I Made a Promise and I Stand By It

Discussion in 'Economy' started by WillowTree, Dec 12, 2008.

1. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,703
    I Made a Promise and I Stand By It « FOX Forum « FOXNews.com

A lot of Americans I know make a promise too.. Take the money? take the bailout? I promise never to even look at another car made by the big 3..

so go ahead and do it.:lol::lol:

Last edited: Dec 12, 2008
  2. Againsheila

Againsheila Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,700
    Sorry, my next door neighbor sells fords. He sold us our two cars and he's a good man. I will continue to try to keep people like him employed.

I think that if we are going to give $700 billion to the banks with no strings attached, then we should at least bail out the big 3 as well.

In truth, the banks never should have been bailed out, but it's hypocritical to bail out the banks with no strings attached and then turn our backs on the big 3 and any other company in this country that needs help.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  3. WillowTree

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,703
    for the umpteenth time,, I was against the bank bailout too.. hello

4. Mad Scientist

Mad Scientist Deplorable Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,680
    The gubamint should just issue printing presses to anyone who wants one so they can print their own money.

5. WillowTree

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,703
    Sadness and concern turned to outrage at 10 a.m. this morning while listening to Gettelfinger address the world. In his rambling speech, he

so Ford took it'self outta the begging business? well now,, that I can respect. yeah Ford..

6. Lycurgus

Lycurgus Who is Obama, really...??

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +258
    I try to watch the news on as many networks as possible, even if I don't like the network. I do the same with printed news from around the nation. From what I have read thus far, the polls reflect that the majority of American's are against this move, as it is proposed.

I have also gathered that the majority or darn close to it, want to see something done to help these companies and truly do not want to see them fail completely.

You can refinance a home in pretty short order and do it properly covering all the bases and finding the best options. However I feel from watching these polls that the majority of American's understand that this is a bit more complex! Go figure. Further, after the first bail out, they already feel stung by this hurry, hurry the sky is falling BS.

Oh they are going to get their help, the taxpayer will flip the bill. Further, we run the risk of nationalizing the industry and letting the unions end up with part ownership. Frankly if either one of those things happen or both, then a good case is made for not being loyal. IMO

Yes, help is needed, but, it needs to be carefully crafted and clearly no one is sensing that, as of yet.

7. user_name_guest

user_name_guest Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +43
    Good job. Now let's pass into Amendment that the Federal Government can't have a deficit and must have a balanced budget/surplus. Because after Bush's last eight years, do you want this country to go into more debt bailing out inefficient market players?

Last edited: Dec 12, 2008
  8. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    I disagreed with giving the money to the banks "no strings attached"; likewise, the automakers.

They need some restructuring, starting with some income evaluations at the executive level. These guys are getting rich for being failures? Something's wrong with that.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  9. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    Your damn straight it is. I figure it for a blackmail of some kind. Congress has quickly learned that they had BETTER attach some strings to that bailout money real quickly.

10. WillowTree

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,703