I see no way that Obama gets impeached

Nonsense.

I agree that it is ofetn treated as mere cheap politics, but that is not what it is supposed to be about.

If your "thesis" were true, then any time we had a HOUSE majority from a political Party other than the President's political Party, impeachments would have been common.

Impeachments are the tiny exception, not the rule. Johnson & Bubba (plus an effort that likely WOULD have become another impeachment in the case of Nixon).

I have spoken and it is so. Anyway perhaps the value of talking impeachment is as valuable as the act? How many times have politicians talked of impeaching and done nothing? Truman was threatened as was Reagan along with other presidents, but nothing.
Which political party did the impeachment of Clinton help or hurt the most? To impeach and find not guilty can bite. All the time and money spent and nothing. So far no president has ever been removed. But the talk does get people stirred.
Kennedy in his book, Profiles in Courage devotes one profile to Ross of Kansas and his impeachment vote.

A vote which, contrary to PARTY politics, adhered to the notion that the Constitution might just have MEANT what it clearly SAID.

Well the constitution is not always clear, what are high crimes? But it was a politician rising above his political party and his constituents intent and doing what he thought was right for America. How many of those types are floating about?

This is more than a time honored dance. The government is becoming insanely corrupt. Health insurance premiums have more than doubled in CA since Obamacare was passed and we haven't even started it yet:

Rate Shock: In California, Obamacare To Increase Individual Health Insurance Premiums By 64-146% - Forbes

Obama's regime knows no bounds and there are going to be major consequences. People like you look at it as merely entertainment and that's sad. Maybe, when it becomes real for you, your viewpoint will quickly change.

I don't see the danger you see. I see an ebb and flow and believe that the next few election terms will likely follow a smoothing out of the system.

The Republicans are more than ready. They're just waiting for a leader.

So, yes I find the possibilities interesting and who knows what will really happen.

Certainly my view or opinion isn't going to change that reality. I think that this is what shields me from dramatizing US Politics.

There's media enough doing that. :)

I agree that one of us meager peons won't make any difference and that we shouldn't let this nonsense bog us down. But, I hope you come to the realization that this is not politics as usual. A house built on sand cannot stand. Our exponentially increasing corruption will have dire consequences.

Politics is politics as usual. The house is built on a lot more than sand. I consider that the US has come through dot com, savings & loan, 9-11 and now the economic downturn and I think it will also come through the downturn. Quantitative Easing has picked the pocket of Saudi Arabia and China in a marvel of financially recessive manipulation.

America is in a far better global financial position than even five years ago and now into another ten year cycle.

I look at the corruption in politics worldwide I also applaud the US. Considering the size of the US and comparing the corruption of the other major powers?

And I believe that America's greatness has yet to come.

Modern Dems make the Zombies in "Walking Dead" look thoughtful and insightful. Obama is a total fucking scumbag with blood on his hands and Dems love and worship him

Oooh, now you are just spewing hateful vitriol.....you sound like the Zombies in the Walking Dead with all that hateful rhetoric. :eusa_whistle:

Obama didn't even know Holder worked for the government until he read it in the newspaper!

Is that when you found out?

There is not going to be any impeachment much less a Senate trial and conviction.

But if that is not clear enough, let me share one thought just expressed by my new bestest pal, the lovely and talented Kotex.
I'm so glad you at least recognize loveliness and talent - perhaps some might rub off on you..........eh, nah, I seriously doubt it.

Alas, you are a liberal thus you only imagine that you are clever. You don't even grasp obvious sarcasm.

Oh well.

You're not so clever yourself. Spouting off insults is not cleverness, just buffooness! :lol:

There is not going to be any impeachment much less a Senate trial and conviction.

But if that is not clear enough, let me share one thought just expressed by my new bestest pal, the lovely and talented Kotex.

God Speed President Obama. Stay healthy.
Amen, now quit making up conspiracy theories, it's beginning to look pathetic.

Hey Kotex, I realize you are stupid and delusional, but what "conspiracy" theory have I made up, you dishonest twit?

You ARE pathetic.

Fact.

:thup:
You are the one that is stupid and delusional, taking everything that is said personally.
You aren't smart enough to come up with any conspiracy theories, so assuming it is about you just points out your ignorance. Quit patting yourself on the back.

It's about the GOP - think you can figure that out? I seriously doubt it, but give it a try.

I tend to agree with the OP. I don't see congress having the backbone (or the moral fiber) to impeach O. He will continue with his web of deceit, spinning it masterfully, while all his worshippers nod like bobble heads. The pub leaders in congress have too many skeletons & no ethical integrity.. they will drop their stones & slowly walk away, beginning with the oldest.

IMO, history will not be kind to O, but that will depend on whether the republic endures. If we have a currency collapse, & a vacuum of power, then multiple 'versions' of history will be presented to promote the ruler wannabes. No doubt bush will take the blame in many of those revisionist accounts. But with no foundation, the idea of america will be fading fast, & power hungry statists will spring up to seize their piece of the action.

