I Love you American Folk's But...

Who needs to learn another language when I have google to translate for me?

L'élégance d'une mangue pâle peut être inhabituellement déterminée par l'ergonomie de la machine à écrire en bambou de la fin du XIXe siècle, dont le ruban a été mordu par un gibbon en chaleur.

Les grandes frégates du Liechtenstein ont aussi des téléphones à moitié mangés dans leur orchestre.
:th_believecrap: c'est compliqué tout ça :laugh: ;)

The French people, in many ways, remind me of an old man who lives in a once beautiful home. However, after many years of neglect, wear and tear, the doors and walls are falling apart. Yet, he continues to opine on the beauty of it and cannot possibly understand why you dont?
Your republic's principles are being used to hang you with. Your cultural and moral relativist teachings are rotting your culture at the root.
Yet, if someone dares to speak about it...RACISTE! As I stated before, you self censor and you allow protestation to be illegalized.
This is all very predictable if you look at it from the air. Yet, you are not alone in this. Germany, Sweden, GBR are all in lockstep in some form or another.
European people need to wake up.

The French people, in many ways, remind me of an old man who lives in a once beautiful home. However, after many years of neglect, wear and tear, the doors and walls are falling apart. Yet, he continues to opine on the beauty of it and cannot possibly understand why you dont?
Your republic's principles are being used to hang you with. Your cultural and moral relativist teachings are rotting your culture at the root.
Yet, if someone dares to speak about it...RACISTE! As I stated before, you self censor and you allow protestation to be illegalized.
This is all very predictable if you look at it from the air. Yet, you are not alone in this. Germany, Sweden, GBR are all in lockstep in some form or another.
European people need to wake up.
C'est grotesque à la fin, you are so true, why can we call a cat a cat ? Here in France we have problem with always the same people but nobody could say Something against it Or

I took French in the 5th and 6th grade, but haven't used it since, except for a few words here and there, throughout the years since then. :)

What stuck with me was the kiddy song the quill of my aunt. :biggrin:
It is very hard to learn French i could teach you all if you want ? :th_yourecute:

No I'm fine with the quill of my aunt , alouette, oui and pas. :)

P.S.
Poor little lark. :(
Pauvre petite alouette votre tante vous disait Pauvre petite alouette avant c'est ça ?

Fraternité--brotherhood and the extended belief that to announce something different or negative about a certain party, ethnic/religious group would destroy the cohesion of the whole.

This is why, for instance, when your country takes a census they are prohibited by law to ask a person's ethnicity.

A Frenchman would simply say: "Why do you need to know their ethnicity? That is their business...we are ALL Frenchmen!"

YET...this is a French Ideal and not one that Muslims share. To THEM..they are Muslim first..Mohammad (for example) second and French...maybe third?

Last edited:
Fraternité--brotherhood and the extended belief that to announce something different or negative about a certain party, ethnic/religious group would destroy the cohesion of the whole.

This is why, for instance, when your country takes a census they are prohibited by law to ask a person's religion.

A Frenchman would simply say: "Why do you need to know their religion? That is their business...we are ALL Frenchmen!"

YET...this is a French Ideal and not one that Muslims share. To THEM..they are Muslim first..Mohammad (for example) second and French...maybe third?
They are forgiven when they shout Allah Akbar before they kill people and they are French in everyway. that's how it is here

let me try that translation again, spelling correctly.

Eh bien, nous entendons beaucoup de choses ici aussi, malheureusement.

eh bien, ça aide quand j'épelle correctement les mots. Essayons encore
Ici on dit la liberté d'expression, mais c'est à la carte.
les gens peuvent ne pas aimer beaucoup de ce que nous disons ici, mais au moins nous pouvons le dire, de toute façon

Hope google translate works right! That’s what I’m using. :2up:
I use Google translate too :)well sometime i just go for it without it :th_yourecute:

Google Translate can handle Québecois? :uhh:

This is why, for instance, when your country takes a census they are prohibited by law to ask a person's religion.

A Frenchman would simply say: "Why do you need to know their religion? That is their business...we are ALL Frenchmen!"

I don't think I've ever seen a census anywhere that asked for religion. Nor is it asked on immigration forms (In the US), unless the immigrant seeks asylum specifically on grounds of religious persecution.

