I thought I'd enjoy our public lands today..

The woods were there. You and your dog were there. Why didn't you just walk your sorry ass into the woods with the dog and enjoy the public land? It doesn't appear parking and congestion was a potential impediment to your doing so.

Dog-Dog_Guide-A_dog_walk_in_the_woods.jpg

Here's my guess as to why: because you'd rather complain about not being able "enjoy the public lands" in exactly the way you wanted to do it.
irrelevant. The point is, I can't get to where I want to go because the access is blocked. Illegally, by our federal government. They have mo authority to fence me off public lands. They have no right to fence off the roads, most of which have been there for generations, for the express purpose of preventing access to the lands away from the parking lots and campgrounds.
Okay, so now I know you just have less reading comprehension skill than a fifth grader. Case in point:
I wrote:
Why didn't you just walk your sorry ass into the woods with the dog and enjoy the public land? Here's my guess as to why: because you'd rather complain about not being able "enjoy the public lands" in exactly the way you wanted to do it.
You responded:
The point is, I can't get to where I want to go,
I could only have more accurately guessed your motivation on the matter had I performed a "Vulcan mind meld" with you. Plain and simple: it's all, about you. Period.
No. It's about the illegal seizure of our public lands and the illegal control of our resources...public and private...by brownshirted thug agencies that shouldn't exist. And which are going to cease to exist soon...at least in the form they now assume.
seizure of our public lands

Seizure? Just who do you think holds, and has for as long the land has been part of the U.S., title to land that isn't privately held? If anyone has a right to complain about the seizure of lands, it's not you and I; it's the people who owned it before Europeans saw fit to take it from them. The only reason you and I today have any claim to the land of the U.S. is because my ancestors saw fit to take them from their original inhabitants.

They have no right to fence off the roads, most of which have been there for generations

Did you even look at the photo you took? I guess you need reminding that grass does grow over a road in the space of a few weeks. That road has been closed for quite some time.

wp_20170513_015-jpg.126507
oh they put the gates up as soon as they gain control of land. But you are wrong about the grass. This is the Oregon coast. The grass is everywhere and it is always green. These are all access roads that were being used when I was young.

You could have used the road too. All you had to do was park your car on the side of the road, or ask a friend to drive you and your dog to the access road and drop you off, and marched your asss down the road with your dog. Had you done either of those things, you'd have been enjoying the public lands and using the road.

The woods were there. You and your dog were there. Why didn't you just walk your sorry ass into the woods with the dog and enjoy the public land? It doesn't appear parking and congestion was a potential impediment to your doing so.

Here's my guess as to why: because you'd rather complain about not being able "enjoy the public lands" in exactly the way you wanted to do it.
irrelevant. The point is, I can't get to where I want to go because the access is blocked. Illegally, by our federal government. They have mo authority to fence me off public lands. They have no right to fence off the roads, most of which have been there for generations, for the express purpose of preventing access to the lands away from the parking lots and campgrounds.
Okay, so now I know you just have less reading comprehension skill than a fifth grader. Case in point:
I wrote:
Why didn't you just walk your sorry ass into the woods with the dog and enjoy the public land? Here's my guess as to why: because you'd rather complain about not being able "enjoy the public lands" in exactly the way you wanted to do it.
You responded:
I could only have more accurately guessed your motivation on the matter had I performed a "Vulcan mind meld" with you. Plain and simple: it's all, about you. Period.
No. It's about the illegal seizure of our public lands and the illegal control of our resources...public and private...by brownshirted thug agencies that shouldn't exist. And which are going to cease to exist soon...at least in the form they now assume.

Seizure? Just who do you think holds, and has for as long the land has been part of the U.S., title to land that isn't privately held? If anyone has a right to complain about the seizure of lands, it's not you and I; it's the people who owned it before Europeans saw fit to take it from them. The only reason you and I today have any claim to the land of the U.S. is because my ancestors saw fit to take them from their original inhabitants.
Half of my ancestors were original inhabitants. Does this give us more clout to kick out idiots? I think not as others were also born here so they are now natives to this land.

Actually more about protection from idiots. Some people just ain't super bright. The area I grew up is fenced all the way up the canyon now because idiots would go up there to play in the creek, get drunk or high and not watch their own children. Several drowned and sued and won and so the whole place was fenced.
No, the idiots are the feds and the scumbags who travel, at the behest of the feds, to "enjoy" country they know nothing about.

This all came under federal control in the past thirty years or so. And since then, it has been degraded and destroyed. The dunes are gone, there are huge parking lots everywhere, you aren't allowed to fish, or walk, or drive back to the really nice and wild areas. Were funneled into tiny paved lots, jammed together on tiny slivers of land while hundreds of thousands and millions of acres are fenced off. Meanwhile the forest service jackhats tear all over the place, on the beaches were forbidden, on the roads we can't use, accessing the areas and resources that we aren't allowed to even look at.

after they closed the mills, our community turned increasingly to tourism. Now they've shut down that as well. Beaches and dunes closed, march through September. Snowy fucking plover.

