I say MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!! You got a problem with that?

Re Christmas, check all statements that apply to you:

• Christmas is Christmas. Celebrate it!!!

Votes: 18 62.1%
  • Happy Holidays is more considerate of the feelings of others.

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Put Christmas (and other religious festivals) back into the schools.

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Keep Christmas (and other religious festivals) out of the schools.

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Only secular Christmas observances are P.C.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Each community should practice their own chosen Christmas customs.

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Other and I'll explain in my post.

Votes: 4 13.8%

• Total voters
fuck off, troll
People that are insecure in their religious beliefs think everyone is out to get them.

Maybe foxfyre is like Coulter and thinks Merry Christmas means Fuck You.

Pathetic, to say the least.

i am basically crashing this thread, because it is an obvious troll dropping.

you know what i think about the poster foxfyre.

gaymarry fucking xmas.

fuck off, troll
People that are insecure in their religious beliefs think everyone is out to get them.

gaymarry fucking xmas.
:eek: Tinsel is gay?

I voted for "Put Christmas (and other religious festivals) back into the schools."

Then I repped LK Eder because he's pwning this thread.

You mean you're up for celebrating Christmas, and Hanukkah, and Ramadan, and the Winter Solstice? :)

Nope, just Christmas.

Unless the school is predominantly Jewish, then Hanukkah and all that.

The sentence says "other religious festivals".

gaymarry fucking xmas.

Only when you pull it out of your cats ass after he ate it.........

gaymarry fucking xmas.

i don't know what's more disturbing.

the picture you conjured or the FACT that a disturbing picture like that is making this thread bettah!

Since 75 to 80% attended church and a large portion of the pioneers going westward did not have churches the total percentage of Christians would probably be over 90%. Of course this does not include slaves or Native Americans at that time.

Against a prevailing view that eighteenth-century Americans had not perpetuated the first settlers’ passionate commitment to their faith, scholars now identify a high level of religious energy in colonies after 1700. According to one expert, religion was in the “ascension rather than the declension”; another sees a “rising vitality in religious life” from 1700 onward; a third finds religion in many parts of the colonies in a state of “feverish growth.” Figures on church attendance and church formation support these opinions. Between 1700 and 1740, an estimated 75 to 80 percent of the population attended churches, which were being built at a headlong pace
.RELIGION AND THE FOUNDING OF AMERICA « American Christian Heritage Group Blog

Oh, of course! Why would we count Native Americans or enslaved black people when we talk about Americans!

Do you have a more scholarly source? Because it is my understanding that church attendance was nothing like that at the time. Even among the white European people here at the time.

then your understanding is flawed.

have an adult help you google religion in colonial america. :thup:

the picture you conjured or the FACT that a disturbing picture like that is making this thread bettah!

It happened to my oldest cat when he was a kitten, I was holding his front down while I pulled this long stand out and his back legs were dancing the whole time. :lol:
This was the same Christmas we found the 3' plastic table tree (one bedroom apt.) in the bathtub when we came home from work.
Last time we used tinsel or the 3 foot plastic tree. :cool:

And del believes that, because del wants to believe it. It just sounds right, so how dare I ask the people making claims to substantiate them. :cuckoo:

Since 75 to 80% attended church and a large portion of the pioneers going westward did not have churches the total percentage of Christians would probably be over 90%. Of course this does not include slaves or Native Americans at that time.

.RELIGION AND THE FOUNDING OF AMERICA « American Christian Heritage Group Blog

Oh, of course! Why would we count Native Americans or enslaved black people when we talk about Americans!

Do you have a more scholarly source? Because it is my understanding that church attendance was nothing like that at the time. Even among the white European people here at the time.

Same paragraph different source
Religion in 18th-Century America (Religion and the Founding of the American Republic, Library of Congress Exhibition)

Against a prevailing view that 18th century Americans had not perpetuated the first settlers' passionate commitment to their faith, scholars now identify a high level of religious energy in colonies after 1700. According to one expert, religion was in the "ascension rather than the declension"; another sees a "rising vitality in religious life" from 1700 onward; a third finds religion in many parts of the colonies in a state of "feverish growth."[6] Figures on church attendance and church formation support these opinions. Between 1700 and 1740, an estimated 75-80% of the population attended churches, which were being built at a headlong pace.[6]

By 1780 the percentage of adult colonists who adhered to a church was between 10-30%, not counting slaves or Native Americans.
North Carolina had the lowest percentage at about 4%, while New Hampshire and South Carolina were tied for the highest, at about 16%.[7]

History of religion in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Looks like the numbers declined, huh?

I go to church and Bible study. At church. Which is appropriate. Not taxpayer funded schools.

It happened to my oldest cat when he was a kitten, I was holding his front down while I pulled this long stand out and his back legs were dancing the whole time. :lol:
This was the same Christmas we found the 3' plastic table tree (one bedroom apt.) in the bathtub when we came home from work.
Last time we used tinsel or the 3 foot plastic tree. :cool:

we banned tinsel in the 80s.

but our cat was killing our tree by drinking all his water.

it was the glycerol.

Same paragraph different source
Religion in 18th-Century America (Religion and the Founding of the American Republic, Library of Congress Exhibition)

Against a prevailing view that 18th century Americans had not perpetuated the first settlers' passionate commitment to their faith, scholars now identify a high level of religious energy in colonies after 1700. According to one expert, religion was in the "ascension rather than the declension"; another sees a "rising vitality in religious life" from 1700 onward; a third finds religion in many parts of the colonies in a state of "feverish growth."[6] Figures on church attendance and church formation support these opinions. Between 1700 and 1740, an estimated 75-80% of the population attended churches, which were being built at a headlong pace.[6]

By 1780 the percentage of adult colonists who adhered to a church was between 10-30%, not counting slaves or Native Americans.
North Carolina had the lowest percentage at about 4%, while New Hampshire and South Carolina were tied for the highest, at about 16%.[7]

I go to church and Bible study. At church. Which is appropriate. Not taxpayer funded schools.
You do realize that respected, accredited colleges and universities not only do not accept Wikipedia as a valid source for research (papers), they will issue a failing grade on the paper if it's discovered that source was used.
User contributed content has a way attaining a bias....... But then again any intelligent, objective person would know that.

You do realize that respected, accredited colleges and universities not only do not accept Wikipedia as a valid source for research (papers), they will issue a failing grade on the paper if it's discovered that source was used.
User contributed content has a way attaining a bias....... But then again any intelligent, objective person would know that.

on the other hand, the person skilled in the art would not try to pigeon hole the situation of the colonial times into the currently valid situation.

on the other hand, the person skilled in the art would not try to pigeon hole the situation of the colonial times into the currently valid situation.

Such is the difference between precepts and principles. :dunno:

Such is the difference between precepts and principles. :dunno:

principles turn into dogma if no adaptation is allowed.

Forum List

Back