I thought Trump was Putin's puppet. Why would Trump bomb Syria?

Trump uses 59 missiles to do basically nothing more then to get his shitty
poll numbers up and to get people off his alleged collusion with Russia.

The Trump followers / worshipers are declaring this the most impressive military
campaign in modern warfare history.

Oh and the Syrians were so badly damaged by this impressive show of military might
they were flying aircraft out of that same airfield a few hours after....

Did they fly the ones that were in the bunkers.................

ummmm nope.....

I sure hope that the CIA is right about Syria. I hope that the gassing of the Syrian people does not turn out to have been done by the rebels. I am thinking that logically that is the case. For Assad to use gas when he is winning the civil war would seem to me to be a very very stupid thing to do. Why would Assad risk world involvement by using an illegal gas on his own people? Does not make sense to me.
I was thinking the same thing, it really doesn't make sense. Using chemical weapons would obviously not only intensify international outrage but could strain relations with Assad's only ally Russia. Certainly makes you wonder.
baileyn, trying to make sense of a person from a completely different culture living under completely different circumstances is what doesn't make sense. This is a proper question, but the fact that Assad's actions doesn't make sense to us is an exercise in futility. Example: why would a nation that has WMD to protect itself from outside attack hide same weapons out of fear of the consequences of being caught with them? Yet that's what we believed about Saddam. Why did Hitler invade Russia when it had a non-aggression pact with Stalin? Still can't figure that one. So wondering about Assad gassing his own even as he is winning is a game we play but will probably never know. I see no other end for him except to end up like Saddam or Hitler. Nor can I figure what Russia has to gain by backing Assad much longer now that there is a price to pay in other diplomatic circles that wasn't there before this gassing. Is it worth the possible losses of diplomatic connections around the Arab and western world? Anybody?

The Trump followers / worshipers are declaring this the most impressive military

Oh and the Syrians were so badly damaged by this impressive show of military might

I love you posters who actually believe that a President sits there with a pencil and blank piece of paper drawing out plans to attack an enemy.

Our military makes these plans--not the President. The President simply approves or declines the plans our military comes up with, and I have all the confidence in the world that these plans accomplished what our military wanted; armchair quarterbacks aside.

I love you posters who actually believe that a President sits there with a pencil and blank piece of paper drawing out plans to attack an enemy.

Our military makes these plans--not the President. The President simply approves or declines the plans our military comes up with, and I have all the confidence in the world that these plans accomplished what our military wanted; armchair quarterbacks aside.

So when the mission is a success Trump gets all the credit and when it doesn't he had not much to do with it..
Kellyanne Conjob would be so proud of you...
She might even do one of her kneel jobs ...

ummmm nope.....

Not sure the Syrians were aware anything happened...

Oh by the way....
The site that was hit with chemical gas...
The Syrians hit it again....
So are for allowing the Syrians to use Chemical Weapons............and do they have such a vast amount of plans that they can afford to lose a couple of dozen aircraft....................

Why do you minimize the action.............military assets were destroyed....

Oh.........I get it..........you have a political agenda......nvm

Trump bombs Syria that does nothing, Putin bitches, Trump/ Putin meet and reach agreement for Russia/USA coalition to police Syria, Trump sucks Putin and removes sanctions on Russia. RW's duped, world is duped.

That's easy. Because he's not Putins bitch.

Putin supports Assad and if he had control of Trump our forces never would have bombed Assad's airbase killing a general.

Trump didn't like the dead civilians so he cleared the attack.

Easy, peasy.
So much for the lefts accusations of collusion with Trump..

I love it when liberal lies crash and burn in such classic fashion..

ummmm nope.....

Oh by the way....
So are for allowing the Syrians to use Chemical Weapons............and do they have such a vast amount of plans that they can afford to lose a couple of dozen aircraft....................

I think the Syrian air force has a few hundred planes that they are able to put in the air.

So when the mission is a success Trump gets all the credit and when it doesn't he had not much to do with it..
Kellyanne Conjob would be so proud of you...
She might even do one of her kneel jobs ...

Yep, that's the way it works in politics. People are still giving credit to DumBama for the killing of Bin Laden. He just happened to be there when our agencies put all the pieces of the puzzle together. Bush started that hunt years earlier, but DumBama will always be remembered as the guy that got him.

let me see..

27 planes destroyed..

22 hardened plane shields destroyed

37 out buildings containing chemical agent disbursing systems and maintenance destroyed.

I'd say we got our moneys worth and sent a message to boot.

Had we wanted to do more, we would have..

Putin feared Clinton would stand up to him in the Middle East and Europe.
By talking about "America First!", Donald Trump, while clearly unpredictable, gave the impression that he would concern himself with matters in the USA and, consequently, leave Putin to do whats in the Middle East and Europe. It was not so much that Donald Trump would be Putin's puppet but that he would not be an enemy.
It must be admitted that Donald Trump has criticized President Obama every day of his presidency but kept his lip buttoned about Putin. It looked like Putin got what he wanted.
Even now, with Tomahawk missiles raining down on a Syrian air base, Russia has not been criticized by Trump and the Russians were warned about the attack.
Trump wants to have his cake and eat it. He will have infuriated Putin with the attack on a small Syrian airport but he will still want to be pals with Putin. He doesn't get it. This said, Trump needs to keep infuriating Putin and frustrating the Russian's imperial ambition.

Is anyone else concerned it took 50 cruise missiles to take out one air base?
NO..

Putin gave Trump permission to bomb Syria because Assad went a bit too far. Putin is smart enough to know that keeping Assad in power won't fly with Assad using chemical weapons.

ummmm nope.....

Oh by the way....

I think the Syrian air force has a few hundred planes that they are able to put in the air.
Now they have twenty less.
The next time Assad uses gas he'll have ZERO planes left.

This action sent a message to the world.. not just Assad.. Kim jong Ue, the mullahs of Iran and any other rouge nation.

The days of America and Obama failed policies making us take it in the ass are over..

Forum List

Back