I Stand vindicated:

I stand vindicated. White people really do fare much better in police confrontations and here is further proof.

Not only did this White woman point her gun at police officers, she taunted them as well. There was no swashbuckling young crusader in blue jumping from his still rolling patrol car while aiming and firing dead center mass. She aimed and postured until she got tired and threw the gun aside.. Only then was she arrested. The gun was as realistic as the one that Tamir Rice had. This is another addition for my sig line.

torrington_1_720.jpg

Here is the rest of the story:

Officers had a brief standoff with a woman who circled a police department with a fake gun and pointed it at officers.

"What are you doing? Shoot me!" Elaine Rothenberg told the Torrington police. "Boom, boom, boom."

Rothenberg, 66, was seen circling the perimeter of the Torrington police station on Christmas Eve. She pointed what appeared to be a gun at two civilians and asked if they were police officers, according to police. The civilians were able to get away unharmed.

Rothenberg then allegedly stood in front of an employees-only entrance, with the handgun raised in a shooting stance. After pointing it at officers, she threw the gun and was taken into custody, police said.

I am beginning to see why the Black Lives Movement is gaining momentum all over America.

Sounds like they knew her.
Officer Wilson knew Michael Brown but that didn't stop the hail of bullets, did it? So what if you know a lunatic waving a gun around, are you supposed to treat them any different than any other person under the same circumstances?

Yes, he knew that Brown was a violent asshole. Seems like pretty much EVERYONE knew that. This woman though has access to guns where? Maybe the cop spotted the little orange dot where the hole in the barrel would be if it were a real gun? You really should stop using Brown as your hero, he was a prick. Tamir Rice seems to have just been a dumb kid. With him you have a chance for some sympathy, but Brown was nothing more than a violent scumbag so you are pissing up a rope trying to generate sympathy with his best forgotten memory.

I stand vindicated. White people really do fare much better in police confrontations and here is further proof.

Not only did this White woman point her gun at police officers, she taunted them as well. There was no swashbuckling young crusader in blue jumping from his still rolling patrol car while aiming and firing dead center mass. She aimed and postured until she got tired and threw the gun aside.. Only then was she arrested. The gun was as realistic as the one that Tamir Rice had. This is another addition for my sig line.

torrington_1_720.jpg

Officers had a brief standoff with a woman who circled a police department with a fake gun and pointed it at officers.

"What are you doing? Shoot me!" Elaine Rothenberg told the Torrington police. "Boom, boom, boom."

Rothenberg, 66, was seen circling the perimeter of the Torrington police station on Christmas Eve. She pointed what appeared to be a gun at two civilians and asked if they were police officers, according to police. The civilians were able to get away unharmed.

Rothenberg then allegedly stood in front of an employees-only entrance, with the handgun raised in a shooting stance. After pointing it at officers, she threw the gun and was taken into custody, police said.

I am beginning to see why the Black Lives Movement is gaining momentum all over America.

This chart explains why black people fear being killed by the police

torrington_1_720.jpg

Beat me to it.
You can bet the cops knew her from previous weirdness on her part.

torrington_1_720.jpg

Officer Wilson knew Michael Brown but that didn't stop the hail of bullets, did it? So what if you know a lunatic waving a gun around, are you supposed to treat them any different than any other person under the same circumstances?

First I've heard that Wilson knew Mike "Dirt Nap" Brown...
Got a link?

torrington_1_720.jpg

Got a link?
My link is just as good as yours!

torrington_1_720.jpg

Yes, he knew that Brown was a violent asshole. Seems like pretty much EVERYONE knew that. This woman though has access to guns where? Maybe the cop spotted the little orange dot where the hole in the barrel would be if it were a real gun? You really should stop using Brown as your hero, he was a prick. Tamir Rice seems to have just been a dumb kid. With him you have a chance for some sympathy, but Brown was nothing more than a violent scumbag so you are pissing up a rope trying to generate sympathy with his best forgotten memory.

I am no apologist for Brown,but he WAS unarmed. The woman had what appeared to be a weapon and there was no red orange dot on it. That is why she wasn't approached until she tossed the weapon aside...nice try... but she walked away from something a Black person in her position wouldn't have.

torrington_1_720.jpg

Got a link?
My link is just as good as yours!

You made the claim.

torrington_1_720.jpg

I am no apologist for Brown,but he WAS unarmed. The woman had what appeared to be a weapon and there was no red orange dot on it. That is why she wasn't approached until she tossed the weapon aside...nice try... but she walked away from something a Black person in her position wouldn't have.

He attacked a cop and tried to take his weapon.

torrington_1_720.jpg

He was also huge and he was also assaulting the officer involved. People get beaten to death all the time by UNARMED large people. Why is it so hard for you to comprehend that?

torrington_1_720.jpg

No doubt if she were a young black male, she'd be dead

torrington_1_720.jpg

He was also huge and he was also assaulting the officer involved. People get beaten to death all the time by UNARMED large people. Why is it so hard for you to comprehend that?
I do understand that! Didn't I just say I am not an apologist for Brown. In case you didn't know it that means I believe Wilson had some justification for shooting him. I am just being consistent in my observation that the woman, having a "gun" was just as dangerous a threat to people around her as Brown was to officer Wilson.

torrington_1_720.jpg

She was waving a gun around and could have shot someone. The police had an opportunity to put her down before that happened. why didn't they? I am just saying that skin color often determines the outcome in such incidents for many cops.

torrington_1_720.jpg

No doubt if she were a young black male, she'd be dead
Or a hispanic male ,or Indian male or Asian male... or female counterparts of those mentioned

torrington_1_720.jpg

Yeah he kenw him while he was getting punched in the face
Well, heh heh heh, I can't deny that :lol: That would count as a previous meeting before their final encounter but I wasn't talking about that..heh heh heh!

She was waving a gun around and could have shot someone. The police had an opportunity to put her down before that happened. why didn't they? I am just saying that skin color often determines the outcome in such incidents for many cops.

Because she was an old lady in a small town who was most likely known by the police as a troubled person.

Because she was an old lady in a small town who was most likely known by the police as a troubled person.

The point is that ,for all the cops knew, the gun she was pointing at them was real.
Crazy people with guns can kill you too. To make matters worst, there were other people nearby that she even talked to. Fortunately the gun was not real or there might have been dead cops as well as dead bystanders. I am glad they did NOT shoot the old lady; but, I cannot help thinking that under identical circumstances a Black woman of the same age probably wouldn't be alive, even if the cops knew her. Why not? Because White people are generally conditioned not to place as much value on the life of a Black person as they do a white person. Couple that with race based crime statistics and the stereotypical fear generated by that and the justification to use deadly force on Black people is amplified.

Forum List

Back