I Really Don't Understand The Left

Given the evidence, it certainly is at the very least "OK". It has improved its economy with Putin since 1999, exponentially, but since you have an irrational ax to grind against Russia and Putin, you refuse to acknowledge its economic achievements.

Free-market shock therapy with its mass privatization of state-owned assets was a complete disaster for Russia and it wasn't until Putin's economic reforms that we saw a marked improvement in Russia's economy.

View attachment 878008

Putin's economic strategy since 1999 has been pivotal in transforming Russia's economy, demonstrating the effectiveness of increased state control and strategic planning. This approach starkly contrasts with the neoliberal "shock therapy" policies of the 1990s, which led to economic turmoil and social distress in Russia.

Your mention of Poland and other European countries that also saw dramatic improvements in their economies in the last 33 years only proves my point that mixed economies, with significant state ownership and participation, are more successful and robust than American-style neoliberalism which privatizes every nook and cranny of the economy. leading to gross inequality and an endless series of boom and bust business cycles, requiring massive government bailouts of private companies and state intervention.

1. Nationalization of Key Industries: Putin's move to nationalize major industries, particularly the oil industry, stands as a testament to the benefits of state control in critical economic sectors. This nationalization allowed for more strategic resource management, stability in production, and ensured that the profits from these industries could be reinvested into the Russian economy.
  2. Diversification Beyond Oil: While oil and natural resources remain central to the Russian economy, there's been notable progress in diversifying into other sectors under Putin. The nuclear energy sector is a prime example, with Russia expanding its capabilities and becoming the top exporter of uranium for nuclear plants worldwide. This diversification is a strategic move that reduces reliance on a single commodity and paves the way for a more balanced economy.
  3. Economic Resilience Against Sanctions: Despite facing economic sanctions from the US and EU, Russia under Putin has shown remarkable resilience. This resilience is a clear indication of the strength and effectiveness of Putin's economic policies. The ability to sustain and grow the economy in the face of external pressures highlights the strategic foresight of increasing state involvement in key sectors.
  4. Improved Living Standards and Employment: Contrasting sharply with the 1990s, the Putin era has seen significant improvements in living standards, with increased incomes and reduced unemployment. This success is directly attributable to the economic reforms that focused on job creation and wealth redistribution, ensuring that the gains from nationalized industries and economic growth translated into tangible benefits for the Russian populace.
  5. Challenging Global Economic Structures: Putin's economic policies go beyond national interests, challenging the global economic status quo. The formation of BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa) as an alternative economic bloc is a bold step towards challenging American economic hegemony and the centrality of the USD as the world's reserve currency. This move is indicative of Putin's vision of a multipolar world where economic power is more evenly distributed.

Putin's approval ratings in Russia are quite high:

View attachment 878011

Your neoliberal, Western imperialist ideas aren't very good and that's why you see Russia as a tyrannical state and ignore all of its achievements in the last 24 years since Putin came to power.

You sound delusional.

A defender of Russian oligarchy and plutocracy, no wonder you sound so delusional.

Only a brain-dead deluded imbecile would defend the laissez-faire, "free-market" shock therapy Russia endured in the 1990s with disastrous consequences and pretend Putin's economic reforms in the last 24 years haven't significantly improved Russia's economy.

Simpleton, what you don’t get is that there are more dimensions to economic results than nationalizing or privatizing something.

If a country is a fundamentally corrupt, autocratic shit hole then it’s economic and social indicators will be badly underperforming no matter how many natural resources it has or what market ideology it adopts.

Last edited:
Putin's approval ratings in Russia are quite high:

View attachment 878011

Your neoliberal, Western imperialist ideas aren't very good and that's why you see Russia as a tyrannical state and ignore all of its achievements in the last 24 years since Putin came to power.

facepalm-kain-678x381px.jpg

Low aproval ratings are for open societies with freedom of speech and independent media. Long term 80%+ approval ratings are only found under repressive autocratic regimes, which make sure there is no viable opposition, no public criticism, no real political competition.

Hitler, Stalin, Saddam, Kim Jong Un, Putin - all extremely popular among the population they carefully brainwashed.

Putin has a tight grip on all major media within his country and it's little beyond an extension of his regime's propaganda machinery (plus entertainment). There is no real political opposition to criticize him (all jailed, exiled and killed off) and public criticism of his war is a quick ticket to jail.

Most of Russians have been carefully curated into political apathy and think of Putin's rule as some sort of axiom or law of physics they have no input on. "Politics is for politicians" or "if not Putin, then who?" is what you will hear a Russian most often say.

You bringing up this autocrat's populatrity here shows that you understand very little about social and governing foundations of economies.

Last edited:
facepalm-kain-678x381px.jpg

Low aproval ratings are for open societies with freedom of speech and independent media. Long term 80%+ approval ratings are only found under repressive autocratic regimes, which make sure there is no viable opposition, no public criticism, no real political competition.

