I voted for Dick Nixon in 1968

Psychoblues

Nov 30, 2003
North Missisippi
I voted again for him in 1972. I appreciated his public dialogue that he was going to end the Viet Nam War and bring our soldiers home. I accepted his rhetoric that the Viet Nam War was ethically WRONG but morally impossible to end without resolution. With that, I did my duty and served in Viet Nam 3 times between 1968 and 1972. I did not seek refuge in Canada, or any other foriegn country or even in the National Guard that was commonly known at that time to be an escape from the draft and not used for foreign combat operations. I joined, willingly, the United States Air Force and agreed to accept whatever duty might be assigned to me.

That said, I could not vote for Gerald Ford in 1976. By that time I had come to know that Dick Nixon was not morally opposed to the Viet Nam War but moreso he believed the war to be tactically impossible and strategically unimportant. The Tonkin Gulf was trumped by Saudi promises of hydrocarbon delivery. I wish that he had said as much in 1968.

The War On Terror is certainly strategically important. Tactically possible? I've seen no credible plan, military-wise. American goodwill has always been there. The voices of the disenchanted are aimed at the American corporate infractions. So, what are young, non-corporate and even corporate ignorant Americans doing fighting for the security of CORPORATIONS? True CAPITALISM isn't working in this scenario. In other words, common Americans are dying and suffering to protect the interests of Corporations and doing so at taxpayers expense and without the expected support of the corporations that are in such need of this support. Are you getting my drift?

The terrorists are not interested in restricting my freedoms. They are, however, interested in keeping our noses out of their businesses and mutual welfare. I would expect the same and I would expect the same from any true red-blooded American.

I would submit that this is not a WAR on Americans or on Terrorism. It is a WAR on over-reaching and a WAR on un-called for interventionism of indiginious religions, regional assets and political propensities that somehow differ from our own.

I don't forgive anything that is unjustifiably directed towards me personally. But, I don't claim innocense while lying in the arms of the demonstrated aggressor either. You getting my drift, here?

Although I am very proud of my work in Viet Nam, it was, as is now widely known, unjustified. I continue to be proud of my work in Grenada, Panama and in Persian Gulf I. I am also proud of my contributions in Korea. I am also proud of our soldiers work in Afganistan and their efforts towards the dissolution, nay, the disembowelment, of the Al Queda. I really don't know what to think of our occupation of Iraq. I suspect that history will reveal that it was also "unimportant", unwise, trumped-up on false accusations, etc. I guess now you are getting my drift?

Psychoblues

Psychoblues said:
I voted again for him in 1972. I appreciated his public dialogue that he was going to end the Viet Nam War and bring our soldiers home. I accepted his rhetoric that the Viet Nam War was ethically WRONG but morally impossible to end without resolution. With that, I did my duty and served in Viet Nam 3 times between 1968 and 1972. I did not seek refuge in Canada, or any other foriegn country or even in the National Guard that was commonly known at that time to be an escape from the draft and not used for foreign combat operations. I joined, willingly, the United States Air Force and agreed to accept whatever duty might be assigned to me.

Finally. If you had brought this out intially when you first started posting you wouldn't have been slammed so much about your military service.

That said, I could not vote for Gerald Ford in 1976. By that time I had come to know that Dick Nixon was not morally opposed to the Viet Nam War but moreso he believed the war to be tactically impossible and strategically unimportant. The Tonkin Gulf was trumped by Saudi promises of hydrocarbon delivery. I wish that he had said as much in 1968.

Vietnam was at its peak in 68 and there was little focus on anything else in the world by the general public.

The War On Terror is certainly strategically important. Tactically possible? I've seen no credible plan, military-wise. American goodwill has always been there. The voices of the disenchanted are aimed at the American corporate infractions. So, what are young, non-corporate and even corporate ignorant Americans doing fighting for the security of CORPORATIONS? True CAPITALISM isn't working in this scenario. In other words, common Americans are dying and suffering to protect the interests of Corporations and doing so at taxpayers expense and without the expected support of the corporations that are in such need of this support. Are you getting my drift?