They have no right to fence off the roads, most of which have been there for generations

Did you even look at the photo you took? I guess you need reminding that grass does grow over a road in the space of a few weeks. That road has been closed for quite some time.

oh they put the gates up as soon as they gain control of land. But you are wrong about the grass. This is the Oregon coast. The grass is everywhere and it is always green. These are all access roads that were being used when I was young.
oh they put the gates up as soon as they gain control of land.

See post 21. The government hasn't, for as long as there has been a state of Oregon, not had control of and/or authority over that particular piece of land.

You could have used the road too. All you had to do was park your car on the side of the road, or ask a friend to drive you and your dog to the access road and drop you off, and marched your asss down the road with your dog. Had you done either of those things, you'd have been enjoying the public lands and using the road.

You're wrong about that, too. Most, if not all, of these are no access roads. You don't get to bypass the gates on foot.

See post 21. The government hasn't, for as long as there has been a state of Oregon, not had control of and/or authority over that particular piece of land.
Wrong again. Some of this property was owned by private citizens during my lifetime. Shut the fuck up and sit down, maybe you'll learn something.. Though I don't hold out much hope.

I wrote:
You responded:

Half of my ancestors were original inhabitants. Does this give us more clout to kick out idiots? I think not as others were also born here so they are now natives to this land.
The point is that I and my ancestors would not have been born here and and have anything at all to say had the European/U.S. governments not seized the land from its original inhabitants. Having the seized and in a few instances purchased those lands, the government obtained title to them.

You're wrong about that, too. Most, if not all, of these are no access roads. You don't get to bypass the gates on foot.

I cannot attest to the specific land you've pictured or to applicable Oregon statues. I can attest to one's being able to enter all sorts of federal wilderness areas. One can freely walk into the wilderness, road, closed road, or no road. Backpackers do so routinely.

This is where you and xelor could come to some sort of moment.

The point is that I and my ancestors would not have been born here and and have anything at all to say had the European/U.S. governments not seized the land from its original inhabitants. Having the seized and in a few instances purchased those lands, the government obtained title to them.
I got your point its just not a good one in your justification of totally denying the public (the American citizen) access. Since you did bring it up though we could maybe consider why all of the sudden this land is totally off limits to the public. Do you think the government has the right to deny citizens access totally to public lands? If so why?

Wrong again. Some of this property was owned by private citizens during my lifetime. Shut the fuck up and sit down, maybe you'll learn something.. Though I don't hold out much hope.
The relevant question, then, given the temporal range of "your lifetime," is who owns it now.

Actually more about protection from idiots. Some people just ain't super bright. The area I grew up is fenced all the way up the canyon now because idiots would go up there to play in the creek, get drunk or high and not watch their own children. Several drowned and sued and won and so the whole place was fenced.
No, the idiots are the feds and the scumbags who travel, at the behest of the feds, to "enjoy" country they know nothing about.

This all came under federal control in the past thirty years or so. And since then, it has been degraded and destroyed. The dunes are gone, there are huge parking lots everywhere, you aren't allowed to fish, or walk, or drive back to the really nice and wild areas. Were funneled into tiny paved lots, jammed together on tiny slivers of land while hundreds of thousands and millions of acres are fenced off. Meanwhile the forest service jackhats tear all over the place, on the beaches were forbidden, on the roads we can't use, accessing the areas and resources that we aren't allowed to even look at.

after they closed the mills, our community turned increasingly to tourism. Now they've shut down that as well. Beaches and dunes closed, march through September. Snowy fucking plover.

You should come to Alaska, we have lots of wild area to wander around in (just make sure you pack a 45 to fend off bears and moose heh)

You should come to Alaska, we have lots of wild area to wander around in (just make sure you pack a 45 to fend off bears and moose heh)
My cousin and her family homesteaded there. But the thing is...I want it to stop. You can't just keep running from fed control forever. There cones a point when you stand and we're at that point. Things were really close to bloodshed (and not just BLM and forest service and cops shooting campers and ranchers) before Trump. I'm glad he's hitting the EPA, BLM and dept of the interior hard because otherwise, people were going to start shooting. And once they start, they won't stop.

Come on over koshergrl... we'll wander my seven acres of Missouri boonies and pretend we're breaking trail.

This is where you and xelor could come to some sort of moment.

I got your point its just not a good one in your justification of totally denying the public (the American citizen) access. Since you did bring it up though we could maybe consider why all of the sudden this land is totally off limits to the public. Do you think the government has the right to deny citizens access totally to public lands? If so why?
I got your point its just not a good one in your justification of totally denying the public (the American citizen) access.

While Koshergirl claims that one cannot enter the wooded area she pictured -- she hasn't even specifically identified the parcel -- and I'm in no position to speak to that specific piece of land, as goes public lands in general, the government does not "totally deny" public access.

The specious point is the one Koshergirl made about seizure, not my refutation of that point.

Forum List

Back