Hitler, Stalin, Saddam, Kim Jong Un, Putin - all extremely popular among the population they carefully brainwashed.

Putin has a tight grip on all major media within his country and it's little beyond an extension of his regime's propaganda machinery (plus entertainment). There is no real political opposition to criticize him (all jailed, exiled and killed off) and public criticism of his war is a quick ticket to jail.

Most of Russians have been carefully curated into political apathy and think of Putin's rule as some sort of axiom or law of physics they have no input on. "Politics is for politicians" or "if not Putin, then who?" is what you will hear a Russian most often say.

You bringing up this autocrat's populatrity here shows that you understand very little about social and governing foundations of economies.

There is no viable opposition to Putin's leadership and that's obvious to most Russians. Russia may not have a Jeffersonian democracy but that's fine because we don't either and hence have no moral high ground upon which to stand and criticize Russia for not having one.

Simpleton, what you don’t get is that there are more dimensions to economic results than nationalizing or privatizing something.

If a country is a fundamentally corrupt, autocratic shit hole then it’s economic and social indicators will be badly underperforming no matter how many natural resources it has or what market ideology it adopts.
As usual, you are resorting to insults and strawman arguments. Assuming that Russia is as totalitarian as you claim that wouldn't necessarily undermine its economy. Pro-capitalist apologists like yourself are the ones who reduce the success of an economy to the freedom and reach of imaginary "free markets", that have never existed at a national scale due to capitalism's penchant for cronyism and monopolizing market share. Everything and everyone in your puny, artificial capitalist fantasy world is reduced to a commodity, so you're in no position to accuse anyone of being a "simpleton", you naive little boy.

Last edited:
Biden has high disapproval numbers. The majority of Americans can't make ends meet. 70% of Americans say the country is on the wrong track and heading in the wrong direction. Income inequality is getting worse. Crime is out of control. Polls continue showing a majority of voters, including many of those on the left, trust Trump and the Republicans more regarding the economy, foreign affairs, and crime. And yet these very same lefties in the polling reject Trump's and the Republican's ideas on the economy, foreign affairs, and crime and have agreed with Biden's decisions on these things while claiming they trust Trump and the Republicans more on these issues than Biden. I'm left scratching my head.

Crime is way down. Check the facts.

There is no viable opposition to Putin's leadership and that's obvious to most Russians. Russia may not have a Jeffersonian democracy but that's fine because we don't either and hence have no moral high ground upon which to stand and criticize Russia for not having one.

.......It's "fine" that Putin kills off and jails any real opposition...American gov does that too.

What the fuck is wrong with you?

Are you getting paid to shill this ludecrous, insane bullshit for mother Russia?

.......It's "fine" that Putin kills off and jails any real opposition...American gov does that too.

What the fuck is wrong with you?

Are you getting paid to shill this ludecrous, insane bullshit for mother Russia?

Everyone who doesn't accept the West's narrative on Putin and Russia is a supposed "paid shill". If you insist on playing such silly games, I could just as well accuse you of being a paid shill of the Western imperialist elites who are much more destructive than Putin, causing much more harm around the world, under the false pretext of making the world safer for democracy. All that they're doing is increasing weapons sales and holding markets and natural resources around the planet captive. The US in its effort to achieve full=spectral-dominance around the world with its 700+ military installations and bases, threats of economic austerities from sanctions, and outright war, has ruined and destroyed millions of lives around the world.

Russia until recently, before its media and Russia in general were banned from the West, there were plenty of American government-funded NGOs and other politically oriented groups advancing an American geopolitical agenda, within Putin's Russia. Several media outlets were staunch critics of Putin that had been broadcasting their anti-Putin message for years and they weren't closed by the Russian government until the West banned Russian media. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

When the American ruling class considers you a threat to their power and vested interests what do you think happens? Violence, incarceration, and destruction. That happens in every human society. Challenge the alpha-dog/s and you get bit, perhaps killed. The Liberals who you defend become just as intolerant and dangerous as the conservatives. I don't have a problem with my society or its leadership being intolerant of the opposition and even coercive, provided they're correct and competent leaders. Liberals like you hide behind a false facade of civility, yet are ravenous wolves in sheep's clothing.

The reality is that your charges against Putin are unfounded and without much merit. There is a backstory to many of these supposed victims of Putin, which you ignore. There's a context that reveals these supposed victims weren't as innocent as the anti-Putin opposition portrays them. If you want to ally yourself with Pussy Riot and Alexei Navalny go right ahead.