"“IRS Commissioner Douglas Shulman visited the Obama White House a total of 157 times in the three years and four months beginning September 16, 2009 and ending on January 31, 2013…The total number of Obama White House visits made by Mr. Shulman is likely to be greater than the 157 reported by the Daily Caller…During the 3 year and four month period beginning September 16, 2009 and ending January 31, 2013, Shulman visited the Obama White House almost twice as many times as any other current or former member of the Obama cabinet.”

With this information in mind, we can form a logical through-line:

1. The number of visits the IRS Commissioner made to the White House is extraordinarily high. With 157 or more meetings between the President and Shulman, something of importance was clearly going on between the head of the IRS and the White House. That much we know for sure."

"4. 157 visitations, our recent discovery of the IRS’ targeting of Conservative groups, and Obama’s open disdain of the Right, points to a collusion between the President and the IRS Commissioner. The pieces all fit together.

Can we conclude with this information that Obama is directly responsible for the IRS scandal? I say yes. The probability of these incidents occurring independently of one another is very low. Therefore, the only conclusion is that our President was directly involved in this breach of ethical bounds."

Evidence Suggests Obama Directly Involved In IRS Scandal : The Last Resistance

Wingnuts have guaranteed that Obama will never be impeached. Why? Because they have numbed the American people with their distortions, lies and conspiracy theories. Wingnuts, along with hate radio and TV, have "insulated" Obama!

True. The Repugs have been screaming Wolf at the top of their lungs so loudly and so long that nobody believes them any longer. Most people wish they would just STFU and work on jobs like they promised.

"“IRS Commissioner Douglas Shulman visited the Obama White House a total of 157 times in the three years and four months beginning September 16, 2009 and ending on January 31, 2013…The total number of Obama White House visits made by Mr. Shulman is likely to be greater than the 157 reported by the Daily Caller…During the 3 year and four month period beginning September 16, 2009 and ending January 31, 2013, Shulman visited the Obama White House almost twice as many times as any other current or former member of the Obama cabinet.”

1. The number of visits the IRS Commissioner made to the White House is extraordinarily high. With 157 or more meetings between the President and Shulman, something of importance was clearly going on between the head of the IRS and the White House. That much we know for sure."

"4. 157 visitations, our recent discovery of the IRS’ targeting of Conservative groups, and Obama’s open disdain of the Right, points to a collusion between the President and the IRS Commissioner. The pieces all fit together.

Can we conclude with this information that Obama is directly responsible for the IRS scandal? I say yes. The probability of these incidents occurring independently of one another is very low. Therefore, the only conclusion is that our President was directly involved in this breach of ethical bounds."

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This "157 visits" bullshit got debunked a while ago.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This "157 visits" bullshit got debunked a while ago.

Facts never get in the way of a GOP conspiracy! Even when one of their favorite stations tells them otherwise! :badgrin:

RIght Wing?s False Narrative About IRS White House Visits Debunked - FOX News Radio -

Debunked? By fucking Alan fucking Colmes?

Look, folks, let's put the loyalist sycophantic crap from these uber libs under some scrutiny.

Let's say that fuckin Alan fucking Colmes even HAS a valid point about the number NOT being 157 actual visits. Ok. Then why did Schulman ANSWER hearing questions about his 118 visits? Shulman had more White House visits than any Cabinet member | The Daily Caller

I mean, sheeeee-it. Is that IT? "It wasn't 157, so neeneer neener.!" ??

118 is perfectly ok?

Why did HE go so much more than any other IRS commish?

Why are so many of HIS visits so coincidentally in line with the timing of the IRS "scrutiny" over conservative groups?
Shulman gave assorted answers when asked why he had visited the White House 118 times during the period that the IRS was targeting tea party and conservative nonprofits for extra scrutiny and delays on their tax-exempt applications.
Id.

Fucking idiot sycophant suck-up apologist liberal Obamaphiles are so spectacularly unpersuasive.

Hey libbies. YOu know it actually IS ok to note that The ONE has some fucking EXPLAINING To do. This IRS thing is not a "non-scandal" and it's not unimportant and it's not going to simply blow itself out like a summer squall. This is truly serious stuff. Even you LIBS ought to feel a sense of alarm over it.

I see no way that Obama gets impeached. And by impeached, I don't mean like how the media is fond of saying Clinton was impeached. I'm talking about there being a vote and then there being enough votes that he is thrown out of office.

I doubt that there is even one democrat who would vote to impeach Obama. And I'm sure there's more than enough Republicans for sale on top of that. So, we are stuck with the most corrupt administration. Buckle up. It's going to be a wild ride.

You are probably correct. How do you impeach a totally clueless moron?

Forum List

Back