I told the wife. Trump lost re-election on 18 December.

I told her why. I’ll give you the shorter version. Between the wall, and the bump stocks, on top of the behavior of Trump, re-election is now just not possible.

When a President has an Idea, that is a good thing usually. But that idea has to be worked out before it is presented to the public. Lawyers have to examine it to see if it is legal. If it affects anything international, it has to be considered by the State Deparment to see if it violates any Treaties, Agreemets, or Understandings. In other words, it takes time to present the idea to the public. It isn’t done in a Tweet at 3AM, as the President has the flash of an idea.

This makes the International Community nervous. It makes the business environment nervous, and it makes people nervous. Because they don’t know what brainstorm the President is going to have that will upset the apple cart in the middle of the night. That is why you have a Chief Of Staff, and a staff in general. You talk to them, to find out what is politically possible. Politics is the art of the Possible.

You don’t make definitive statements like “I’m going to Veto this bill if it doesn’t fund the wall.” You don’t make them because you can’t walk it back and look like anything but a loser. When you do walk it back, or give up on it, then whatever political capital you have built up is gone.

You don’t follow it up with more money than the wall would have cost, paid to the nations where the illegal immigrants are coming from, to hopefully encourage them to stay there. US pledges $10.6B aid for Central America, southern Mexico

The cost of Illegal Immigration this year, starts at at least ten billion dollars. It can’t be viewed as anything but a loss to Trump. Because he folded days before the deadline.

If you make something a central issue to your administration, and you credit it with your election, you can’t just abandon it and hope the voters will still turn out because they still support you. We have enough experience with lying politicians not to be impressed by one more.

If Trump runs, and wins the Nomination, he will lose the General, and the reason why is December 18th 2018. That was the day he lost.
taking away my bumpstock, giving money to mexico, and not building the wall will certainly erode his base.
...it makes him a progressive

Well when he runs in 2020 and wins you can get back to us.
How is he supposed to win from a jail cell? :dunno:

How can he be indicted if he wins in 2020? Are you hoping for impeachment?
Not going to happen with a GOP Senate and the chikin shit "crimes" that Mueller and the dems are whining about.

This may help your cause......lol

2011-06-27-Sacrificial-Virgin.jpg

I told her why. I’ll give you the shorter version. Between the wall, and the bump stocks, on top of the behavior of Trump, re-election is now just not possible.

When a President has an Idea, that is a good thing usually. But that idea has to be worked out before it is presented to the public. Lawyers have to examine it to see if it is legal. If it affects anything international, it has to be considered by the State Deparment to see if it violates any Treaties, Agreemets, or Understandings. In other words, it takes time to present the idea to the public. It isn’t done in a Tweet at 3AM, as the President has the flash of an idea.

This makes the International Community nervous. It makes the business environment nervous, and it makes people nervous. Because they don’t know what brainstorm the President is going to have that will upset the apple cart in the middle of the night. That is why you have a Chief Of Staff, and a staff in general. You talk to them, to find out what is politically possible. Politics is the art of the Possible.

You don’t make definitive statements like “I’m going to Veto this bill if it doesn’t fund the wall.” You don’t make them because you can’t walk it back and look like anything but a loser. When you do walk it back, or give up on it, then whatever political capital you have built up is gone.

You don’t follow it up with more money than the wall would have cost, paid to the nations where the illegal immigrants are coming from, to hopefully encourage them to stay there. US pledges $10.6B aid for Central America, southern Mexico

The cost of Illegal Immigration this year, starts at at least ten billion dollars. It can’t be viewed as anything but a loss to Trump. Because he folded days before the deadline.

If you make something a central issue to your administration, and you credit it with your election, you can’t just abandon it and hope the voters will still turn out because they still support you. We have enough experience with lying politicians not to be impressed by one more.

If Trump runs, and wins the Nomination, he will lose the General, and the reason why is December 18th 2018. That was the day he lost.
Trump will easily be elected because it will piss off the libs...

And nothing is more important to our country than pissing off libs
---------------------------- AGREE , but there is NO ONE else even with TRUMP'S few feck up's and mistakes Biff .

You sound bitter.
I'm glad we're sending 10B to Central America--there are only two ways to actually end this immigration crisis: (1) Start throwing employers of illegals in jail and throw away the key and (2) work with the Central American countries that are so dysfunctional that people are running away in droves. The governments of those countries probably don't like that anymore than we like them coming here by the thousands, but they haven't been able to get a handle on it.
Let's hope the funds we send are very carefully spent on exactly what they should be.

Yeah, because government always does that. Amirite, amirite?

Last edited:

You sound bitter.
I'm glad we're sending 10B to Central America--there are only two ways to actually end this immigration crisis: (1) Start throwing employers of illegals in jail and throw away the key and (2) work with the Central American countries that are so dysfunctional that people are running away in droves. The governments of those countries probably don't like that anymore than we like them coming here by the thousands, but they haven't been able to get a handle on it.
Let's hope the funds we send are very carefully spent on exactly what they should be.

If history is any indication of future results, all the leaders of those Central American nations will have Swiss Bank Accounts with the money we paid them for their people. That is what almost always happens. If a leader is relatively honest, then those below him get rich. The people still get diddly squat.

Ecuador faces a huge budget deficit because of loans it received from China

Trump said Mexico would pay for the wall. Now we are paying Mexico enough to build the wall in the hopes that this time the flood of money will do some good.

Sure, it never has before, but hey, 56th time is the charm.
Well, this is a WHOLE LOT more money than we've ever sent before. The corruption down there sounds really bad, but if we are giving a country aid, isn't that kind of specific as to what they can do with it? If the State Department has agreed to give the governments down there $$, I'm sure as hell they didn't just give them a blank check.

You sound bitter.

If history is any indication of future results, all the leaders of those Central American nations will have Swiss Bank Accounts with the money we paid them for their people. That is what almost always happens. If a leader is relatively honest, then those below him get rich. The people still get diddly squat.

Ecuador faces a huge budget deficit because of loans it received from China

Trump said Mexico would pay for the wall. Now we are paying Mexico enough to build the wall in the hopes that this time the flood of money will do some good.

Sure, it never has before, but hey, 56th time is the charm.
Well, this is a WHOLE LOT more money than we've ever sent before. The corruption down there sounds really bad, but if we are giving a country aid, isn't that kind of specific as to what they can do with it? If the State Department has agreed to give the governments down there $$, I'm sure as hell they didn't just give them a blank check.

10 billion could fund a large portion of wall on our southern border. I do not like.

10 billion to an administration that citizens are fleeing from does not sound like a solid idea to me, but I do not have all the facts.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back