Last edited:
Everyone who doesn't accept the West's narrative on Putin and Russia is a supposed "paid shill". If you insist on playing such silly games, I could just as well accuse you of being a paid shill of the Western imperialist elites who are much more destructive than Putin, causing much more harm around the world, under the false pretext of making the world safer for democracy. All that they're doing is increasing weapons sales and holding markets and natural resources around the planet captive. The US in its effort to achieve full=spectral-dominance around the world with its 700+ military installations and bases, threats of economic austerities from sanctions, and outright war, has ruined and destroyed millions of lives around the world.

Russia until recently, before its media and Russia in general were banned from the West, there were plenty of American government-funded NGOs and other politically oriented groups advancing an American geopolitical agenda, within Putin's Russia. Several media outlets were staunch critics of Putin that had been broadcasting their anti-Putin message for years and they weren't closed by the Russian government until the West banned Russian media. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

When the American ruling class considers you a threat to their power and vested interests what do you think happens? Violence, incarceration, and destruction. That happens in every human society. Challenge the alpha-dog/s and you get bit, perhaps killed. The Liberals who you defend become just as intolerant and dangerous as the conservatives. I don't have a problem with my society or its leadership being intolerant of the opposition and even coercive, provided they're correct and competent leaders. Liberals like you hide behind a false facade of civility, yet are ravenous wolves in sheep's clothing.

The reality is that your charges against Putin are unfounded and without much merit. There is a backstory to many of these supposed victims of Putin, which you ignore. There's a context that reveals these supposed victims weren't as innocent as the anti-Putin opposition portrays them. If you want to ally yourself with Pussy Riot and Alexei Navalny go right ahead.

I am a Russian born, Russian speaking, Russian reading, follower of what is going on in Russia.

I watch their media, I read their publications and their opinion polling. And of course as an American I also know how people here view all that from outside.

How stupid do you have to be to imagine YOU can explain to ME what is happening in Russia?

How crazed do you have to be to not see clear contrast between a fairly open society that is America and a repressive state like Russia?

America has competitive elections, peaceful transfer of power, independent courts and real freedom of speech and media.

Russia has NONE OF THAT. Russians have NEVER voted in a change in power.

Putin was installed by Yeltsin and made damn sure his regime would be the only game in town.

Last edited:
Reminds me of when I saw Bill O'Reilly interview Whoopi Goldberg many years ago on his show. Bill O'Reilly was churning out facts and figures on various subjects and Whoopi would have none of it. She cut Bill O'Reilly off and declared she didn't care about facts and figures, she only listens to her heart on subjects. O'Reilly was literally stunned into silence. He had no idea how to respond to her.
Bill O'Reilly and facts did not exist together.

I am a Russian born, Russian speaking, Russian reading, follower of what is going on in Russia.

I watch their media, I read their newspapers and as an American I also know how Americans view all that from outside.

How stupid do you have to be to imagine YOU can explain to ME what is happening in Russia?
These guys are "experts" on everything but being white Americans. And that's rather pathetic, because that's what they are.

What the "unacceptable" part?

Well first of all, when we negotiate the purchase of Mexican land like CA. AZ. NM, TX. UT, NV, etc., it was agreed there would be no movement restrictions and Mexican nationals could stay on their property in the US, without hinderance to them of anyone else crossing the border back and forth.
Treaties like Guadelupe Hildalgo.

You are forgetting that Russia is a very cold place with a rather small population.
Considering, they are doing great.
In fact, they have better healthcare than we do.
They do not spend over 50% of their taxes on the useless military, like we do.

I watch their media, I read their publications and their opinion polling. And of course as an American I also know how people here view all that from outside.

No one has to defend Russia, but clearly seem you are totally unaware of how bad the US is on comparison.
We are bribing or starting wars all over the globe.
For example, why do you think Ambassador Stevens was in Benghazi with pallets of cash and a CIA annex warehouse of weapons?
Look at who we get to vote for?
Biden or Trump?
I'd rather have Putin than either of them.

Wrong.
It the US that is bankrupting Russia, like SDI.
We are invading, bribing, or taking over the whole globe, and Russia is doing pretty good to just survive against all the evil we are doing.

“We”?

Russian bullshit spreading sock puppet like you?

You have nothing to do with us.

• Winner
Reactions: IM2
Biden has high disapproval numbers. The majority of Americans can't make ends meet. 70% of Americans say the country is on the wrong track and heading in the wrong direction. Income inequality is getting worse. Crime is out of control. Polls continue showing a majority of voters, including many of those on the left, trust Trump and the Republicans more regarding the economy, foreign affairs, and crime. And yet these very same lefties in the polling reject Trump's and the Republican's ideas on the economy, foreign affairs, and crime and have agreed with Biden's decisions on these things while claiming they trust Trump and the Republicans more on these issues than Biden. I'm left scratching my head.
take a long look at that mug shot that your idiot in chief is so proud of.

• Winner
Reactions: IM2
/—-/ democRATs are waking up finally as Dementia Joe lashes out.

Forum List

Back