I Told You So! BP PR Ad-$20 billion kitty.

Care4all

Warrior Princess
Mar 24, 2007
Maine
Well, others have been complaining that BP had to put 20 billion in the kitty for those that have been hurt through their negligence...

I posted at least twice on the various threads on this, that Obama DID NOT FORCE BP to put this money in the kitty....that this was probably BP's PR idea in the first place....

And low and behold, last night, less than a week from Obama's statement of the BP 20 billion kitty....

I see, a BP ad on tv...with a black man talking all about BP putting this money in the kitty to HELP YOU, of the gulf region, through this unfortunate situation....that THEY ARE THERE FOR YOU....

this was ALL BP'S idea, and for PR purposes....

NO ONE FORCED bp to do this with Obama....as republicans are crying a river about....

this was what BP's PR team TOLD them to do...and NOW, just 5 days later they have an entire ad campaign running, that uses this for their benefit.

It takes much longer than 5 days to create an ad for television...I was in the marketing business so I know this as FACT.....

This means that BP had been working on this ad quite a bit, BEFORE Obama's announcement on this....it means it was BP's idea and that no one at BP was FORCED to do such.

Well, others have been complaining that BP had to put 20 billion in the kitty for those that have been hurt through their negligence...

I posted at least twice on the various threads on this, that Obama DID NOT FORCE BP to put this money in the kitty....that this was probably BP's PR idea in the first place....

And low and behold, last night, less than a week from Obama's statement of the BP 20 billion kitty....

I see, a BP ad on tv...with a black man talking all about BP putting this money in the kitty to HELP YOU, of the gulf region, through this unfortunate situation....that THEY ARE THERE FOR YOU....

this was ALL BP'S idea, and for PR purposes....

NO ONE FORCED bp to do this with Obama....as republicans are crying a river about....

this was what BP's PR team TOLD them to do...and NOW, just 5 days later they have an entire ad campaign running, that uses this for their benefit.

It takes much longer than 5 days to create an ad for television...I was in the marketing business so I know this as FACT.....

This means that BP had been working on this ad quite a bit, BEFORE Obama's announcement on this....it means it was BP's idea and that no one at BP was FORCED to do such.

i agree that this was BP's idea all along, so i guess that means that obama shouldn't get any credit for this despite the protestations of his partisans to the contrary.

remind me again of what a great job he's doing, please. :)

Del, I have never said Obama FORCED them to do this nor that obama was FASCIST in doing so....but the right wing was stuck on this.....and some like Chris on the left were.

As far as Obama's job....McCain/Palin.... would have been NO BETTER imho....Hillary, is another story....she could have been better than the 2 choices on election day.

Del, I have never said Obama FORCED them to do this nor that obama was FASCIST in doing so....but the right wing was stuck on this.....and some like Chris on the left were.

As far as Obama's job....McCain/Palin.... would have been NO BETTER imho....Hillary, is another story....she could have been better than the 2 choices on election day.

If Hillary was Prez do you think she would be baking "tar ball" cookies?

If Hillary was Prez do you think she would be baking "tar ball" cookies?

Just for you! specially made and hand delivered! :lol:

I was channel surfing last week and caught Mike Huckabee saying on his TV show that $20 billion was probably not going to be enough. It's actually $5 billion each year for 4 years. I agree. Way to go, Obama. He just wanted to try to look good. I guess Barack is so used to taking bribes that he didn't think about what might go wrong. And if the Federal Government had just waited and taken BP to court, the $20 billion would've been a nice little down payment. Can we impeach Obama now?

I was channel surfing last week and caught Mike Huckabee saying on his TV show that $20 billion was probably not going to be enough. It's actually $5 billion each year for 4 years. I agree. Way to go, Obama. He just wanted to try to look good. I guess Barack is so used to taking bribes that he didn't think about what might go wrong. And if the Federal Government had just waited and taken BP to court, the $20 billion would've been a nice little down payment. Can we impeach Obama now?

is there something that you know about that says this is the ONLY money BP will put forward and not just a token amount to begin with?

pajesus you guys are such whiners, it litterally is getting me to the point of never listening to any of you again.... can you get by one day without bashing our president X? sheesh, what childish, toddler like behavior... enough of the bullcrap......please! GROW UP

Fox news reports that BP does business with Iran. Screw BP and their 20 billion dollars and screw you know who too.

