I Remember When

I'm 80 years old and I remember when America's healthcare was the envy of the world. Rich folks and folks well off could pay most of their healthcare cost out of pocket, prices were reasonable. Folks less well off and the middle class could afford health insurance and charities, hospitals and doctors donated and volunteered to free and low cost clinics for the poor folks. Everything worked really well then along came the federal government and invented first Medicare then later Medicaid and America's healthcare system has been on a downhill run ever since. The more the feds screw with healthcare the worse it gets! I have no faith that Republicans will fix anything. Whatever they do it will be Obamacare revisited.

I think both major political parties really want a Single Payer system and they're torturing Americans into agreement to end up like the Europeans waiting in long lines to get critical operations.
Want to see single payer in action go to the VA.
Yep. And I worked in a VA hospital for over three years. People don't know what they are asking for.

I'm 80 years old and I remember when America's healthcare was the envy of the world. Rich folks and folks well off could pay most of their healthcare cost out of pocket, prices were reasonable. Folks less well off and the middle class could afford health insurance and charities, hospitals and doctors donated and volunteered to free and low cost clinics for the poor folks. Everything worked really well then along came the federal government and invented first Medicare then later Medicaid and America's healthcare system has been on a downhill run ever since. The more the feds screw with healthcare the worse it gets! I have no faith that Republicans will fix anything. Whatever they do it will be Obamacare revisited.

I think both major political parties really want a Single Payer system and they're torturing Americans into agreement to end up like the Europeans waiting in long lines to get critical operations.

Once The Federal Government allowed Health Care to become "FOR PROFIT" it's been jacked up ever since.
When did doctors work for free?

Are you daft?

Health Care was exclusively Non Profit, and there was plenty of money to build hospitals and to pay Drs and Nurses and do medical research.

Now HMOs and Health Insurance companies are building Glass & Chrome Skyscrapers, Paying themselves huge bonuses, and impoverishing patients who need medical care.
How did hospitals operate without profits? Any why bother unless it a charity hospital someone is funding. Profits are good, keeps people motivated to do things and make things.

I think you're right that the inevitable course will be to a Single Payer system. At the same time Medicare and Medicaid were implemented, though, other factors were at work and the advancement of medicine was making it necessary to open medical care to the less fortunate. It is actually an investment if it is done right.
I guess you didn't see what happened in the 2016 elections? The Concerned US citizens who put Trump into office, will not allow the left to move the healthcare system to single payer, for you can bet that they will rise up, like they did with Japan, and make sure the liberals rue the day... You can bet your bottom dollar on that...
Oh, I realize it will be awhile, but the ball is in play, and it will happen before too many more decades. Once you start down this path, it only leads to one place.

Yeah, most 80 year olds are pretty well taken care of with Medicare and remember the Cold War vividly enough not to being making foolish statements like this.

If you are 80 then I have a ten foot dick. Disclosure: I do not have a ten foot dick.

Once The Federal Government allowed Health Care to become "FOR PROFIT" it's been jacked up ever since.

America's healthcare has always been for profit. The private market place is the only place that can actually provide the best healthcare. Healthcare is not a right, it's a privilege. Nobody has a right to expect somebody else to care for them without compensation or expect somebody else to pay for it for them. Private market healthcare only sucks when government takes charge of it. Medicare only works because it only takes care of a percentage of the country subsidized by taxpayers. Put everybody on Medicare, and it would bankrupt the nation or you'll pay several times the tax rate you pay now and you'll wait in line for critical operations hoping you don't die first, just like Europe.

Forum List

Back