer repressed?

Who is being repressed? If you want to see real repression, look across the ocean to the middle east. I find this whole idea of homosexual "repression" in the US to be absurd. If that were true, our legal system would be geared in such a way where the law would not recognize their rights, nor would it ever.

As I see it, the courts are granting gays rights all the time. "Repression," ha!

I have yet to meet anyone who openly expresses any concern about homosexuals

Well, when you surround yourself or choose to associate with people who have no issue with it, naturally you won't. There are plenty of people who have an issue with it. To say otherwise is dishonest.

I think it unfair and unduly inflammatory to use 'all' when regarding those who are at ease with repressing the Gays.

Enough with this "repression" meme. Do you even know what that word means? Or how its used? I will ask once again, who is repressing homosexuals, how are they being "repressed?"

I don't see any repression, seeing as how being gay in America doesn't cost you your freedom or your life.

Last edited:
It's for the most part the consequence of fear and ignorance – fear of change, diversity, and dissent.

Indeed, many perceive gay Americans expressing their individual liberty as some sort of a 'threat,' a 'threat' to society, to religion, to 'social order'; where if the dissent of gay Americans is allowed and condoned, all other manner of dissent will follow, causing society to 'fall apart,' the consequence of 'moral decay.'

And unfortunately this fear and ignorance soon manifest as hate against gay Americans.

It's for the most part the consequence of fear and ignorance – fear of change, diversity, and dissent.

Indeed, many perceive gay Americans expressing their individual liberty as some sort of a 'threat,' a 'threat' to society, to religion, to 'social order'; where if the dissent of gay Americans is allowed and condoned, all other manner of dissent will follow, causing society to 'fall apart,' the consequence of 'moral decay.'

And unfortunately this fear and ignorance soon manifest as hate against gay Americans.
acceptance of the gay lifestyle is a form of moral decay. history teaches that moral decay has destroyed more nations than anything else.

How are you standing up for your faith? What faith/religion advocates being discriminatory toward another human being. I know Christians are not supposed to....Jesus said, love your neighbor as yourself, and your neighbor is any other human being. Do you throw them out of your church?
The better question is: “why does one perceive his faith as being 'under attack,'” when in fact it's not.

There is no need to 'stand up for one's faith' when no one is advocating his faith be in any way 'disadvantaged.'

The better question is: “why does one perceive his faith as being 'under attack,'” when in fact it's not.

There is no need to 'stand up for one's faith' when no one is advocating his faith be in any way 'disadvantaged.'
xxxxxxxxxx. Asking someone to do something that they find morally reprehensible is an attack. duh!

If the faith claims that homosexuality is a sin, then not being homosexual is all that is required. Some Christians do not really understand Christianity and take it upon themselves to play God.

acceptance of the gay lifestyle is a form of moral decay. history teaches that moral decay has destroyed more nations than anything else.

So, do you think by demeaning them that you are going to get rid of gays? You don't accept a gay lifestyle by simply allowing them to have the same rights that other Americans have.

Forum List

Back