I need help with my test for tommorow

toastman

Gold Member
Aug 17, 2012
1. When was the country of Palestine founded, and by whom?
2. Where were the State of Palestine's borders?
3. What was the Capital of Palestine?
4. Name 3 of Palestine's major cities.
5. Name at least one Palestinian Leader before Yassir Arafat.
6. What was the language of the country of Palestine?
7. What was the prevalent religion of the country of Palestine?
8. What was the name of Palestinian currency?
9. Choose any date in history, and tell, what was the approximate exchange rate of the said Palestinian monetary unit against the US Dollar, German Mark, GB Pound, Japanese Yen, or Chinese Yuan on that date.
10. Since there is no country of Palestine today, what caused its demise, and when did it occur?
11. Why did the Palestinians never try to become independent until after the devastating defeat of invading Arab States in the 1967 Six Day War?

Can anyone help me answer these questions ? :confused::confused:

1. When was the country of Palestine founded, and by whom?
2. Where were the State of Palestine's borders?
3. What was the Capital of Palestine?
4. Name 3 of Palestine's major cities.
5. Name at least one Palestinian Leader before Yassir Arafat.
6. What was the language of the country of Palestine?
7. What was the prevalent religion of the country of Palestine?
8. What was the name of Palestinian currency?
9. Choose any date in history, and tell, what was the approximate exchange rate of the said Palestinian monetary unit against the US Dollar, German Mark, GB Pound, Japanese Yen, or Chinese Yuan on that date.
10. Since there is no country of Palestine today, what caused its demise, and when did it occur?
11. Why did the Palestinians never try to become independent until after the devastating defeat of invading Arab States in the 1967 Six Day War?

Can anyone help me answer these questions ? :confused::confused:

I recently read “The Oxford History of the Biblical World,” edited by Dr. Michael D. Coogan, director of publications for the Harvard Semitic Museum and expert in Near Eastern languages and literatures. The book is excellent on Syria-Palestinian archeology.
The following will shed light on some of the questions.

The end of the thirteenth century BCE saw major disruptions in the civilizations of the Near East, Cyprus and Greece for unclear reasons (possible major droughts). “Many populations appear to have migrated….Egypt was attacked by groups called ‘Sea Peoples.’ They were repelled from Egypt, but the Egyptians could not stop them from taking over the Canaan coast. The Philistines …were among the Sea Peoples.”
“…the Philistines did not occupy the coast of Canaan until the twelfth century BCE…”

“Not long before, another group had appeared in the land of Canaan…This group called itself Israel…The Egyptians maintained some control over parts of Canaan until just after the death of Rameses III in 1153 BCE….[including] Canaanites, Egyptians, Israelites, and the mysterious ‘Sea Peoples,’ of whom the Philistines are the best known. The settlement process in highland Israel began a generation or two before the Sea Peoples arrived on the coast…The displacement and migration of the tribe of Dan from the central coast to the far north is symptomatic of …this event.”

“This movement is documented by a variety of written sources in Akkadian, Ugaritic, Egyptian, and Hebrew, by Egyptian wall reliefs and by archeology.”
“The Philistines bequeathed their own name to Philistia (and later to all of Palestine).”
“Cypriot archaeologists invoke the Achaeans or Danaoi of Homeric epic as the agents of culture change in Cyprus; in the Levant, the same change is ascribed to the Sea Peoples. Both agents participated in the event recorded by Rameses III and should be related to the same confederacy of Sea Peoples, or Mycenaean Greeks, who invaded the coastlands of (Cyprus) around 1185-1175.”

Further evidence of the origin of the Philistines can be seen in biblical texts, which indicate expert bowman, “chariot-warriors,” and “chariots of iron,” (I Samuel 31.3, Judg. 1.18-19) and pottery which show warriors armed like the Mycenaean warriors depicted on the famous “Warrior Vase” found in Mycenae. The description fits Goliatath, as in I Samuel 17.5-6.

Under King David, first quarter of the tenth century, the Philistines were driven back to their original coastal cities.

More contemporary history?

In the Arabian peninsula the Hashemites lost out after World War I to the Al Saud family/tribe following a long struggle. Transjordan was created by the British in 1921 when they detached it from Palestine within their League of Nations Mandate. Abdullah bin Hussein Ali al-Hashem, a son of Sharif Hussein of Mecca, the king of Hijaz (now part of Saudi Arabia), had established himself in Amman with the intention of moving against the French in Syria. Instead he accepted the British offer to become emir of Transjordan, with that state as a semiautonomous entity under British colonial tutelage. Britain held control of the country’s finances, external relations, and its army, the Arab Legion.

