I Sure Wish There Were More Smokers...

If someone does a study that just includes men, do you feel as if every thing stated in that study is true about you ?

i'm telling ya dude---corncob--way up there.

If someone does a study that includes just men, uses me in their statistics or in their answer; then yes IT CONCERNS ME.

Doesn't make it true about me, which is exactly my point. :eusa_eh:

I need one of those hit self in forehead emotions.

If someone does a study that just includes men, do you feel as if every thing stated in that study is true about you ?

i'm telling ya dude---corncob--way up there.

If someone does a study that includes just men, uses me in their statistics or in their answer; then yes IT CONCERNS ME.

Doesn't make it true about me, which is exactly my point. :eusa_eh:

I need one of those hit self in forehead emotions.

You hit your head one time too many already. I didn't ask if it concerns you----I asked if it was TRUE about you.

You hit your head one time too many already. I didn't ask if it concerns you----I asked if it was TRUE about you.

No, it wouldn't make it true.

But if Ann Coulter said all that black people should go back to being slaves because they're inferior, does that make it anymore better because it's not true? She still said it, it's still offensive.

As is her comments about single mothers. What don't you get about that?

And again with the damn personal attacks, this is my damn point.

How about you prove her assertion that there is a causal relationship with single-mothered children and the crimes and social disorders she attributes to them?

How about you put your dinero where you put your dinner?

If I give the studies that prove the assertions, how about you agree to use the new avatar, which you so richly deserve?
Okay, go ahead and post the studies that prove "Single motherhood has a causal relationship to criminal behavior, substance abuse, juvenile delinquency, sexual victimization and almost every other social disorder.

While it is not exactly "your wish is my command," I can't pass up this opportunity to see that scrumptious "ravioli avatar," so Hereeeees Johnny...

P. 37-38 from Ann Coulter's Guilty

Controlling for socioeconomic status, race, and place of residence, the strongest predictor of whether a person will end up in prison is that he was raised by a single parent.
{Source: Richard E. Redding, "It's Really About Sex: Same-Sex Marriage, Lesbigay Parenting, and the Psychology of Disgust, " Duke Journal of Gender Law & Policy, January 1, 2008 (citing David T. Lykken, "Parental Licensure," American Psychologist, 56: 885, 887 [2001], and citing C. C. Harper and S. S. McLanahan, "Father Absence and youth Incareration," paper presented at the Annual Meeting of the American Sociological Association, San Francisco, August 1998).}

By 1996, 70 percent of inmates in state juvenile detention centers serving long-term sentences were raised by single mothers.
{Source: WadeHorn, "Why There Is No Substitute for Parents," Imprimis 26, no. 6 (June 1997), p. 2.}

Seventy-two percent of juvenile murderers and 60 percent of rapists come from single-mother homes.
{Source: Chuck Colson, How Shall We Live (Tyndale House Publishers, 2004) p. 323.}

Seventy percent of teenage births, dropout suicides, runaways, juvenile delinquents, and child murderers involve children raised by single mothers.
{Sources: David T. Lykken, "Reconstructing Fathers," American Psychologist 55:681,681 (2000), quoted in Redding, "It's Really About Sex."
Horn, "Why There Is No Substitute for Parents," Imprimis 26, no. 6 (June 1997), p. 2
Redding, "It's Really About Sex."}

Girls raised without fathers are more sexually promiscuous and more likely to end up divorced.
{Source: Horn, "Why There Is No Substitute for Parents."}

A 1990 study by the Progressive Policy Institute showed that after controlling for single motherhood, the difference between black and white crime rates disappeared.
{Source: David Blankenhorn, Fatherless America: Confronting Our Most Urgent Social Problem (New York: Harper Perennial, 1996), p. 31.}

According to the Index of Leading Cultural Indicators, children from single-parent families account for 63 percent of all youth suicides, 70 percent of all teenage pregnancies, 71 percent of all adolescent chemical/substance abuse, 80 percent of all prison imates, and 90 percent of all homeless and runaway children.
{Sources: Bob Ray Sanders, "Hey, Y'all, Let's Fill the Hall (of Fame)," Fort Worth Star-Telegram, October 28, 2007; Mona Charen, "More Good News Than Bad?" Washington Times, March 16, 2001 (citing Bill Bennett, The Index of Leading Cultural Indicators: American Society at the End of the Twentieth Century [New York: Broadway Books, 1994]).}

And, in the words of the immortal Cyrano, "as I end my refrain, thrust home!"

I anxiously await my first view of the mouthwatering, scrumptious RAVIOLI!

:eusa_naughty: Such a hater.

:lol: Hater? No

She is BAT SHIT CRAZY. I don't know what the fuck you don't understand about that.

[youtube]2wnPHFSdrME[/youtube]

[youtube]ADw76swAwZE[/youtube]

[youtube]Vg7IhR0ccgo[/youtube]

[youtube]nveiuLxc9Eo[/youtube]

Again, I hold no respect for her; especially since she knows what she is saying is wrong.

