I might be off the Cain train

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
His first point of tension for me was the Greenspan answer, but I can give him a pass for that one.

Then abortion stance. It first was a poorly worded answer and then he took the extremist answer (no abortion ever). Best answer he should have given, "I am against Roe v. Wade" and I will seek it getting overturned and appoint judges to see that it is.

The China answer. He made a gaffe. He should have corrected himself quickly. Most LOGICAL people knew what he was saying. China is upgrading their nukes and military capacities, but it sounded bad nonetheless.

Then the sexual harassment RESPONSE. I mean they were caught so off-guard, by something they should have known was coming!

Now the Libya thing. What the hell was that.

Foreign is what people are claiming is your weak point, why aren't you studying up?

I still love the 9-9-9 plan, his economic geniuity is remarkable and undeniable and he would be the perfect man running our economy. However, he has too much foot and mouth disease and I think Romney might be a better pick.

Does this mean that you're a racist? Because I'm pretty sure you've stated in the past that your support of Cain proved you weren't one.

:eusa_eh:

ahh now ravi...dont kick the ghook when he is down.....

he finally admits that the gop gods have deemed romney the nominee to hand the election to obama

the Cain train has derariled and its best to find another way to the station.

Isn't there anyone to blame for Cain's brain fart? Surely the media/liberals/DNC/Perry campaign had something to do with it!

If 9-9-9 didn't convince you that Cain should not be allowed anywhere near any seat of power in Washington, how could his ineptitude answering a simple question about Libya dissuade?

Why on earth would working American families vote for someone promising a 9% increase in their cost of living?

I don't care what his personal view is on abortion. I don't care who says what about sexual harassment unless they have proof. I don't overly mind his gaffes at all. Everyone who spends time in front of the media is gonna say something dumb occasionally. I find it mildly entertaining that those who defend one politicians gaffes as 'misspeaks' are the same ones who howl like banshees about the gaffes from the other side.

Frankly, I like him because he's not a DC insider. Simple. I hate politicians.

Do you want guy that talks the talk or walks the walk? A guy who sounds great but can't govern worth a damn? Or a guy that doesn't spread the fertilizer real smooth but gets the job done?

God, we're so stupid when it comes to electing our political leaders.

Isn't there anyone to blame for Cain's brain fart? Surely the media/liberals/DNC/Perry campaign had something to do with it!

If 9-9-9 didn't convince you that Cain should not be allowed anywhere near any seat of power in Washington, how could his ineptitude answering a simple question about Libya dissuade?

Why on earth would working American families vote for someone promising a 9% increase in their cost of living?
Did anyone from the press or during the debates ever ask him that question?

All you need to know about Cain is he's a former lobbyist....even slimier than a politician, imo.

Does this mean that you're a racist? Because I'm pretty sure you've stated in the past that your support of Cain proved you weren't one.

Your wrong on that fat stuff. I didn't state it, because I could careless less if people thought I was a racist. I never like Cain because he was a black. Rather I liked him because of his business expertise and 999 plan.

So go eat another twinkie!

ahh now ravi...dont kick the ghook when he is down.....

he finally admits that the gop gods have deemed romney the nominee to hand the election to obama

GOP gods have not picked Romney just yet. And Romney would be a great candidate. He would be 1000 fold better than what we have now!

The 9 9 9 plan is brillant and you are WRONG to say it would raise our cost of living.

First, 46% of majority aged Americans don't pay Federal income taxes. HOWEVER, 22% of Americans are on social security and don't pay tax on SS including a 9% income tax. Take those people off the table and you have that 46% might be 20-25%. Non-SS American pay taxes to the tune of about 75-80%

Second, the 9-9-9 plan gets rid of the payroll tax. Employees pay between 6.2-7.5% in payroll tax and the employer pays 7.5% Both burdens are eliminated in the 9-9-9- plan

Therefore, take the 6.2% payroll and federal income tax and 75-80% of American's income tax would decrease. For the 20-25% whose income taxes might increase by 1.5-2.8%. Cain has already said that he is working on an earned income tax credit for them.