The territory was underpopulated, and mostly small villages. To populate, Abdullah welcomed Arab nationalists of all stripes, including many Palestinians, in addition to the Hashemites that he brought with him. On March 22, 1946, a treaty formally ended the British mandate. Transjordan gained formal independence and changed its name to the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan; Abdullah formally became King Abdullah I.

Palestinian refugees and their descendants became the majority but Hussein built his regime on the support of loyal and conservative Bedouin tribes, and increasingly, East Bank Jordanians—the monarchy’s political base. An autonomous Palestinian political identity did not begin to assert itself until the mid-1960s. In the 1950s, no political organization existed around which a specifically Palestinian identity could be articulated. Pan-Arabism was a dominant mode of political expression, and the Hashimite regime strongly promoted Jordanian sovereignty over Palestinian affairs and identity.In personal style, King Hussein was a classic Bedouin leader.
This support allowed him to put down the Black September revolt.

So, by Jordanian, if we divide the population by motivation, the King has Hashemite decendents, and Bedouins. The ones we call Palestinians hate his accomodations with Israel.

If you intend this question to mean that Palestinians are merely Jordanians, you simply intend to have someone else handle the problem for Israel.

Please people. This thread is dedicated to the great nation of palestine !!!!!!
Whoever can answer the questions, will help me greatly !

wow harley, I think you take the cake for dumbest poster

Dude...you're re-posting this idiocy as if you have some winning-hand, and yet you summon the extraordinary chutzpah to call anyone else "dumb'??? You're in an exclusive club with hoss...roudy...hollie...sayit..etc.

Just remember, I didn't say anything regarding me having the winning hand, you did.

but thx :razz:

When you're in a biker gang, it's important to be one of the front riders, otherwise you keep breathing the carbon monoxide fumes from the bikes ahead of you.

Last edited:
When you're in a biker gang, it's important to be one of the front riders, otherwise you keep breathing the carbon monoxide fumes from the bikes ahead of you.

Ouch! Glad your on a side of a person that is too lazy to do his own work. You part of the 47% as well?

Dude...you're re-posting this idiocy as if you have some winning-hand, and yet you summon the extraordinary chutzpah to call anyone else "dumb'??? You're in an exclusive club with hoss...roudy...hollie...sayit..etc.

Just remember, I didn't say anything regarding me having the winning hand, you did.

but thx :razz:

No elaboration?

This is a trick question thread. I don't really have an exam with those questions you retarded peasant

How is a trick question? You just made it look like your a lazy SOB

That's so funny and coincidental, I also need help with this quiz. Can anybody help?

1. 1968 Bobby Kennedy was shot and killed by:

a. Superman
b. Jay Leno
c. Harry Potter
d. A Muslim male extremist between the ages of 17 and 40

2. In 1972 at the Munich Olympics, athletes were kidnapped and massacred by :

a. Olga Corbett
b. Sitting Bull
c. Arnold Schwarzenegger
d. Muslim male extremists mostly between the ages of 17 and 40

3. In 1979, the US embassy in Iran was taken over by:

a. Lost Norwegians
b. Elvis
c. A tour bus full of 80-year-old women
d . Muslim male extremists mostly between the ages of 17 and 40

4. During the 1980′s a number of Americans were kidnapped in Lebanon by:

a. John Dillinger
b. The King of Sweden
c. The Boy Scouts
d. Muslim male extremists mostly between the ages of 17 and 40

Reduced for copywrite compliance

I don't understand why when anyone tries to help those Zionists see the truth about Palestine or Palestinians, their supporters just call you names, disappear or try to change the subject. Case in point, the thread Palestinian contributions to peace, mankind & civilization with over 7000 replies & still not even one Palestinian contribution listed. Why is that?

I answered d to all the questions except for question #9, I'm still convinced Richard Simmons had something to do with the 1993 WTC bombing

I don't understand why when anyone tries to help those Zionists see the truth about Palestine or Palestinians, their supporters just call you names, disappear or try to change the subject. Case in point, the thread Palestinian contributions to peace, mankind & civilization with over 7000 replies & still not even one Palestinian contribution listed. Why is that?

I intend to break that record and get this thread to 8000 replies without one single answer to my simple questions

Forum List

Back