"Tomorrow, I will meet with the chairman of BP and inform him that he is to set aside whatever resources are required to compensate the workers and business owners who have been harmed as a result of his company’s recklessness.

And this fund will not be controlled by BP. In order to ensure that all legitimate claims are paid out in a fair and timely manner, the account must and will be administered by an independent third party." Barack Obama

Transcript: Obama’s oil speech from Oval Office – Central Florida Political Pulse – Orlando Sentinel

So, these words were just hype for the masses and the suit is still empty? So who's calling the shots in this crisis.. Obama or BP?

"Tomorrow, I will meet with the chairman of BP and inform him that he is to set aside whatever resources are required to compensate the workers and business owners who have been harmed as a result of his company’s recklessness.

And this fund will not be controlled by BP. In order to ensure that all legitimate claims are paid out in a fair and timely manner, the account must and will be administered by an independent third party." Barack Obama

Transcript: Obama’s oil speech from Oval Office – Central Florida Political Pulse – Orlando Sentinel

So, these words were just hype for the masses and the suit is still empty? So who's calling the shots in this crisis.. Obama or BP?

yep, they were hype....because there is no way BP could be FORCED to do such a thing!

Just watch who controls the money, where it goes, how long it takes to get there, how much gets skimmed off as salary to handlers, consultant fees, maybe even a new Czar and staff ... things like that.

Twenty billion dollars can buy a lot of votes.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Vel

is there something that you know about that says this is the ONLY money BP will put forward and not just a token amount to begin with?

pajesus you guys are such whiners, it litterally is getting me to the point of never listening to any of you again.... can you get by one day without bashing our president X? sheesh, what childish, toddler like behavior... enough of the bullcrap......please! GROW UP

I was this close to neg-repping your stupid ass. You are one of the most brainless libtards on this board. You never listen to anything that goes against your liberal mindset and you somehow believe (stupidly I might add) that anyone against Obama is a 'Whiner'. You and your ilk's ability to stick to the liberal playbook no matter how ridiculous is nothing short of neurotic. And when I point out that Obama is acting just like Bush making him Bush-III, you guys really lose it. Sad. Very sad.

No, $20 billion may not be all they will pay, but as you pointed out, that was BP's idea. Wonderful. Obama gets a bunch of money from BP during his political campaign, so I wouldn't be so trusting of his decisions with BP. And let's not forget the rash decision of the Obama administration to shut down for six months all drilling in over 500 feet of water highlights the converse risk of regulatory overreaction. WTH? Why impose a ban on competitors with better safety records? That's just going to drive the cost of oil through the roof and put people out of work.

Obama is a rank amateur who is very bad for this country. But please feel free to support such an idiot. That's your right.

• Thanks

Care doesn't know. She is so wrapped around Obama and liberalism that she can't see straight. It's pathetic. Here's my recommendation:

Psychiatrists, Find a Psychiatrist, Psychiatrist Directory, Listing of Psychiatrists

NEVER :lol:

What do you call it when the Attorney General starts a criminal investigation, and then sits in on the negotiating session on the escrow fund topic?

Just watch who controls the money, where it goes, how long it takes to get there, how much gets skimmed off as salary to handlers, consultant fees, maybe even a new Czar and staff ... things like that.

Indeed. Let's see how much ends up in the rebranded ACORN network for "job counselling" efforts among the those who make less than $24K per year (Obama's last bastion of support) right before the election.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
BP is trying to do what all corporations try to do. Turn a negative into a positive.

And I do not care what Obama does he will be at fault to many in this country.

What do you call it when the Attorney General starts a criminal investigation, and then sits in on the negotiating session on the escrow fund topic?
I don't think I would be comfortable with it, if it were true or what would be behind him doing such?

Is the Attorney General representing the people that were harmed?

Indeed. Let's see how much ends up in the rebranded ACORN network for "job counselling" efforts among the those who make less than $24K per year (Obama's last bastion of support) right before the election.

gawd almighty...you guys need to grow up....sheesh, beyond silly boe! :cuckoo:

NEVER :lol:

Well that I already knew! :lol:

Forum List

Back