Third, "expert" say that tax burdens will still increase because of the 9% sales taxes. The experts leave out the fact that business's tax burdens are removed. Business taxes aren't paid by businesses they are paid by the consumer in the form of higher prices. Business pay the Payroll tax for all employees, income tax for all non C-Corps, capital gains and corporate taxes (not too mention the cost of regulations that businessman Cain would surly eliminate). All these tax burdens get pushed onto the consumer. Take them away (or reduce them) and the cost of goods will go down. The cost reduction will offset the 9% sales tax!

Take away the small business killing payroll tax alone will cause a hiring boom. Lower the corporate tax to 9% from 35% you will see corporation onshore and foreign corporation relocation. Take 9% income tax and you will see successful small business start hiring and investing, S-Corps, LLC, LP etc will have a boom. Capital gains will free up money.

9 income and 9 corp (along with regulation reform) offset the 3rd world's slave wages and help us compete against them in the manufacturing and R & D relm.

The plan is brillant! The media villifies it because they are protecting their boy!

Your wrong on that fat stuff. I didn't state it, because I could careless less if people thought I was a racist. I never like Cain because he was a black. Rather I liked him because of his business expertise and 999 plan.

So go eat another twinkie!
Yeah, it might have been PPilgrim. Sometimes I get you two mixed up.

Try not to cry too much.

I don't care what his personal view is on abortion. I don't care who says what about sexual harassment unless they have proof. I don't overly mind his gaffes at all. Everyone who spends time in front of the media is gonna say something dumb occasionally. I find it mildly entertaining that those who defend one politicians gaffes as 'misspeaks' are the same ones who howl like banshees about the gaffes from the other side.

Frankly, I like him because he's not a DC insider. Simple. I hate politicians.

Exactly why I like him.... :clap2:

Actually, on Lawrence O'Donnell last night, he showed that most of Cain's serious gaffes came when he was wearing a red tie instead of his customary yellow one.

Maybe the Dems planted a mind control chip on his red ties.

His first point of tension for me was the Greenspan answer, but I can give him a pass for that one.

Then abortion stance. It first was a poorly worded answer and then he took the extremist answer (no abortion ever). Best answer he should have given, "I am against Roe v. Wade" and I will seek it getting overturned and appoint judges to see that it is.

The China answer. He made a gaffe. He should have corrected himself quickly. Most LOGICAL people knew what he was saying. China is upgrading their nukes and military capacities, but it sounded bad nonetheless.

Then the sexual harassment RESPONSE. I mean they were caught so off-guard, by something they should have known was coming!

Now the Libya thing. What the hell was that.

Foreign is what people are claiming is your weak point, why aren't you studying up?

I still love the 9-9-9 plan, his economic geniuity is remarkable and undeniable and he would be the perfect man running our economy. However, he has too much foot and mouth disease and I think Romney might be a better pick.

it's kind of funny that you didn't care what idiocy came out of his mouth til it was about the middle east.

he was pro choice until his masters told him that's not the "base's" party line... so he backtracked.

he knows nothing so didn't know china already had nukes. you're giving him a pass for a total lack of preparedness.... about something an elementary school student knows.

he wasn't just "caught off guard" about the sexual harassment issue... first... yes, he should have known it would be brought out by someone competing with him for the GOP nod. then he lied about it... then he tried to make up a reason for why he lied... then 3 more women showed up with similar complaints.

and 9-9-9 came from the sims video game.

and you finally hit the breaking point because he wasn't knowledgeable enough to say *why* he disagreed with the president about libya???

THAT is what got you?

jaysus....

Watching Herman Cain trying to answer the Libya question was actually painful. I thought Rick Perry was bad last week!!! I almost felt sorry for Cain.

How can anyone even consider Perry or Cain?? Can you imagine either actually being president??? It's too scary to think about. They both need to get out.

Do you want guy that talks the talk or walks the walk? A guy who sounds great but can't govern worth a damn? Or a guy that doesn't spread the fertilizer real smooth but gets the job done?

God, we're so stupid when it comes to electing our political leaders.

I remember a dumb and naive Obama back when.

With the office comes advisers.

it is kind of funny to see him being eaten by his own, though. even michelle malkin, that nutter... said that cain "couldn't put together a coherant thought on libya".

well, no he couldn't.... but honestly, he couldn't put together a coherant thought before that.

he's a good schmoozer, though.

and just for the amusement of the "cain train" people...

video at link:

Herman Cain on Libya - YouTube

Last edited:

Forum List

Back