I Made a Promise and I Stand By It

And STILL nitwits insist that free trade is GOOD for the economy.

Go figure.

Talk to Billboard! Free Trade is here to stay. obamalama cannot risk the ire of Canada and Mexico.. hello!

I believe the point has been made the bankrutcy for the auto industry isn't the same as bankruptcy for other industries. Would you buy a car from a bankrupt company? I wouldn't. That's why people don't generally buy cars that are no longer being manufactured. There is no guarantee that your warranty will be honored or that the parts will be available for repairs.

I do laugh at the notion that the BIG 3 haven't made some pretty big concessions. it's like they want blood from them before they'll give them one penny. What a vast different between them and the banks huh?!

and :clap2: I love seeing all these "pro american" conservatives who will, on principal, abandon our auto industry. that's really smart.

I saw this report the other day that said prior to Reagan taking office American was the biggest exporter of manufactured goods and the smallest importer of natural resources and we owed the least amount of money to other countries. Now it's exactly the opposite... smallest exporter, biggest importer and in the most debt.... :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

"Our" auto industry? My 2006 Highlander was built in Tennessee, by American workers and the majority of the parts were made in the US as well. My old Pontiac was "built" in Michigan, but all the parts were made in Mexico....

So who is "our" auto industry. I vote for Toyota....

Forum List

Back