I say MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!! You got a problem with that?

Re Christmas, check all statements that apply to you:

• Christmas is Christmas. Celebrate it!!!

Votes: 18 62.1%
  • Happy Holidays is more considerate of the feelings of others.

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Put Christmas (and other religious festivals) back into the schools.

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Keep Christmas (and other religious festivals) out of the schools.

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Only secular Christmas observances are P.C.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Each community should practice their own chosen Christmas customs.

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Other and I'll explain in my post.

Votes: 4 13.8%

• Total voters
And del believes that, because del wants to believe it. It just sounds right, so how dare I ask the people making claims to substantiate them. :cuckoo:

do your own research, chump, and stop projecting what you want to believe as fact.

hint:wiki ain't research :thup:

otay?

:lol:

For those actually discussing the topic thank you.

For those that the subject of Christmas seems to bring out their very worst, you kind of make my point with this thread. So acknowledging the trolls desperate to change the subject, the profanity and unkind words and the neg rep received thus far. Just so you guys won't feel ignored. I wish those of you disinterested in the topic would find something else to do though.

Now if you don't mind, I would like to continue the discussion suggested in the OP

The Demographics really don't matter. But almost all of those who first came here, at least those that were religious at all, were Christian. The Indians didn't consider themselves to be Americans so I am not counting them. And Christmas was established in this country by those who came here and it was established as a Chrisitan Holy Day. Others, the non Christians or the not especially religious would embrace the occasion and make it their own complete with their own stories and traditions and imagery of Santa and elves and sugar plum fairies.

So the question in the OP, if we could get back to that please, is what is it about Christmas that is so offensive to so many of you? How is it a threat to anybody? Why should it be offensive to anybody? When it wasn't a problem for more than 150 years, why is it necessary to change "Christmas" to "Holidays" or cut out most traditional religious Christmas carols in schools to avoid 'offending' somebody? Who are all these people who are offended?

For those that the subject of Christmas seems to bring out their very worst, you kind of make my point with this thread. So acknowledging the trolls desperate to change the subject, the profanity and unkind words and the neg rep received thus far. Just so you guys won't feel ignored. I wish those of you disinterested in the topic would find something else to do though.

Now if you don't mind, I would like to continue the discussion suggested in the OP

The Demographics really don't matter. But almost all of those who first came here, at least those that were religious at all, were Christian. The Indians didn't consider themselves to be Americans so I am not counting them. And Christmas was established in this country by those who came here and it was established as a Chrisitan Holy Day. Others, the non Christians or the not especially religious would embrace the occasion and make it their own complete with their own stories and traditions and imagery of Santa and elves and sugar plum fairies.

So the question in the OP, if we could get back to that please, is what is it about Christmas that is so offensive to so many of you? How is it a threat to anybody? Why should it be offensive to anybody? When it wasn't a problem for more than 150 years, why is it necessary to change "Christmas" to "Holidays" or cut out most traditional religious Christmas carols in schools to avoid 'offending' somebody? Who are all these people who are offended?

why are you trying to further divide the people you pretend to care for with your disingenuous rhetoric as bolded above, you stupid bint?

damn, if you are religious, you will be in for a hell of a surprise come judgment day.

why are you trying to further divide the people you pretend to care for with your disingenuous rhetoric as bolded above, you stupid bint?

damn, if you are religious, you will be in for a hell of a surprise come judgment day.

Oh I may be stupid--I'm certain I am in your eyes--but I am a conservative. I don't consider asking a real question that has real answers to be divisive.

Oh I may be stupid--I'm certain I am in your eyes--but I am a conservative. I don't consider asking a real question that has real answers to be divisive.

what is your purpose. what do you think you can achieve by people answering your poll or your questions?

do you really think that you are posing "real" questions?

what has allegedly being "conservative" to do with this?

is this after all just a partisan bullshit thread? :eek:

what is your purpose. what do you think you can achieve by people answering your poll or your questions?

My purpose is having a civilized conversation on a subject of interest. Those not interested in the subject would be much more civilized if they found something else to do.

I don't have any issues with what anyone says. What ever floats their boat works for me.

As for schools, i prefer nothing religious. That does not mean they cannot have a festive month where they can decorate, have parties and the like. I think we are taking the PC do not offend anyone a bit to far though.

My purpose is having a civilized conversation on a subject of interest. Those not interested in the subject would be much more civilized if they found something else to do.

you crashed a totally civilized conservation, which happened despite your divisive phony presentation. at long last, have you no sense of decency?

you crashed a totally civilized conservation, which happened despite your divisive phony presentation. at long last, have you no sense of decency?

Conservation?

Decency? I have none. Have you any decency if you ask foxfyre about her decency?

If someone says Happy Holidays to you, why do you make an issue of it? Why not just accept in in the spirit it was given and say ....thank you

dude, predominantly?

almost 100%?

your logic sucks even more than your wit

anamists, lol

Hey, I've been told by my wife that my humor is bizarre, so it should be right up your alley!

spare me stories of you praising your "tool" in front of your beloved.

it can only end embarrassing you. or breaking arbitrary rules.

so let's just remember the latin word "anima" [no that was not a typo]. which is totally different from "enema" , which is anathema, and greek.

Actually my "tool" is nothing to gloat about. It serves its purpose but it is no great shakes.
My tongue on the other hand....that works wonders.

If someone says Happy Holidays to you, why do you make an issue of it? Why not just accept in in the spirit it was given and say ....thank you

I don't believe I said I have any problem with somebody saying Happy Holidays to me. I am pretty sure I didn't even infer that. I have a problem with those who resent my saying Merry Christmas to them.

now you and pilgrim have both done threads on what you say at christmas....i am sooooooo impressed...by both of you....not really.....i think both threads are equally as lame...i dont care what you say.....i dont care what anyone says....i sure dont appreciate the fact that you think merry christmas is the only valid greetings....shows more about you than it does the others...

now you and pilgrim have both done threads on what you say at christmas....i am sooooooo impressed...by both of you....not really.....i think both threads are equally as lame...i dont care what you say.....i dont care what anyone says....i sure dont appreciate the fact that you think merry christmas is the only valid greetings....shows more about you than it does the others...

I have not said, however, that I think that Merry Christmas is the only valid greeting. I have only said that it is the greeting that I use this time of year. For that I have been accused of trolling, have been told by several to go fuck myself, neg repped, and called some pretty ugly names. Which only emphasizes the point I'm making. Some of you obviously bitterly resent somebody who wishes them a Merry Christmas or chooses to celebrate Christmas rather than some other concept for the holidays.

Why is that? Why do you think it is lame? And why are you posting in a thread that is so lame?

obviously cause i am lame.. i was wrong there are 3 threads on this.....and since i told you ...yours was lame...i had to go tell them too....

come on people...does it matter what or how people express their so called holiday or christmas spirit? have we as a society become that petty?

Forum List

Back