I remember when.....

Bonnie said:
Anyone remember their first skateboard?

Mine was black plasticy/rubber, with red wheels.
So funny, I was just get'n ready to post that... mine was blue and had metal wheels (we were poor, I couldn't afford a "good" one!).

What about.... bell-bottoms!

freeandfun1 said:
So funny, I was just get'n ready to post that... mine was blue and had metal wheels (we were poor, I couldn't afford a "good" one!).

What about.... bell-bottoms!

I wear bell bottoms now..lol Everything old is new again I guess :D

OKAY!! How many posters did you have on your bedroom walls and of who?

I had an Easy Rider post with Fonda and Hopper...An Ozzy Poster with Randy Rhodes, A black light poster of the Hobbit and the black light to go with it. A Wasp poster, a Resovior Dogs Poster more that I can't remember

Who had a strobe light in their room??

Bonnie said:

I had an Easy Rider post with Fonda and Hopper...An Ozzy Poster with Randy Rhodes, A black light poster of the Hobbit and the black light to go with it. A Wasp poster, a Resovior Dogs Poster more that I can't remember

I had ONE and I CHERISHED IT!

I was of....

arkiv_farrah-poster.jpg

Farrah Fawcett!
(For those of you that don't know what it was like when she was actually HOT!)​

Bonnie said:

Beach Boys...Jan &Dean....only cause I surfed and dated Jans girlfriend before she was his....No strobe lights or skateboards...before my time....opp's just dated myself...sigh...

What were your three favorite songs from say, years 9 - 13?

Mine:

1. "Paradise by the Dashboard Light"
2. "Beth"
3. "If you told me you were drowning, I would not lend a hand"

I remember #3 vividly. I was 13 and it was the last summer I was going to live in the town I had lived in since I was 9. It was the summer where my life REALLY began to change. I started high school in the fall of 1981 in a new town, but lived most of the summer in the other. So that was kinda like my - blast into "life".

freeandfun1 said:
What were your three favorite songs from say, years 9 - 13?

Mine:

1. "Paradise by the Dashboard Light"
2. "Beth"
3. "If you told me you were drowning, I would not lend a hand"

I remember #3 vividly. I was 13 and it was the last summer I was going to live in the town I had lived in since I was 9. It was the summer where my life REALLY began to change. I started high school in the fall of 1981 in a new town, but lived most of the summer in the other. So that was kinda like my - blast into "life".

It's hard to pick just three, but okay

1. Moody Blues...Nights in White Satin
2. Kiss...............I Want You
3. Led Zepplin....Battle of Evermore and No Quarter
4. Doors.............The End and Wishful Sinful

I remember the Doors song the End vividly because my parents took me into NY to see the opening of "Apocalypse Now" at the Zeigfield theatre when I was about 8 years old I think.

Bonnie said:
It's hard to pick just three, but okay

1. Moody Blues...Nights in White Satin
2. Kiss...............I Want You
3. Led Zepplin....Battle of Evermore and No Quarter

Damn, I thought it was "Knights In White Satin!"

Theme of my senior prom and I got it wrong!

Bonnie said:
Kathianne shame on you!! :whip3: LOL

I know! Can I blame it on my 'hearing?' I wanted a knight! Thanks to a certain person! :bow2:

Remember when? I have too much to remember, but a few of them are:
1-Gasoline rationing.
2-Glass gasoline pumps that after you told the man how many gallons you wanted, he would pump that much into the glass bowl and it was gravity feed to your tank. Usually 2 gallons at 12 cents a gallon.
3-The tank would probably be on a Ford Model "A" or a Model "T"
4-Walking 4 1/2 miles to town without seeing a car, but maybe a horse and wagon or two would pass.
5-Coca Cola was 20 cents for a 6 pack of 6oz cokes, but most people were too poor to buy any.
6-And at 8 years old, being promoted from mundane chores to plowing with the mule.
7-Trying to scrape up a quarter on Sat. afternoon to go see a western movie and get a box of pop corn.
8-And butchering time. Hog's head cheese, cracklings, the smell of the smoke house and blood pudding.

All that was from my childhood and being grown has more not so nice memories.

Merlin said:
Remember when? I have too much to remember, but a few of them are:
1-Gasoline rationing.
2-Glass gasoline pumps that after you told the man how many gallons you wanted, he would pump that much into the glass bowl and it was gravity feed to your tank. Usually 2 gallons at 12 cents a gallon.
3-The tank would probably be on a Ford Model "A" or a Model "T"
4-Walking 4 1/2 miles to town without seeing a car, but maybe a horse and wagon or two would pass.
5-Coca Cola was 20 cents for a 6 pack of 6oz cokes, but most people were too poor to buy any.
6-And at 8 years old, being promoted from mundane chores to plowing with the mule.
7-Trying to scrape up a quarter on Sat. afternoon to go see a western movie and get a box of pop corn.
8-And butchering time. Hog's head cheese, cracklings, the smell of the smoke house and blood pudding.

All that was from my childhood and being grown has more not so nice memories.

Merlin, with these 'memories' you sound older than my 84 year old father! :laugh: I take it you were from 'rural' area?

Kathianne said:
Merlin, with these 'memories' you sound older than my 84 year old father! :laugh: I take it you were from 'rural' area?
No, I'm not that old, just have a good memory. I grew up on 30 acres of strawberries though before they had plastic and sprinkler systems and to raise strawberries, it was a 13 month out of the year job. They won't let kids work any more, but starting when I was about 6 years old, when we got our chores caught up after school, we could go to other farms and do certain things by moonlight till about 9:00 P.M.. I remember these things as being fun, but it also seems like another life time. I was 14 years old when we got indoor water with plumbing, so I have a few other memories too. Granted, some aren't so pleasant.

Forum List

Back