I Mean Seriously, Just Stop Talking About Rape Already

ClosedCaption

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2010
10614225_10152416432966275_7963344766175073501_n.jpg

Among other declarations and protestations concerning the IRS, HIV/AIDS and homosexuality, Lockman, then president of the Pro-Life Education Association, said in a letter sent in 1990 that he didn't see why rape shouldn't be acceptable if abortion is legal.

But in normal fashion I will now give the republicans something other than the above statement to pivot to as a bigger problem

A Republican state lawmaker who has been criticized by the Maine Democratic Party for his past statements about homosexuality, rape and abortion,

So now the republicans can respond about how unfair it is for Dems to criticize this guy because if you dont agree that rape should be legal like this gentlemen then you are "criticizing" which is bad. Isnt that how it works?

Among other declarations and protestations concerning the IRS, HIV/AIDS and homosexuality, Lockman, then president of the Pro-Life Education Association, said in a letter sent in 1990 that he didn't see why rape shouldn't be acceptable if abortion is legal.

But in normal fashion I will now give the republicans something other than the above statement to pivot to as a bigger problem

A Republican state lawmaker who has been criticized by the Maine Democratic Party for his past statements about homosexuality, rape and abortion,

So now the republicans can respond about how unfair it is for Dems to criticize this guy because if you dont agree that rape should be legal like this gentlemen then you are "criticizing" which is bad. Isnt that how it works?

1990? Really?

I was in 10th Grade at the time.

1990? Really?

Me too (almost). Congrats

1990? Really?

Yeah, but for how many years in a row? LOL!

1990 isn't exactly ancient history. Especially since RWs are still saying shit like that.

Shine a big bright light on the cockroaches.

Talk about it, discuss it, argue and fight and think about how you would feel if it were you or your wife or daughter or mother.

What we don't want to do is go back to pretending that rape doesn't happen or that women don't know what they want and that 'no means yes', as Rush Limbaugh just declared.

There was another Republican who recently said that since abortion is legal, rape should be okay as well but I can't remember which idiot it was.

There was another Republican who recently said that since abortion is legal, rape should be okay as well but I can't remember which idiot it was.

that guy is currently in public office up in maine, so his old comments came back up recently in the news...

A Republican state lawmaker who has been criticized by the Maine Democratic Party for his past statements about homosexuality, rape and abortion, said Wednesday that he regrets the comments, the Morning Sentinel reported.

Democrats called for state Rep. Lawrence Lockman’s resignation after blogger Mike Tipping chronicled Lockman's public statements since the 1980s in a blog post Tuesday.

"If a woman has [the right to an abortion], why shouldn’t a man be free to use his superior strength to force himself on a woman?" Lockman wrote. "At least the rapist’s pursuit of sexual freedom doesn’t [in most cases] result in anyone’s death."

Lockman released a statement Wednesday in which he said he regrets his comments.

Republican Lawmaker Apologizes For Saying Men Should Be Able To Rape Women If Abortion Is Legal

Maine lawmaker says he regrets comments on rape gays - Central Maine

-

Lawrence E. Lockman is an American lumber worker, lobbyist and political activist from Amherst, Maine, who has served as a Republican member of the Maine House of Representatives since 2012.

Lawrence Lockman - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

1990 isn't exactly ancient history. Especially since RWs are still saying shit like that.

Shine a big bright light on the cockroaches.

Talk about it, discuss it, argue and fight and think about how you would feel if it were you or your wife or daughter or mother.

What we don't want to do is go back to pretending that rape doesn't happen or that women don't know what they want and that 'no means yes', as Rush Limbaugh just declared.

If you actually paid attention, the quote was about abortion, using rape as a comparison, not an advocating in any way rape, or the non-punishment of rapists.

Honestly, all I think happens is some Dem operative looks up "Rape" and "Republican" in Google, and then just spreads it out, regardless of the context, hoping their low information base just gobbles it up without any thinking involved.

Second thread about rape this week. Both started by....... lefty loons.

Actually, RW loon koshergrl also started a thread that included the subject.

Maybe she also believes rape is wrong.
This thread isn't about right or wrong, it's about trashing the GOP by trolls.

Posting facts isn't trolling.

Feel free to post proof that he didn't say it.
Posting to irritate other posters regardless of content IS TROLLING

Second thread about rape this week. Both started by....... lefty loons.

Actually, RW loon koshergrl also started a thread that included the subject.

Maybe she also believes rape is wrong.
This thread isn't about right or wrong, it's about trashing the GOP by trolls.

Gramma is making me look like the Great Kreskin

Forum List

Back