I never thought I could despise anyone as much as I do this person.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Stephanie, Feb 27, 2006.

1. Stephanie

Stephanie Diamond Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,360
    Sunday, Feb. 26, 2006 11:33 p.m. EST
    Hillary Clinton: Republicans Sick of Bush

2008 presidential hopeful Hillary Clinton told supporters at an Orlando, Florida fundraiser Friday night that Republicans have "had enough" of President Bush, adding that GOP ethics scandals and troop casualties in Iraq have helped Democrats.There it is, she finally said it. That our men and women dying is helping the Dems. I hate this bitch.
    "I think people are starting to wake up," Mrs. Clinton told donors gathered at a Lake Gatlin private home, according to the Orlando Sentinel.

"And I'm so relieved, because there has been incalculable damage done in the past five years," she claimed. "I have so many Republicans who say to me: `I've had enough. I didn't sign on for this.'"

According to the Sentinel: "Clinton attributed increased support for the Democratic Party to GOP ethics scandals, as well as national spending and military death tallies."

The evening reportedly netted Hillary's Senate reelection campaign about $75,000 - $25,000 more than her host had expected.
    http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2006/2/26/233656.shtml?s=icp

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. rtwngAvngr

rtwngAvngr Guest

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +511
    Shhe's such a stupid tw rhymes with what. Bush can't run again. Why is she talking about him? We are sick of Bush, but we'll probably prefer another republican next time. duh.

3. acludem

acludem VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +69
    She didn't say that the deaths were good. Can you not read? She said listed troop casualties as one of the reasons why people were upset with the Bush administration, or are you saying that people shouldn't be upset with the Bush administration's handling of the war when we've had 25,000 casualties? BTW, Casualities means wounded and dead. Hillary is right on this, the GOP is in trouble because of ethics scandals, the continued failures in Iraq, and because the budget deficit is out of control.

acludem

4. Bonnie

Bonnie Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669
    Yes and the Dems are at the top of their game :rotflmao:

5. Mr. P

Mr. P Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +620
    She wishs she was, but she's not. She's in her spin mode, pal.
    She eqates "Tired of" with "disappointment", not the same thing. Suck it up, we all don't blindly follow every move the party makes.

Like RWA said, we'd still rather go Republican. Never Hillary if that's what ya think.

6. Bonnie

Bonnie Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669

:) P

7. Abbey Normal

Abbey Normal Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +391
    If troop casualties are good for Democrats (I hate to even type that sentence), sHrillary being nominated is even better for Republicans. :mm: Unless she indeed made a pact with the devil, I believe she is unelectable.

8. acludem

acludem VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +69
    I would prefer Hillary not be the candidate for my party in 2008. I'm for a center-left candidate preferably from the midwest like Evan Bayh from Indiana, Tom Vilsack from Iowa or my dark horse Gov. Kathleen Sebelius of Kansas.

acludem

9. no1tovote4

no1tovote4 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +616
    Democrats have shown again and again that they prefer unelectable candidates to a true center-left candidate.

It was a fluke when they put Clinton forward.

10. acludem

acludem VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +69
    Al Gore won the presidency in 2000, that was a successful campaign that Republicans stole from us at the end. Kerry wasn't the right candidate in 2004, but he ran a great campaign. In fact, going all the way back to LBJ, there have been only two "coastal liberals" as candidates, Dukakis and Kerry. Other candidates have been from the south or midwest (Humphrey, McGovern, Carter, Mondale, Clinton, Gore). Of those, only Clinton and Gore had a serious chance to win - no one was going to beat Nixon in '72, Reagan in '80 and '84 and Bush in '88.

acludem