I don't know if you've ever been to France but when I lived there I hung out with what I assume must have been Muslims. I assume that because they were from Morocco and Algeria and Tunisia and Egypt and Sudan. Yet nobody ever brought up religion there either. It simply wasn't relevant to anything. So they never brought it up, nor did I ask.

les gens peuvent ne pas aimer beaucoup de ce que nous disons ici, mais au moins nous pouvons le dire, de toute façon

I use Google translate too :)well sometime i just go for it without it :th_yourecute:

I speak French and Quebecois Pogo i been here for a long time now ;)

I speak French and Quebecois Pogo i been here for a long time now ;)

Excellent, so now you're trilingual. :)

At least one lady in France thought I was trilingual because I spoke French, English and American. ;)

I don't think I've ever seen a census anywhere that asked for religion. Nor is it asked on immigration forms (In the US), unless the immigrant seeks asylum specifically on grounds of religious persecution.

I don't know if you've ever been to France but when I lived there I hung out with what I assume must have been Muslims. I assume that because they were from Morocco and Algeria and Tunisia and Egypt and Sudan. Yet nobody ever brought up religion there either. It simply wasn't relevant to anything. So they never brought it up, nor did I ask.
- I mistyped. I meant to type ethnicity. It is illegal to ask the ethnicity of the individual...noted corrected.
- Well, I have never lived in France but I have been there a few times. Well, I am glad you never talked about religion. As for your personal experience how does that contribute to the real violence issues in the Islamic community there?

I took French in the 5th and 6th grade, but haven't used it since, except for a few words here and there, throughout the years since then. :)

It is very hard to learn French i could teach you all if you want ? :th_yourecute:

Un si beau Pays
XVM9a4c53a6-92b9-11e5-b208-510798dd6b93.jpg

Une élue de Paris veut un éclairage tricolore permanent de la Tour Eiffel

- I mistyped. I meant to type ethnicity. It is illegal to ask the ethnicity of the individual...noted corrected.
- Well, I have never lived in France but I have been there a few times. Well, I am glad you never talked about religion. As for your personal experience how does that contribute to the real violence issues in the Islamic community there?

I never saw any. The only violence issues I saw were when I left France and went to England. Somehow, however bizzarely, nobody was talking about the IRA's religion either. You have some bizzaro views of how the world actually works.

And I don't buy your "uh I mistyped, I meant ethnicity not religion" when the entire rest of your post was about ---- religion.

Un si beau Pays

I was impressed by la Tour. One doesn't really grok how massive it is from pictures. :thup:

Un si beau Pays

I knew a French foreign exchange student in the early 80's who was attending the university of San Diego and he said he used to live not far from the Eiffel Tower and he thought it was an eye sore. :(

This is one of my favourite books of all time:

Mots_D%27Heures_Gousses%2C_Rames_1967.jpg

Et qui rit des curés d'Oc?1
De Meuse raines,2 houp! de cloques.3
De quelles loques ce turque coin.4
Et ne d'ânes ni rennes,
Écuries des curés d'Oc.5

1. Oc (or Languedoc), ancient region of France, with its capital at Toulouse. Its monks and curates were, it seems, a singularly humble and holy group. This little poem is a graceful tribute to their virtues.

2. Meuse, or Maas, river, 560 miles long, traversing France, Belgium, and the Netherland; Raines, old French word for frogs (from the L., ranae). Here is a beautiful example of Gothic imagery: He who laughs at the curés of Oc will have frogs leap at him from the Meuse river and . . .

3. . . . infect him with a scrofulous disease! This is particularly interesting when we consider the widespread superstition in America that frogs and toads cause warts.

4. "Turkish corners" were introduced into Western Europe by returning Crusaders, among other luxuries and refinements of Oriental living. Our good monks made a concession to the fashion, but N.B. their Turkish corner was made of rags! This affectation of interior decorating had a widespread revival in the U.S.A. at the turn of the century. Ah, the Tsar's bazaars' bizarre beaux-arts.

5. So strict were the monks that they didn't even indulge themselves in their arduous travels. No fancy mules nor reindeer in their stables. They just rode around on their plain French asses.

I never saw any.
Well that's nice.

The only violence issues I saw were when I left France and went to England. Somehow, however bizzarely, nobody was talking about the IRA's religion either.

They weren't? Well maybe they should? Maybe they could glean something from that conversation?

You have some bizzaro views of how the world actually works.

Well, that's nice

And I don't buy your "uh I mistyped, I meant ethnicity not religion" when the entire rest of your post was about ---- religion.

Well, that's nice.

Nothing like the anecdotal...

Forum List

Back