You have seen no credible plan militarywise because you have no reason or authority to see such a plan. Plans can be made public when its all over and done. The voices of the disinchanted are aimed at the military and current administration. As they always have. If they were aimed at corporations then they would be protesting in front of those corporations and naming them. Corporations are a part of this country, and that's what our military is fighting for.

The terrorists are not interested in restricting my freedoms. They are, however, interested in keeping our noses out of their businesses and mutual welfare. I would expect the same and I would expect the same from any true red-blooded American.

Your right, they aren't interested in restricting your freedom, they are interested in killing you. They are not freedom fighters, they are murdering thugs who want to totally destroy the west and our way of life. They want to impose their will on us. They want us to follow their beliefs.

I would submit that this is not a WAR on Americans or on Terrorism. It is a WAR on over-reaching and a WAR on un-called for interventionism of indiginious religions, regional assets and political propensities that somehow differ from our own.

This makes no sense. Over reaching how? Uncalled for interventionalism? They have been attack us for the laset 20 plus years. I think its time for intervention. And interdiction. They don't want to get along with us they want us dead.

I don't forgive anything that is unjustifiably directed towards me personally. But, I don't claim innocense while lying in the arms of the demonstrated aggressor either. You getting my drift, here?

Are you saying the US is the aggressor here? is that your "drift"? What part of we were attacked don't you understand?

Although I am very proud of my work in Viet Nam, it was, as is now widely known, unjustified. I continue to be proud of my work in Grenada, Panama and in Persian Gulf I. I am also proud of my contributions in Korea. I am also proud of our soldiers work in Afganistan and their efforts towards the dissolution, nay, the disembowelment, of the Al Queda. I really don't know what to think of our occupation of Iraq. I suspect that history will reveal that it was also "unimportant", unwise, trumped-up on false accusations, etc. I guess now you are getting my drift?

In the long run Vietnam was justified as it was a front in the cold war. kinda like a battle withing a battle. Tactically botched up but strategically important. Iraq is another front on the terror war. History will show you to be wrong again. Iraq will over time prove to be the most strategic part of a free and prosperous mideast. Its a stepping stone.

Psychoblues
I get your drift, your way left and way off course.

Psychoblues said:

Psychoblues

I think I get your drift too. American capitalism is the real enemy here and we should not try to defend it. Where exactly would we be if we did not defend our economic system?. Bin laden is counting on people like you for his success, preying on people who are unaware of his motivation to destroy America economically and infitering our country with more and more muslims.

Europe has already seen the success in his strategy. They just decided not to lose any lives by fighting it and just are giving up thier way of life. They allowed mulims in for the cheap labor just as America has invited in the Mexicans. Now the Muslim way of life is a powerful influence in Europe and must be given respect due to sheer numbers.

dilloduck said:
I think I get your drift too. American capitalism is the real enemy here and we should not try to defend it. Where exactly would we be if we did not defend our economic system?. Bin laden is counting on people like you for his success, preying on people who are unaware of his motivation to destroy America economically and infitering our country with more and more muslims.

Europe has already seen the success in his strategy. They just decided not to lose any lives by fighting it and just are giving up thier way of life. They allowed mulims in for the cheap labor just as America has invited in the Mexicans. Now the Muslim way of life is a powerful influence in Europe and must be given respect due to sheer numbers.

:clap:

Where do you get it that bin Laden is intent on destroying Capitalism? bin Laden is a great example of how corporations can garner and use wealth to destroy or at least intimidate competition whether political or military. Even the family of bin Laden was afforded special consideration and flown out of the United States post 9-11 when all the rest of us were under "air-arrest." Was that a corporate or political decision? I really don't know and you, like I, will probably never know.

bin Laden certainly knows the fundamentals of corporatism. And he uses those fundamentals every chance he gets.

Psychoblues

I just can't understand this delusion liberals live under. What part of "they want us DEAD" is beyond comprehension? What Part of 9/11 did you miss?

It is radical Islam's STATED goal to take over the world, and if you don't convert, you die. That just isn't a hard concept to grasp.

So WHERE do the blinders come from?

Forum List

Back