Then again PoliticalChic, AGREE WITH ANN! That way, YOU lose your RIGHT TO VOTE.

It would be a much better country if women did not vote. That is simply a fact. In fact, in every presidential election since 1950—except Goldwater in '64—the Republican would have won, if only the men had voted

when it comes to Ann I think the most relevant and interesting question is....would ya do her ?

How about you put your dinero where you put your dinner?

If I give the studies that prove the assertions, how about you agree to use the new avatar, which you so richly deserve?
Okay, go ahead and post the studies that prove "Single motherhood has a causal relationship to criminal behavior, substance abuse, juvenile delinquency, sexual victimization and almost every other social disorder.

While it is not exactly "your wish is my command," I can't pass up this opportunity to see that scrumptious "ravioli avatar," so Hereeeees Johnny...

P. 37-38 from Ann Coulter's Guilty

Controlling for socioeconomic status, race, and place of residence, the strongest predictor of whether a person will end up in prison is that he was raised by a single parent.
{Source: Richard E. Redding, "It's Really About Sex: Same-Sex Marriage, Lesbigay Parenting, and the Psychology of Disgust, " Duke Journal of Gender Law & Policy, January 1, 2008 (citing David T. Lykken, "Parental Licensure," American Psychologist, 56: 885, 887 [2001], and citing C. C. Harper and S. S. McLanahan, "Father Absence and youth Incareration," paper presented at the Annual Meeting of the American Sociological Association, San Francisco, August 1998).}

By 1996, 70 percent of inmates in state juvenile detention centers serving long-term sentences were raised by single mothers.
{Source: WadeHorn, "Why There Is No Substitute for Parents," Imprimis 26, no. 6 (June 1997), p. 2.}

Seventy-two percent of juvenile murderers and 60 percent of rapists come from single-mother homes.
{Source: Chuck Colson, How Shall We Live (Tyndale House Publishers, 2004) p. 323.}

Seventy percent of teenage births, dropout suicides, runaways, juvenile delinquents, and child murderers involve children raised by single mothers.
{Sources: David T. Lykken, "Reconstructing Fathers," American Psychologist 55:681,681 (2000), quoted in Redding, "It's Really About Sex."
Horn, "Why There Is No Substitute for Parents," Imprimis 26, no. 6 (June 1997), p. 2
Redding, "It's Really About Sex."}

Girls raised without fathers are more sexually promiscuous and more likely to end up divorced.
{Source: Horn, "Why There Is No Substitute for Parents."}

A 1990 study by the Progressive Policy Institute showed that after controlling for single motherhood, the difference between black and white crime rates disappeared.
{Source: David Blankenhorn, Fatherless America: Confronting Our Most Urgent Social Problem (New York: Harper Perennial, 1996), p. 31.}

According to the Index of Leading Cultural Indicators, children from single-parent families account for 63 percent of all youth suicides, 70 percent of all teenage pregnancies, 71 percent of all adolescent chemical/substance abuse, 80 percent of all prison imates, and 90 percent of all homeless and runaway children.
{Sources: Bob Ray Sanders, "Hey, Y'all, Let's Fill the Hall (of Fame)," Fort Worth Star-Telegram, October 28, 2007; Mona Charen, "More Good News Than Bad?" Washington Times, March 16, 2001 (citing Bill Bennett, The Index of Leading Cultural Indicators: American Society at the End of the Twentieth Century [New York: Broadway Books, 1994]).}

And, in the words of the immortal Cyrano, "as I end my refrain, thrust home!"

I anxiously await my first view of the mouthwatering, scrumptious RAVIOLI!

The children who are in trouble today are more likely to be from single parent homes because there are more single parent homes today. Your statistics cite percentages of children in trouble situations, but does not prove a causal relationship. Granted single family homes are not the ideal situation for children, I just wouldn't put too much stock in some of these statistics. Do you have a point?

Last edited:
The children who are in trouble today are more likely to be from single parent homes because there are more single parent homes today. Your statistics cite percentages of children in trouble situations, but does not prove a causal relationship. Granted single family homes are not the ideal situation for children, I just wouldn't put too much stock in some of these statistics. Do you have a point?

It is a sheer flight of fancy to suggest that the over 80% of the prison population having been raised in single mother households is because that 80% of children are raised in single parent households. It is just not true. Have you seen figures that suggest that children today are raised in single parent households to this extent?

Here is the point. You may object to any one of two of these studies, but the totality is incontrovertible: single parent households are a bane to society.

Let's turn these figures on themselves. Can you suggest another factor that would account for the statistics produced in the multitude of these studies? My belief is that Ms. Coulter has done a thorough analysis and found the common factor. I'm wondering why you don't agree with it.

After reading the above, are you suggesting that being raised in a single mother household is good or even benign for the child?

PC, where are the studies? All you have given us is a list you retyped from Coulter's book of sources that turn out to be someone's opinion of a study.

Let us see the actual studies. Wingnuts opinions are not proof of cause. Wingnuts opinions can't even be trusted to suggest correlation.

If it is too difficult to come up with all of them at once feel free to start with one.

Forum List

Back